2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2020, 01:40 PM
TeeJayEe
Tourer
Received 105 Likes on 50 Posts

Had this a few weeks now, put 500 miles on it and couldn’t be happier with it. Coming from a ‘94 Lowrider the smoothness and power is quite the improvement!

Getting a Stage 1 fitted when it goes in for the 1000 miles service. I was waiting for the S&S 2 into 1 to arrive but I’m now going to leave it 2 into 2 since I’ve warmed to the look of the stock pipes on the Softail frame.

Old 09-14-2020, 07:48 PM
eVuLPeNGuiN
Intermediate
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

What sissy bar is that, and what's the height on it?

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
Been a while since I’ve done much to the scoot other than ride it because my father passed away and I was not in a good place for a while. Anyways I found some motivation to wrench on the bike and decided to wait on the 128” kit and just install what I had.

Fuelmoto a/c w/S&S cover
C&C Fastback seat
RRI led inserts f/r
Dynojet PV w/Fuelmoto tune
Basanni RR3 in stainless
Fueling Reaper 465 cam
Knight Prowler lifers
Fuelmoto adjustable pushrods
Dirty Dixie Performance 10” windshield for HD fairing
Bungking rear shock extension
6” straight risers

Old 09-15-2020, 10:56 AM
FattyMcJ
Tourer
Received 155 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by eVuLPeNGuiN
What sissy bar is that, and what's the height on it?
Looks like an ER. Same as me.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EdwardRichie

The following users liked this post:
Windycityblues (09-18-2020)
Old 09-15-2020, 11:21 AM
eVuLPeNGuiN
Intermediate
Received 41 Likes on 23 Posts

Awesome thanks!

Old 09-15-2020, 11:24 AM
T-dog530
Novice

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Ay down bracket

Originally Posted by Mtn_Snow71
This was on the bike when i bought it from the dealership, so while i believe it is just a bolt on item, I would hate to give you false information. Maybe contact the company to confirm fitment, or if someone else here has installed this,they can chime in.
From what I have read and seen, it is a direct bolt on for the FXLRS. I am getting ready to order one as well..

Old 09-15-2020, 06:45 PM
TheReckoning
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paper Filter to K&N Filter

After about 500 miles I decided that my new 2020 Low Rider S was way too quiet. So I decided to replace the stock mufflers with some Cobra Neighborhaters Slip-ons. I also purchased a Screamin Eagle High Flo K&N replacement air filter to get rid of the paper filter that comes stock. With that being a said and because I’m a bit of a moron, my question is this: when switching from the paper filter to the K&N filter, coupled with the new Cobra Slip-ons, is it necessary that I re-tune ASAP or at all?

Last edited by TheReckoning; 09-15-2020 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:20 PM
dirty lawyer
Novice
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a hard time with the riding position with the stock pegs, but I wasn't sure I wanted to go with forward controls. The compromise I went with was Kuryakyn folding footboards. While I'm not super wild about the aesthetics, being able to extend foot position further forward and back made longer rides way more comfortable.

​​​​​​https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/52...folding-boards

Old 09-16-2020, 10:07 AM
FattyMcJ
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheReckoning
After about 500 miles I decided that my new 2020 Low Rider S was way too quiet. So I decided to replace the stock mufflers with some Cobra Neighborhaters Slip-ons. I also purchased a Screamin Eagle High Flo K&N replacement air filter to get rid of the paper filter that comes stock. With that being a said and because I’m a bit of a moron, my question is this: when switching from the paper filter to the K&N filter, coupled with the new Cobra Slip-ons, is it necessary that I re-tune ASAP or at all?
My understanding is, slip-ons: no, full pipes: maybe, but anytime you add more air (intake): yes.

Old 09-16-2020, 10:08 AM
FattyMcJ
Tourer

Originally Posted by dirty lawyer
I had a hard time with the riding position with the stock pegs, but I wasn't sure I wanted to go with forward controls. The compromise I went with was Kuryakyn folding footboards. While I'm not super wild about the aesthetics, being able to extend foot position further forward and back made longer rides way more comfortable.

​​​​​​https://www.kuryakyn.com/products/52...folding-boards
Interested to see what these look like. Can you post pics (on your bike, obviously)?

Also, hi from Englewood!

Old 09-16-2020, 10:11 AM
ss3964spd
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by TheReckoning
Necessary? No. Desirable? Perhaps. If it feels like it's running fine, with no loss of bottom end torque, then you can certainly leave it alone. From what I've read here though, even dead stock bikes can benefit from a tune.

Glad I'm not your neighbor.

The following users liked this post:
TheReckoning (09-17-2020)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners