2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2020 Low Rider S owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2019, 12:25 PM
Quaz
Stage IV
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Oh man, I have that fairing on order. It's painful waiting on it. Surdyke is cheap, but slow... Looks so much better then the micro one it comes with... Thanks for posting!
Did you order only a fairing and a bracket kit? Without any headlamp bucket and a trim ring? Having the new fairing set, could you please share your experience compared to the stock fairing. I like the look, but uncertain about the buffeting.

Old 09-13-2019, 05:29 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,536 Likes on 2,144 Posts

Originally Posted by Windycityblues
Is that license plate holder a bent stock one or a bolt on piece? @Mchad
Its the only piece of overpriced Kuryaken stuff I own...

Amazon Amazon

The following users liked this post:
Windycityblues (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 05:33 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by Quaz
Did you order only a fairing and a bracket kit? Without any headlamp bucket and a trim ring? Having the new fairing set, could you please share your experience compared to the stock fairing. I like the look, but uncertain about the buffeting.
Yes, no bucket needed with the HD faring, nor would I expect with any cafe style fairing. I will, however, continue to look for an option to use a standard bucket with this bikes oddball mounting scheme, as I want to eventually get my JW Speaker Gen2 Adaptive headlight on there at some point...

And... Happily my mount and fairing shipped from Surdyke today! I'll be impatiently waiting for the man in brown on Wed I expect!

Last edited by Mchad; 09-13-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Dealer hasn’t taken it down off their site yet so I swiped these.

Oh man, that gave me a happy feeling in my pants. (sorry for that). Their fairing is alot wider then the Memphis Shades Cafe I've been using for years. I bet its wind protection is going to be as good as it looks! Can't WAIT till Wednesday!

Though, Monday I'm getting my RS 468 cam. So there's that to be excited for!

Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Windycityblues
Advanced
Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Oh man, that gave me a happy feeling in my pants. (sorry for that). Their fairing is alot wider then the Memphis Shades Cafe I've been using for years. I bet its wind protection is going to be as good as it looks! Can't WAIT till Wednesday!

Though, Monday I'm getting my RS 468 cam. So there's that to be excited for!
😂 makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.
The fairing, so far, has been just like the rest of the bike for me and exceeded my expectations. It does definitely knock the wind down a bit and looks killer. I haven’t dove into dissembling it yet to confirm but it appears it’s rubber mounted so it “gives” a little when big gusts come up without pushing the bike or the bars around. Really quite impressed. 700 mile trip planned for tomorrow through Oklahoma and Arkansas so it’ll be put through the paces and really tested out.

Old 09-13-2019, 07:11 PM
Mchad
Club Member

�� makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.
The fairing, so far, has been just like the rest of the bike for me and exceeded my expectations. It does definitely knock the wind down a bit and looks killer. I haven’t dove into dissembling it yet to confirm but it appears it’s rubber mounted so it “gives” a little when big gusts come up without pushing the bike or the bars around. Really quite impressed. 700 mile trip planned for tomorrow through Oklahoma and Arkansas so it’ll be put through the paces and really tested out.
Yeah, I read the install Instructions already and it seems to simply pop into 4 rubber grommets. Which doesn’t thrill me, but it is what it is. My old MS Cafe could be unclipped and removed w/o tools as well, so...

I just came back from a stupidly post happy hour ride, and while only at 650 miles, the bike/motor feels stronger and smoother every ride.

I f’n love this thing. Seriously.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mchad:
sbrooks64 (09-14-2019), Thingfish (09-14-2019), Windycityblues (09-13-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 07:13 PM
Mchad
Club Member

�� makes me feel kinda funny. Like when we used to climb the rope in gym class.
Also, remember break in - don’t just sit on the slab at steady RPMs, keep it moving around!

Old 09-13-2019, 07:19 PM
Windycityblues
Advanced
Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts

Also, remember break in - don’t just sit on the slab at steady RPMs, keep it moving around!
Yeah I plan on varying speeds on the way out and back. Once in Arkansas it all winding mountain roads. Gotta relearn just how far a HD will lean before hard parts start scraping

Old 09-13-2019, 10:37 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,923 Likes on 1,257 Posts

Question, is the rear shock length 12.6", is it the same shock as on the standard Low rider?
AND, Mchad, do you have a picture of your bike from the side, no angle? I'd like to see the length of the muffler in relation to the rear axle.

Old 09-14-2019, 03:05 AM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by OldMike
Question, is the rear shock length 12.6", is it the same shock as on the standard Low rider?
AND, Mchad, do you have a picture of your bike from the side, no angle? I'd like to see the length of the muffler in relation to the rear axle.
Crap. Someone else asked me to measure the shock length and I forgot about it. I will later.

Its definitely a different shock, as the Low Rider has a manual preload collar, while the S has a hydraulic adjuster.

Does this photo work for you?

The following users liked this post:
OldMike (09-14-2019)

Quick Reply: 2020 Low Rider S owners