2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Sport Glide mods

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2019, 10:50 AM
eamerritt13
6th Gear
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks - nice choice. Yours look great. I have about the same 8 inch floorboards from Kuryakyn, but in chrome and black rubber. Trying to get them dialed in so that my right foot is a bit more comfortable and doesn't interfere with the non-adjustable brake pedal. As you wrote, there are many positions available for fitting. The trade offs seem to be limited by the eight inch size and wanting to get my entire foot on the floorboard (size 10 boots) and angle. Would be great if H-D would come out with full-sized floorboards for the Sport Glide.

The following users liked this post:
Moose328 (12-15-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 10:52 AM
Moose328
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by eamerritt13
Thanks - nice choice. Yours look great. I have about the same 8 inch floorboards from Kuryakyn, but in chrome and black rubber. Trying to get them dialed in so that my right foot is a bit more comfortable and doesn't interfere with the non-adjustable brake pedal. As you wrote, there are many positions available for fitting. The trade offs seem to be limited by the eight inch size and wanting to get my entire foot on the floorboard (size 10 boots) and angle. Would be great if H-D would come out with full-sized floorboards for the Sport Glide.
I’ve seen others post on here about getting mounts from either a heritage or a fat boy and using those floor boards? I think DK Custom also makes a plug and play set in the half moon shape where you don’t have to replace the mounts.

DK Custom (12-18-2019)
Old 12-15-2019, 11:29 AM
nicxxa
Stage II
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2 cents

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
Awesome bike. I do wonder, and mean absolutely no offense, but why not just buy a street glide?
As a current owner of both a fltrxs and an flsb I would add:
The handling on the sport glide is great, it is nimble, agile, forgiving and sporty more so than the street glide.
You essentially have two bikes in one and it looks great in both configurations.
The power to weight ratio is very good. With a little tweaking it is even better.
It is significantly less expensive than the street glide.

Don’t get me wrong the street glide is a great bike but the sport glide has a lot going for it. I rode the street glide special with the 114 and it is awesome for the highway and long trips but riding around town I like my flsb.

The following 3 users liked this post by nicxxa:
HuntWhenever (12-15-2019), Moose328 (12-15-2019), pjbuilder (12-18-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 01:54 PM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Moose328
I’ve seen others post on here about getting mounts from either a heritage or a fat boy and using those floor boards? I think DK Custom also makes a plug and play set in the half moon shape where you don’t have to replace the mounts.
Here's the thread discussing footboards for the Sport Glide. On the 4th page, I gave a parts list for using the Fat Boy brackets and Heritage boards. I ordered the Heritage brackets first and they don't give enough clearance for the board on the right, so be sure to get the Fat Boy brackets. You can use whatever boards you like, of course. Can't speak for any of the other options (there are lots), but I love these things, mainly for extended highway riding, where the wind is always pushing your feet off the pegs. Helps to be able to move your feet fore and aft too.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...t-glide-4.html

The following 3 users liked this post by Belloc42:
eamerritt13 (12-18-2019), HuntWhenever (12-16-2019), norton74 (12-17-2019)
Old 12-17-2019, 04:17 PM
watch boy
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Stunning job

Originally Posted by Landshaper
Hey all,

I have spent many days and hours researching upgrades I’ve installed and plan on installing.
everything I’ve put on my bike has been very satisfying in many positive ways. I can honestly say I’ve realized only 2 minor wtf’s. More on that later.
current upgrades:
led front drivers/blinkers lights(bright white until turning then bright amber)
4” pull back handlebar risers
zombie levers
kuryaken grips
7” Slipstreamer smoked windshield
kuryaken driver and passenger mini foot boards
kuryaken shifter
rinehart 4” slip on exhaust
s&s hiflow filter and slotted cover
vance n Hines fuelpak tuner
sundowner seat for me lady
hold fast sissy bar and large back pad
wiring harness for heated gear
rok form cell phone mount

my new shield puts a bit of buffeting at my brow when 55-65mph(oh well)
my kuryaken switchblade rider foot boards are cool but I cannot reach the extendable arm feature(I guess I am short, oh well)

future:
s&s 124 engine upgrade
maybe a removable clip on shield extender for multiple day touring
not sure but maybe complete header and dual exhaust upgrade for two reasons. Will give more performance and lean angle to the right with a good set up and factory peg reinstall.
i think that’s it for now.
Oh, in 3-4 years I’ll probably get me a street glide when I decide to slow it down and stop and smell the pastures!
Your thoughts??

Like what you have done could I ask the screen model number as I want to look into this brand.
cheers

GPHDXLC (04-03-2021)
Old 12-17-2019, 07:14 PM
felix27
Tourer
Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Nice look. I tried the Rienharts but they were too loud for me but worst is a stranger sound I noticed with the bags on. No quiet baffle options from Rinehart. Looking into TAB since the have 3 different baffle options.

Old 12-17-2019, 10:39 PM
watch boy
Intermediate
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Like the smoked screen

Originally Posted by Ares11
Looks good. Pretty much the exact mods I'm considering. I literally have the rinehart slip on coming in tommorrow. I am considering the 4in risers and have been shopping around for seats. How's the sundowner? I keep reading around that it doesn't fit the bike very well. And did you end up relocating the clutch cable with the risers?
what model is the screen

Old 12-18-2019, 02:30 AM
jtodd
Tourer
Received 178 Likes on 147 Posts

@watch boy he mentioned slipstreamer. While they don’t do a 7”, it looks a lot like their T-239-8. It’s 8”, but maybe he misremembered by an inch.
@felix27 I have the Tab. I like the look (uses original heat shield) and sound. I have the zombie baffles, so their loudest. Even if you want quieter, I can say they’re well made, sound good and the company was good to work with.
@Landshaper which led lights did you get? I assume there was some electrical rework, since they are also DRLs when not signaling?

Last edited by jtodd; 12-18-2019 at 03:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:07 AM
ender71
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whose floorboards are those?
They look great. Did you have to do much modifying to get them on?
they're kuryakyn hex floorboard. There's a specific splined adapeter to mount for m8 softail and then you can mount every kuryakyn boards or pegs

Old 12-18-2019, 10:17 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,440 Posts

We have full size floorboards that will fit the Sport Glide and play nice with the brake pedal.

EZ to install also. Use the M8 Softail Footpeg Adapters seen HERE

Then get either the full size chrome or black floorboard seen HERE
The floorboards are adjustable forward and rearward, as well as laterally. Better lean angle than the OEM pegs.

Gostrydr (08-19-2020)

Quick Reply: Sport Glide mods