Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2020, 04:33 PM
RossW
Cruiser
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Huey.two
Hello,
forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place, I’m new . So many great mods to the Sport Glide in this thread!

Has anyone done or know of how to get mid controls from a different HD model on a Sport Glide? Any info at all would be helpful. I’ve searched but haven’t found much. I understand the factory exhaust won’t allow for mids, that’s all I’ve learned.

Thanks,
-h.t.
potentially a very big job. On mid control bikes, the gearshift linkage passes through the primary case so you'd need a new inner and outer primary.

There might be aftermarket alternatives that don't require this.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:17 PM
Huey.two
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RossW
potentially a very big job. On mid control bikes, the gearshift linkage passes through the primary case so you'd need a new inner and outer primary.

There might be aftermarket alternatives that don't require this.
Thank you. You’ve pointed me in the right direction. I searched for mid controls for enclosed primary and got a good look at some rather expensive options.

-h.t.

Old 07-21-2020, 08:54 PM
Moose328
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Been a while since I've posted regularly but I finally finished stage 1 last week, and I got some new vans grips on (helps a lot with vibration dampening). Very happy with the stage 1 done, power delivery is much smoother. Next I'll be putting some Rogue Rider Industries LED bulbs in my front turn signals and Custom Dynamics LEDs in the rear. I'm also going to look into what it would cost to have my fairing color matched (Tahitian Teal).

Old 07-23-2020, 02:49 PM
Dluxx73
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BuddyB
So got my bike back from the dealer after having them install the Custom Dynamics Front running/turn signal light relocation kit. I'm pretty pleased with them. Plus they cleaned up the bars.

Nice and clean.

The following users liked this post:
roofus (04-02-2021)
Old 07-23-2020, 04:09 PM
Dluxx73
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nelyon
Here's my overnight set up
How do you like the flip-up lip on the screen?

Old 07-24-2020, 02:34 PM
Pragmatic
Club Member
Received 1,274 Likes on 385 Posts

Originally Posted by Dluxx73
How do you like the flip-up lip on the screen?
It works great for me at my height 5' 8", there is a little helmet buffeting at high speed but not enough to blur my vision like I've experienced with other wind shields and bikes. It's definitely better than the useless stock screen

Old 07-24-2020, 04:36 PM
Daedalus1066
Cruiser
Received 55 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelyon
It works great for me at my height 5' 8", there is a little helmet buffeting at high speed but not enough to blur my vision like I've experienced with other wind shields and bikes. It's definitely better than the useless stock screen
You are lucky you are not 3 inches taller. When I am in a Full Face helmet, it is not bad, but I can not ride with the visor up. When I am in my half helmet, the buffeting can get so bad it tries to suck the helmet right off on my head.

Old 07-24-2020, 04:53 PM
VernDiesel
Road Captain
Received 332 Likes on 236 Posts

It comes to about the bottom of my chin so I easily look over but no problem with visor open or open face helmet. 15" vented dark smoke Gustafsson. With the vent you only get light buffeting from around the tank.

Old 07-26-2020, 12:17 AM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I am 5 foot eight and have a sundowner seat, and a Klockwerks 9 in shield. The 2 inch and 5 inch When my upper body it actually felt pretty good. But in function and I believe this young man that mean it does have the curb in win tunneled. Thank it’s just a little bit of air it’s not noisy really affect me much aware Shorty and a full face helmet and seem to be fine on either one very pleased with my purchase of this sweet shield! Ride hard or stay home 😎

Last edited by Truble; 07-26-2020 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-26-2020, 12:33 AM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Sweet ride wear Did you get those I love them. Could you get me a price on the front wheel and everything needed. I sure would appreciate ito

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods