2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2021 | 03:56 PM
FattyMcJ
Tourer

Originally Posted by hell hound
Anybody regretting going with the new lowrider s from a dyna low rider?
had minor accident on 14 lowrider and considering getting a new low rider instead of fixing my 14
Didn't own one, but I test rode several late model Dyna Low Riders & Street Bobs before pulling the trigger on my FXLRS. I even had the dealer look for a Dyna Low Rider S for me, for about 2 weeks, before I committed to the Softail.

Great bikes, but two rides on the FXLRS was all it took for me to realize, it's just better in every way. First ride was "holy $hit!", second was "yep, this is it". She now has over 5k miles, finished the 2nd service/oil change, and I couldn't be happier.

I would have loved to run some Legend piggy-backs & fronts on a dyna for the "bling" factor, and I'm sure performance, but the stock FXLRS is darn near perfect out of the box.

Old 03-29-2021 | 09:18 PM
JAX_FXLRS
Stage II

Hey, nice bike. Where did you get your sissy bar from?

Old 03-29-2021 | 09:23 PM
JAX_FXLRS
Stage II

Originally Posted by TeeJayEe
Finally got some good weather to go out for a ride today!

Sorry, for repost. I am new at this. Wanted to know where you got your sissy bar from?

Old 03-30-2021 | 04:05 AM
TeeJayEe
Tourer

Originally Posted by JAX_FXLRS
Wanted to know where you got your sissy bar from?
I’ve had a few people ask! It’s from an online store in Europe called ‘Motea’. I’d not heard of them before I was searching but I’ve been really impressed. This one is quick-detach and has a rack that can be fitted but I think they do fixed ones also.

I like that the tubing gauge is a little thicker than most bars, feels like it suits the bike a little better.

Old 03-30-2021 | 05:22 AM
Lorecapo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by TeeJayEe
Thanks! Can’t believe I hadn’t noticed before but you’ve got a point... I’d assumed they were supposed to be chrome (or ‘bright silver’ as I think HD calls it). I’ve just Googled and even in the HD press shots they’re black.

I’m going to have a word with my dealership and hopefully they can switch them out since the black looks better and presumably wouldn’t corrode like the silver.
The LRS imported into Europe are assembled in Thailand, in order to avoid the import duties that USA and Europe put to eachother last year.
I don't know why the bikes coming from there have these parts polished instead of black...
It has been a very bad surprise when my bike arrived las year, to solve the problem I'm painting them black in these days.

Old 03-30-2021 | 05:30 AM
TeeJayEe
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lorecapo
The LRS imported into Europe are assembled in Thailand, in order to avoid the import duties that USA and Europe put to eachother last year.
I don't know why the bikes coming from there have these parts polished instead of black...
It has been a very bad surprise when my bike arrived las year, to solve the problem I'm painting them black in these days.
Yeah I think you’re right. I was chatting to a friend last night who pointed out that a lot of the used bikes for sale in the UK have the polished rocker box lowers.

I don’t mind the look so much, it’s more that they’re corroding and pitting after like 1 month despite never riding in the rain... I’m going to ask HD to change them, since the photos on the UK website have always showed black, that’s what I expected to get!

Old 03-30-2021 | 09:11 PM
Phil McGrath
Tourer

Have them powder coated Hemi Orange, that's gotta get you 20+ extra HP.....

Old 04-01-2021 | 03:11 PM
RyanthePirate
Stage I

Hey Guys

New here! Got a lot of inspiration from some of the photos in this thread when I first picked up my Low Rider S last year. So thought I’d post my own progress. 👍🏼

The following 2 users liked this post by RyanthePirate:
FattyMcJ (04-02-2021), rauchman (01-30-2022)
Old 04-01-2021 | 03:16 PM
TeeJayEe
Tourer

Anyone with a Memphis Shades RW getting any buzzing noises? I’ve removed/refitted and checked every fixing to the point I’m at a loss to where the buzzing is coming from.

I first thought it was the headlight shroud rubbing on the ring around it on the fairing but I’ve got a pretty much perfectly even gap around the headlight.

It’s not a major issue as it’s only at certain revs for a few seconds but it’s annoying.

Old 04-02-2021 | 05:33 AM
TeeJayEe
Tourer

Update on the black rocker box lowers vs alloy mystery.

As above, they are indeed shipping alloy rocker box lowers on the HDs built in Thailand and the disclaimer on the website says ‘bikes may vary per region’ so my options are basically keep the pitted alloy ones or pay a load for the black ones.

I know it’s only a minor cosmetic thing and I’m indifferent on the actual look. Would’ve preferred a part that doesn’t corrode in 3 months though.

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners