2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2020, 11:12 PM
Moose328
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by fatencio
Hi - New here and wanted to join the club. Its my first HD and im enjoying it so far.

Mods so far
-Biltwell 6inch risers
-BiltwellTracker high bars
-Saddlemen seat
-RWD fairing
-Stage 1 with SS mini teardrop and bassani 2to1.
-The Forge sissy bar

Next up
-Mid controls from FXB
-Engine guard
For this sissy bar, did you have any issue mounting it between the fender struts using the stock mounting hardware? Did you just take the bags off, unscrew the bolts, put the sissy bar in, and put the bolts back on? I know it sounds like a dumb question (I ask a lot of those), but I want to be sure that if I order it, it'll mount without issue or further modifications, since returning stuff form hawaii is a PITA...

Old 02-26-2020, 12:27 AM
BuddyB
Advanced
Received 50 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by jtodd
Sure.
Here is one example for 39mm fork tubes: https://jokermachine.com/products/du...-signals-black or https://jokermachine.com/products/re...-signals-black
heres another style: https://www.customdynamics.com/amber...namic-truwrapz

try a google search for 39mm fork mount led turn signal Harley
Thanks again jtodd. I’m going with those Custom Dynamics and having the HD dealer install them since I’m just not good with wiring.I’ll post a pic when it gets done next week.

Old 02-26-2020, 09:15 PM
Shane Walker
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

exact reason i brought the sport glide, 10k cheaper didnt hurt either.

Old 02-27-2020, 04:20 AM
jtodd
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by BuddyB
Thanks again jtodd. I’m going with those Custom Dynamics and having the HD dealer install them since I’m just not good with wiring.I’ll post a pic when it gets done next week.
Nice. Excited to see them!

Old 02-27-2020, 05:03 AM
tanerck
Advanced
Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Converted my sports glide foot peg to fatboy floor board. IMHO, if you don't go too high speed, the smaller foot peg works just fine. I had a hard time keeping my foot on the peg once I pass 160kmh (on the smaller foot peg)

Tried just now at 200kmh and it was much stable and you foot don't go flying all over the place 😄

Old 02-27-2020, 11:50 AM
Rorin67
Cruiser
Received 83 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by tanerck
Tried just now at 200kmh and it was much stable and you foot don't go flying all over the place 😄
Looks great. Too bad I'll never see those speeds on our crammed LA freeways. 130 kmh is about it if we're lucky, especially with the CHP lurking around.

Old 02-29-2020, 04:58 PM
Poppa Smurf
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi
I am looking at buying a new Sportglide down here in New Zealand, I see you mentioned that the seat was comfy for your lady and was wondering how it handles two up? I am 5ft 8in and my girl is 5ft 10in. I am trying to compare with a Street Glide.

Old 03-02-2020, 09:21 AM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by tanerck
Converted my sports glide foot peg to fatboy floor board. IMHO, if you don't go too high speed, the smaller foot peg works just fine. I had a hard time keeping my foot on the peg once I pass 160kmh (on the smaller foot peg)

Rarely go over 140kph, but even over 110 I found the same to be true. Pegs were fine around town, but tiring on the freeway. Footboards made a tremendous difference - crotch doesn't tire from holding knees in against the wind, feet stay on the boards, and you can move your feet around quite a bit so you don't get stiff. I'd never had boards on anything before (never had a cruiser), but in this seating position they're a natural choice.

Old 03-02-2020, 11:40 AM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Poppa Smurf
Hi
I am looking at buying a new Sportglide down here in New Zealand, I see you mentioned that the seat was comfy for your lady and was wondering how it handles two up? I am 5ft 8in and my girl is 5ft 10in. I am trying to compare with a Street Glide.
I'm not sure who you were addressing here, but regarding the seat: I found the pilot seat to be ok, but the pillion was bad for my wife in two ways. First, it was pretty narrow. She's maybe 5'4", 120 lbs, so not too big, but it was still uncomfortable for her in less than an hour. Second, and more importantly, the slope down made her cling to me for dear life. She rode home on back the day I bought it, and I thought she was exaggerating the effect of the slope till I tried sitting on it myself. You slide right off. I bought a sissy bar the next day. Still replaced the seat with a Corbin though, and it's excellent.

Old 03-02-2020, 10:33 PM
Moose328
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Installed my new slipstreamer 12” windshield in dark smoke. They’ve changed the shape of them and flow with the shape of the stock fairing much better, in my opinion. Still waiting on new bars.

The following 3 users liked this post by Moose328:
HuntWhenever (03-02-2020), rauchman (02-12-2022), VernDiesel (03-03-2020)

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods