2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 06:37 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by lapinobel
Did something pretty silly today but bear with me... So I bought a Low Rider S in june, thinking it would be my do-it-all bike, sold both a Kawasaki and Triumph to fund it. Really loved the bike but never quite found it comfortable enough, and got some back problems at the same time that seemed to get worse. So decided to sell the LRS, and traded it in for a BMW r1250r. Fantastic bike, great on bad roads, very comfortable etc but it lacks that "Harley feeling". So I kept looking for a Harley, but not as my main bike but as a second bike for those short sunday rides, or bar-hops with my friends. While looking for second hand options, I came across my own LRS which was on sale for a few hundred euro than what I sold it for. Hasn't been ridden since I sold it, km's are the same as the day I traded it in. Than I figured how cool it felt riding it, and what a great bike it can be when I use it for those shorter rides. Yeah, suspension isn't the best and I found it harsh on belgian roads but damn did it look and feel great.

On top of that... my back has gotten even worse, even after riding the BMW and even after NOT being on my bike for a few weeks now. So I also figured my back pain really wasn't solely due to the bike itself, but just me getting old and used (I'm 48). Also, been looking out for a Road King Special which looked great and felt very nice, but to be honest it's quite a bit of added money for a bike that I would be using as a second bike anyway. So I bought my LRS again from the dealer and will be taking her (back) home next weekend. Also got myself a Saddlemen seat which probably will help with comfort, and might do a small riser/pullback thing when I feel I'm still leaning a bit too much forward.

So there you have it. Silly right?

Silly? Maybe.
congrats. Again Lol!

Old 11-27-2021, 07:19 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

With winter closing in trying to squeeze out the last rides of 2021. My bike was delivered from the factory to me in July 2020. Title in hand, no payment(had to sacrifice a 92 fxr and a 2012 wide glide).In a little over a year I have almost completed my mods list: villain 2 Hero fairing. Drag specialties 5.5 pull back risers with LA choppers 1 inch riser extension’s, low rider two up stock seat to HD tall boy seat, top hand ventures custom sissy bar, custom dynamic lay down license plate,Avon flame grips, HD swing arm bag& coil cover, stock rear pegs, screamin eagle replacement filter, power vision tuner, Bassani road rage 3 exhaust, woods 22xE cam , S&s lifters & cuffs and 55 millimeter intake manifold,a.I.m clutch spring’s and cycle-rama compensator ramp. I have owned 4 Harley Davidson bikes this one is the best hands down!

Last edited by Durham man; 11-27-2021 at 08:08 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Durham man:
imoo6170 (11-28-2021), rauchman (01-29-2022), RGS88 (11-27-2021), VernDiesel (12-27-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 07:27 AM
lapinobel
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

looks great mate!

The following users liked this post:
Durham man (11-27-2021)
Old 11-27-2021, 08:32 PM
O'Riordan
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two weeks and seven hundred miles on a 21 impressions. Coming from 88 FXR, couple of sportsters and an R1200R. I almost bought the Dyna in 2016, but bought the kraut instead. 45k on it and many good trips, but if anyone thinks HD is expensive in parts, service and purchase, don’t go BMW!
I am 180# and 5’ 8”, 60+ years old, and 50 of that riding.
*Test ride first impressions; this is a big bike, heavier than any bike I have owned by at least a hundred pounds. Back brake LOL BAD. Mid pegs ain’t really mid pegs, their in between pegs. The handle bar reach is too far forward for my body size.
*The better test ride first impressions are the motor which is very torquey with decent throttle response, over coming the weight easily. Love the HD v-twin! The stability for this bike is amazingly solid as on rails, equal to the R1200R and much better than FXR/Sportster with spherical joint upgraded swing arm mods and such. Handling is very good and enjoyable. Front brake is powerful and with really good feel.
So 5” pull backs, S&S leveraged bell crank back brake petal and extreme pads and I really enjoyed the 700 miles! I am also getting used to the forward mids.
Thanks to the members here in steering me to the two very good suggestions.
Two up seat and stage one next week, and many more to come, we all know how that is, but riding as much as weather allows.
I hope this helps anyone looking to buy as minor adjustments have a big impact and the foundation is solid.

The following users liked this post:
Durham man (11-28-2021)
Old 11-28-2021, 01:56 AM
2020LowRiderS
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

[QUOTE=Durham man;20302933]
With winter closing in trying to squeeze out the last rides of 2021. My bike was delivered from the factory to me in July 2020. Title in hand, no payment(had to sacrifice a 92 fxr and a 2012 wide glide).In a little over a year I have almost completed my mods list: villain 2 Hero fairing. Drag specialties 5.5 pull back risers with LA choppers 1 inch riser extension’s, low rider two up stock seat to HD tall boy seat, top hand ventures custom sissy bar, custom dynamic lay down license plate,Avon flame grips, HD swing arm bag& coil cover, stock rear pegs, screamin eagle replacement filter, power vision tuner, Bassani road rage 3 exhaust, woods 22xE cam , S&s lifters & cuffs and 55 millimeter intake manifold,a.I.m clutch spring’s and cycle-rama compensator ramp. I have owned 4 Harley Davidson bikes this one is the best hands down![/QUOTE how do you find the villain 2 hero fairing ? I thought it was rather heavy I had one on but felt like I had someone sitting on the handle bars lol

Old 11-28-2021, 03:03 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member

[QUOTE=2020LowRiderS;20304271]
Originally Posted by Durham man

With winter closing in trying to squeeze out the last rides of 2021. My bike was delivered from the factory to me in July 2020. Title in hand, no payment(had to sacrifice a 92 fxr and a 2012 wide glide).In a little over a year I have almost completed my mods list: villain 2 Hero fairing. Drag specialties 5.5 pull back risers with LA choppers 1 inch riser extension’s, low rider two up stock seat to HD tall boy seat, top hand ventures custom sissy bar, custom dynamic lay down license plate,Avon flame grips, HD swing arm bag& coil cover, stock rear pegs, screamin eagle replacement filter, power vision tuner, Bassani road rage 3 exhaust, woods 22xE cam , S&s lifters & cuffs and 55 millimeter intake manifold,a.I.m clutch spring’s and cycle-rama compensator ramp. I have owned 4 Harley Davidson bikes this one is the best hands down![/QUOTE how do you find the villain 2 hero fairing ? I thought it was rather heavy I had one on but felt like I had someone sitting on the handle bars lol
first I have ever heard or even thought about it. No I don’t find it heavy at all. Maybe you should join a gym or get a plastic one.just messing with you. I believe it is like 8 pounds or so but no I never even noticed it. That would be a pro for the a.b.s (plastic) ones like deviant. Any extra weight I did put on the bike the cam makes up for it.

Last edited by Durham man; 11-28-2021 at 04:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2021, 06:26 PM
Phil McGrath
Tourer
Received 245 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by O'Riordan
Two weeks and seven hundred miles on a 21 impressions. Coming from 88 FXR, couple of sportsters and an R1200R. I almost bought the Dyna in 2016, but bought the kraut instead. 45k on it and many good trips, but if anyone thinks HD is expensive in parts, service and purchase, don’t go BMW!
I am 180# and 5’ 8”, 60+ years old, and 50 of that riding.
*Test ride first impressions; this is a big bike, heavier than any bike I have owned by at least a hundred pounds. Back brake LOL BAD. Mid pegs ain’t really mid pegs, their in between pegs. The handle bar reach is too far forward for my body size.
*The better test ride first impressions are the motor which is very torquey with decent throttle response, over coming the weight easily. Love the HD v-twin! The stability for this bike is amazingly solid as on rails, equal to the R1200R and much better than FXR/Sportster with spherical joint upgraded swing arm mods and such. Handling is very good and enjoyable. Front brake is powerful and with really good feel.
So 5” pull backs, S&S leveraged bell crank back brake petal and extreme pads and I really enjoyed the 700 miles! I am also getting used to the forward mids.
Thanks to the members here in steering me to the two very good suggestions.
Two up seat and stage one next week, and many more to come, we all know how that is, but riding as much as weather allows.
I hope this helps anyone looking to buy as minor adjustments have a big impact and the foundation is solid.
Before you buy the S&S bell crank most of us have adjusted the pedal up about a 1/2in and the rear brake becomes more effective. There is a post here on the board that shows how too do it, I suggest trying this first before spending money.

Old 11-28-2021, 08:45 PM
O'Riordan
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil McGrath
Before you buy the S&S bell crank most of us have adjusted the pedal up about a 1/2in and the rear brake becomes more effective. There is a post here on the board that shows how too do it, I suggest trying this first before spending money.
Thanks man, I did that first and it was a big help. But afterward I bought the pedal and the pads straight up first purchase. Getting better, but more work to be done and studying ideas now.

Old 11-29-2021, 02:33 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by O'Riordan
Thanks man, I did that first and it was a big help. But afterward I bought the pedal and the pads straight up first purchase. Getting better, but more work to be done and studying ideas now.
Yep, for me also the S&S pedal and bell crank ($163) with Lyndall Extreme pads was the rear brake game changer.

Old 12-03-2021, 04:21 AM
alpneus
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Please, What is the closing torque of the rear wheel axis?
In the manual I don't find it

The manual says to replace the screws of the disc and pulley, once they are disassembled ... do you have to do it ???

Thanks

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners