2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2019, 09:11 PM
Ralibur
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

This is what my Sport Glide looks like with a Memphis Shades Gauntlet fairing that I modified the brackets to make it fit.

The following 5 users liked this post by Ralibur:
107" Vibrator (08-20-2019), Emdog (08-09-2021), nicxxa (12-15-2019), rauchman (02-12-2022), sbrooks64 (09-27-2019)
Old 08-11-2019, 02:15 PM
porkster
Club Member
Received 200 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by jtodd
Looks great. Would love to see a view from the front. What bars are those? Thanks
How you liking the Mustang seat?

Old 08-14-2019, 04:06 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jtodd
Looks great. Would love to see a view from the front. What bars are those? Thanks
Cheers mate, bars are from Harley, 12 inch, Fat Mini-Ape. https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...-ape-handlebar

Photo as requested.

The following users liked this post:
jtodd (08-26-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 04:07 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by porkster
How you liking the Mustang seat?
Love the mustang seats, have the pillion as well, had Mustang seats on my Nightrain too, never ever get a sore ****.

Old 08-14-2019, 04:14 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ralibur
Hello Aussie HD,

Your Sport Glide looks great, especially with the V&H Big Radius Pipes. I also have a Sport Glide but with an HD SE performance exhaust. Shortly I will be installing a SE torque cam and would like to buy the Big Radius pipes, but have not been able to talk to anybody who has them locally, so I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

Low end torque, did you perceive any loss with these pipes?

Sound, what baffles do you have in them and what do you think of their sound.

Drone effect, after an hour ride, does your head feel numb?

Thanks
Ted

Hi Ted

Here are my replies, sorry the lateness of my reply mate:

Low end torque, did you perceive any loss with these pipes? None whatsoever, in fact it's improved but I do have a stage two kit on the bike with the torque cams.

Sound, what baffles do you have in them and what do you think of their sound. Standard V&H baffles that came with the exhaust, sound is amazing, have about 2000k on the clock now but when I get to around 8-10k they will sound incredible. Had the same on my NIghtrain.

Drone effect, after an hour ride, does your head feel numb? No way, never, still can't get the stupid grin off my face, have just completed a 1300 kilometer ride over 3 days and loved every minute of that sound, particularly when over taking.

I will see if I can edit a video on the sound at idle and post for you. Hope my answers helped.

jtodd (08-26-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:38 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Hello Aussie HD,

Your Sport Glide looks great, especially with the V&H Big Radius Pipes. I also have a Sport Glide but with an HD SE performance exhaust. Shortly I will be installing a SE torque cam and would like to buy the Big Radius pipes, but have not been able to talk to anybody who has them locally, so I would like to ask you a couple of questions.

Low end torque, did you perceive any loss with these pipes?

Sound, what baffles do you have in them and what do you think of their sound.

Drone effect, after an hour ride, does your head feel numb?

Thanks
Ted

Here is a video of my bike at idle parked next to my sons stock standard Street Glide hire bike. You can still hear my bike in the background even when I have the phone up against his exhaust. His bike was running the entire time. So the V&H for me with the stage II are great.

Landshaper (09-28-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 09:37 AM
Ralibur
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Aussie HD
Hi Ted

Here are my replies, sorry the lateness of my reply mate:

Low end torque, did you perceive any loss with these pipes? None whatsoever, in fact it's improved but I do have a stage two kit on the bike with the torque cams.

Sound, what baffles do you have in them and what do you think of their sound. Standard V&H baffles that came with the exhaust, sound is amazing, have about 2000k on the clock now but when I get to around 8-10k they will sound incredible. Had the same on my NIghtrain.

Drone effect, after an hour ride, does your head feel numb? No way, never, still can't get the stupid grin off my face, have just completed a 1300 kilometer ride over 3 days and loved every minute of that sound, particularly when over taking.

I will see if I can edit a video on the sound at idle and post for you. Hope my answers helped.
Thanks Aussie HD, Pipes sound great. Will probably go that route when I install the SE 447 cam which I already purchased

Old 08-15-2019, 02:12 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Thanks Aussie HD, Pipes sound great. Will probably go that route when I install the SE 447 cam which I already purchased

No worries mate. Yes those are the cams I have.

Old 08-17-2019, 02:21 PM
rbouillion
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2018 with Memphis Batwing

The following 2 users liked this post by rbouillion:
107" Vibrator (08-20-2019), rauchman (02-12-2022)
Old 08-19-2019, 03:47 AM
Aussie HD
Tourer

Anyone know if you can get bigger panniers like the Road Glide to fit the current mounts?

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods