2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Lighting the rear turn signals as running lights.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 08:30 PM
mqo233
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lighting the rear turn signals as running lights.

on the 2019 Deluxe, the front turn signals are lite when the motorcycle is running, but the rear turn signals are not. What can I do to lite them?

Thanks for in advance.

James

Old 04-15-2019, 08:35 PM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 585 Likes on 365 Posts

Get a Custom Dynamics "Triple Play" module. It'll give you rear running lights and add stop light functions to your turn signals. Also several modes of flashing the lights when hitting the brakes. CD is a great company with great products. I replaced all my turn signals with their ProBeam LED's.

-jeff

Old 04-16-2019, 04:59 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,926 Likes on 1,259 Posts

Originally Posted by ole_phart
Get a Custom Dynamics "Triple Play" module. It'll give you rear running lights and add stop light functions to your turn signals. Also several modes of flashing the lights when hitting the brakes. CD is a great company with great products. I replaced all my turn signals with their ProBeam LED's.

-jeff
OK, I'll do it!

Old 04-16-2019, 06:39 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,538 Likes on 2,145 Posts

Yep. When I pick up mine I asked the parts counter about the R/B/T module they used to sell for the Dynas, but they told me it’s done by the digital tech now and no module is needed. So I had them do it. Unfortunately it is only brake/turn, no running. I was thinking about the CD module, but it looks like it draws power from the diag connector, which I use for my power vision to display gauges on my bars. So I have to see if they both work with the Y connector first. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Edit: Ok, maybe I was mistaken. Looks like it uses the P&A connector, not the diag connector. Honestly I didn’t know the Softails had both. Guess I don’t need the Y harness. I have to call CD to see if the brake/turn setting needs to be disabled on the BCM.

Last edited by Mchad; 04-16-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 07:36 AM
ole_phart
Road Master

Received 585 Likes on 365 Posts

Yep, it uses the P&A connector.

Old 04-16-2019, 09:37 AM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

IIRC, the rear turn signal connectors are 3 pins, but only 2 pins are used (at least on the FXLR). I meant to check to see if the 3rd pin was hot, but if it is, then you could just swap in some 3-wire signals like the fronts to get running lights.

Old 04-16-2019, 12:35 PM
runnhrd
Road Master
Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts

Harley makes a plug and play module all you have to due is pull up your seat and connect it inline with the existing wiring. Now some states may not allow it to be sold since some MVA say the turn signals must be more than so many inches away from the tail light before you can convert from yellow to red.

Old 04-16-2019, 01:12 PM
Mchad
Club Member

Originally Posted by runnhrd
Harley makes a plug and play module all you have to due is pull up your seat and connect it inline with the existing wiring. Now some states may not allow it to be sold since some MVA say the turn signals must be more than so many inches away from the tail light before you can convert from yellow to red.
This?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...11-6946206b--1

There is nothing in the P&A catalog for the 18+ softails. Unless you have a part number I haven't found?

Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ole_phart

-jeff
Thanks, Jeff!
You are correct, we do make a Triple Play for the 2019 Deluxe; you can find it at the link below.
https://www.customdynamics.com/2018-...rt-triple-play

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
Old 04-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Mchad
Club Member

When CD tech support told me I could install the Softail triple play to give me run brake turn functionality even though I had the dealer flash the BCM to provide brake/turn, I ordered it from J&P. The caveat is that I cant use the flash patterns until I have the dealer disable the BCM brake/turn function. But I don’t care, all I want is the standard R/B/T so I don’t care.

Should be here Friday.

Quick Reply: Lighting the rear turn signals as running lights.