2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 11:38 PM
Ralibur
Advanced
Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks guys, I appreciate that. This is my first Harley and its been fun modifying it to look the way I want, especially since I have done all the work on it myself. Let me tell you that the Woods 22X cam with the FM tune really woke up that motor. With the 2 into 1 Bassani long pipe there is no dip in perceived torque in the 1800 to 2200 RPM. It just pulls real hard.

Below is a picture are the PM contrast cut wheels I have on order. I should have them by end of August or early October. The front wheel and tire will be the stock size. The rear wheel will be a 200 mm x 50 on an 18 inch rim. I am also attaching a picture of a Breakout in Europe that started me thinking about these wheels.

The following 2 users liked this post by Ralibur:
mrcribbs (07-02-2020), Truble (07-26-2020)
Old 07-04-2020, 03:23 PM
IveAlreadyWon
1st Gear
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PTBadAss
I took my 2020 in the touring direction but I like your low profile look just as much. These things are so customizable.

That bike is sick. Love the hard bags.

The following users liked this post:
Torky_SOB (01-08-2022)
Old 07-04-2020, 10:10 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 660 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by Jan Rekers

You did a fantastic job on this bike my friend. If the Sport Glide came stock like this from the factory I would have bought one.

Old 07-07-2020, 12:46 PM
newcastle3
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default blackline console

Was anything special required to fit the blackline console, or did it bolt right on? I was looking to move my gauges as well and this gives the cleanest look.

Thanks

Originally Posted by Ralibur

HD 2019 low rider speedo and tach relocated to handle bars. Accutronics gauge bracket and Speed-King dual gauge setup with Guerilla wiring

HD blackline console

Old 07-07-2020, 01:45 PM
Ralibur
Advanced

Hello,

I sent you a reply via PM but it didn't look like it went through. So here is my response:

No it doesnt bolt right up. I had to make a triangular bracket (1/8 inch aluminum plate) that fits underneath the existing bracket on the tank. Its attached with machine screws and with 1/4 inch deep aluminum spacers to lower the bracket. From this triangular shape bracket there is a tongue that sticks out so that the center hole of the console can bolt to. I didnt take any pictures as I didnt think anybody would be asking. The console does take some grinding of the contour towards the seat for a better fit. All of that is covered by the rubber U shaped seal. It took some doing and thinking but I got it done. It was a PITA

Old 07-07-2020, 01:50 PM
newcastle3
Novice
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralibur
Hello,

I sent you a reply via PM but it didn't look like it went through. So here is my response:

No it doesnt bolt right up. I had to make a triangular bracket (1/8 inch aluminum plate) that fits underneath the existing bracket on the tank. Its attached with machine screws and with 1/4 inch deep aluminum spacers to lower the bracket. From this triangular shape bracket there is a tongue that sticks out so that the center hole of the console can bolt to. I didnt take any pictures as I didn’t t think anybody would be asking. The console does take some grinding of the contour towards the seat for a better fit. All of that is covered by the rubber U shaped seal. It took some doing and thinking but I got it done. It was a PITA
Thanks for the info, I appreciate the insight. I figured it may need to have a tab of some sort to bolt to.

I am definitely going to give this a try, the other options when moving the guage out of the dash just don’t look as nice as this.

Old 07-07-2020, 02:10 PM
Ralibur
Advanced

I did consider powder coating the existing chrome console black and having a round disk with a Harley logo machines as an inset. But this is the cleanest option in my opinion.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Sportglide18
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good morning,
Can you tell me how tall is the windscreen and how tall are you?
Does the windscreen deflect the wind completely for you?

Old 07-20-2020, 03:14 AM
PTBadAss
Intermediate
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Sportglide18
Good morning,
Can you tell me how tall is the windscreen and how tall are you?
Does the windscreen deflect the wind completely for you?
To whom are you asking this question?

Old 07-21-2020, 01:52 PM
Huey.two
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,
forgive me if I’m posting in the wrong place, I’m new . So many great mods to the Sport Glide in this thread!

Has anyone done or know of how to get mid controls from a different HD model on a Sport Glide? Any info at all would be helpful. I’ve searched but haven’t found much. I understand the factory exhaust won’t allow for mids, that’s all I’ve learned.

Thanks,
-h.t.

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods