2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Heritage bars and Wild 1 replacement

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 07:02 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Heritage bars and Wild 1 replacement

The stock bars on the FLHCS aren't "too" bad but I'm likely to need some change made. The issue is wanting to come back just a bit 1-2" is probably all needed and get a better grip angle. The wild one "chubby" bars I'm considering have either a 10" or 12.5" rise, 36-36.5" width, 10" pullback, and a grip angle of 42 degrees. Reference the grip angle. The way my hands grip the bar must of the pressure on the palm is close to the thumb, not spread across the heel of the palm. After a few hours it's somewhat uncomfortable. Having a grip that angled in a bit more would spread that pressure and increase comfort. Height of the bars is fine. I did loosen the clamp and rotated the stock bars back a bit which does bring them a bit closer. Not much ability too improve things that way.

Risers: A pull back riser could bring the bars back, bringing them back would change the way the hand grips the bar a bit but mot much.

With any change there is the potential that clutch, brake and wiring won't fit. From a cursory look the brake line looks like there is enough slack to move a few inches, clutch cable not very much and no idea about the wiring in the bars. So questions for those who know, how much back/up can the bars go without needing new cables/wiring? And what is the grip angle of the stock bars. HD doesn't seem to want to make that info readily available that I can find. Any replacement bar would have the curved shape used in stock bars, not the sharp angled type.