2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 09:42 AM
VernDiesel
Road Captain
Received 332 Likes on 236 Posts

tanerck That Mustang seat looks sharp and comfortable. The passenger seat also looks like it would be comfortable for her. The flap is that for a slide in back rest?

Moose I love that teal its sharp classy and sets it apart. Real happy with my wicked red but I dig the teal well and your bars & engine guard think those are both mods I am going to do to mine next winter. Sort of blew my bike budget for this summer plus the pandemic thing isn't making anyone feel like spending large.

Old 03-31-2020, 06:57 PM
tanerck
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by VernDiesel
tanerck That Mustang seat looks sharp and comfortable. The passenger seat also looks like it would be comfortable for her. The flap is that for a slide in back rest?

Moose I love that teal its sharp classy and sets it apart. Real happy with my wicked red but I dig the teal well and your bars & engine guard think those are both mods I am going to do to mine next winter. Sort of blew my bike budget for this summer plus the pandemic thing isn't making anyone feel like spending large.

Yup.... The flap cover is for a slide in backrest. Very useful for long distance travelling.. I've changed many seats since I bought the sports glide and to date, I'm very satisfied with this. It's modular enough for you to install/remove the passenger seats in a jiff, slide in/out of the back rest in seconds. Most importantly, it's comfy.

The following users liked this post:
rauchman (08-19-2021)
Old 03-31-2020, 07:06 PM
tanerck
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

I had a 3rd party swingarm saddle bag but the bodyshell was kinda soft, so it deforms sometimes. Ended up, got the original HD swingarm bag and I think it's worth the money paid. Its double the price over the one I bought earlier but I think it's worth it IMHO. Internally, it has hard case plate installed inside the bag making it very rigid. I'd prefer to run around minimalist without the 2 luggage case. Only use it if I ever do longer trips. Other than that, the swing arm side bag is good enough to carry some essential items.

Belloc42 (03-31-2020)
Old 04-01-2020, 09:19 AM
VernDiesel
Road Captain
Received 332 Likes on 236 Posts

I have the same bag and am the same way. For local travel this often suffices well and for longer trips or when I need more storage on goes the saddle bags.

Old 04-02-2020, 07:57 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Received 281 Likes on 140 Posts

I really like the Sport Glide and enjoyed looking through the pics. I thought you would like to see pics of my buddies bike here in AZ. I probably won’t know intricate details but he has a Wedge fairing, HD lowers, Fat Boy floorboards and he lowered it with a shock/spring from a Lowrider.
https://wedgefairing.com/gallery/softail-sport-glide/

Old 04-02-2020, 08:05 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Pragmatic (04-02-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 09:10 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Originally Posted by azgrumbles
I really like the Sport Glide and enjoyed looking through the pics. I thought you would like to see pics of my buddies bike here in AZ. I probably won’t know intricate details but he has a Wedge fairing, HD lowers, Fat Boy floorboards and he lowered it with a shock/spring from a Lowrider.
https://wedgefairing.com/gallery/softail-sport-glide/

Your buddy is on this forum ...@fjoh

His Sport Glide is set up pretty sweet.

Last edited by HuntWhenever; 04-02-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Chillis (04-12-2020)
Old 04-02-2020, 09:13 PM
azgrumbles
Road Captain

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
You buddy is on this forum ...@fjoh

His Sport Glide is set up pretty sweet.
I thought that might be him but didn’t see his bike in this thread LOL

Chillis (04-12-2020)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:21 AM
Coach Wright
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front turn signals

Originally Posted by rbouillion
My 2018 with Memphis Batwing

Love the fairing! Wanting to do the same thing to mine. Any advice on how you went about relocating the front turn signals? Specific company sell the relocation kit, or did you find a local hardware store and make it work?

Old 04-04-2020, 04:34 PM
Coach Wright
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Size mm?

Originally Posted by BuddyB
So got my bike back from the dealer after having them install the Custom Dynamics Front running/turn signal light relocation kit. I'm pretty pleased with them. Plus they cleaned up the bars.

Looks great! What size mm is for the sport glide? 43mm is what I’ve seen but just wanted to make sure. Looking to relocate mine due to having the batwing fairing put on

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods