2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Seats for Sport Glide

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 04:09 AM
sportglide
Cruiser
Received 80 Likes on 45 Posts

I like it - it looks really good on the bike - yep we gotta take em out. 3/7 weekend depending on temps?

Old 03-07-2019, 08:52 PM
Cage Free
Tourer
Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

Thanks, Roll! I'd looked at the Renegade before but it looks so skinny on Saddlemen's website I was hesitant. Looks like what I'm looking for on your bike.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:54 AM
robnrbrtsn
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Short seat

I have the opposite problem, with a 28" inseam, I need a reach seat. The H-D 2-up reach helped my feet and hands to where I don't think I'll need a change to the stock bars, and my daughter says it's nicer than the back of her dad's Roadster. Can't wait to pick it up next month!

Old 03-25-2019, 10:56 PM
Islandsoftail
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Belloc42
You know, this is really true. I've never customized a bike to the degree that I'm customizing this one, even one that I rode for 8 years, and it's not because it needs it more. That bike I had for 8 years had several things that I didn't like, but just lived with. Part of it may be that I owned that bike before the internet made it so easy to track stuff down. I certainly still don't have bags of cash lying around, so that's not it. Maybe it's the huge Harley aftermarket, and there's something new every day. I really didn't intend to make any mods at all - I was really pleased with the bike right off the floor, and still am. I guess I'm feeling the effect of the legendary HD modding addiction, but the first step in breaking free is realizing you have a problem - I need to buy less, and ride more.
well said, and very true!

Old 03-26-2019, 09:38 AM
AJ88V
Road Master
Received 296 Likes on 214 Posts

Chiming in here since the Low Rider and Sport Glide share seats.....

Anybody look at the Harley offerings?

I'm thinking about the Tall Boy seat. I puts you further back and further up. That might get me out of the 'knees up' position of the Low Rider and let me lean a bit forward to put some weight on my thighs instead of my tailbone. I'm short, but am used to sportbikes and a taller seat would not be a problem. Also looks to have a better seat for a passenger than the stock seat (which does look nice to me).

The Reach seat goes in the opposite direction. If you're short and like the cruiser position, this might be a good choice.

And lastly there's a touring seat, Sundowner(?), that looks to cup your butt more and has a big comfy passenger seat.

Just mentioning these to see what folks might have for feedback. Plus they're actually pretty inexpensive compared to the aftermarket offerings. (ain't that a switch from Harley's usual pricing strategy!)

Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Belloc42
Tourer
Received 83 Likes on 57 Posts

They're having this conversation right now over here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-...glides-37.html

Old 03-31-2019, 08:04 AM
Payson
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by AJ88V
Chiming in here since the Low Rider and Sport Glide share seats.....

Anybody look at the Harley offerings?

I'm thinking about the Tall Boy seat. I puts you further back and further up. That might get me out of the 'knees up' position of the Low Rider and let me lean a bit forward to put some weight on my thighs instead of my tailbone. I'm short, but am used to sportbikes and a taller seat would not be a problem. Also looks to have a better seat for a passenger than the stock seat (which does look nice to me).
I can't help on the 18s, but on a 15, the Tall Boy did exactly what you are describing. It is like being on a totally different bike. Much much better and as you mentioned, the price is right. Wife says it is more comfortable than prior seat. Only downside, it is big and not the best looking. Definitely a function over form deal. Best $300.00 I have spent on the bike.

Old 04-02-2019, 04:50 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

Picked up a Sundowner today on the way home. It moved me just a tad forward...which was nice. There is "less" saddle between my thighs...which is also nice. The stock saddle was too wide for my legs. I will report back after Mrs. HuntWhenever has had a chance to test ride.

The following 2 users liked this post by HuntWhenever:
rauchman (01-29-2022), sportglide (04-19-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 04:58 PM
HuntWhenever
Road Warrior
Received 862 Likes on 466 Posts

One additional observation on the Sundowner for the Sport Glide...the access to the side case latches gets a little tighter. I used to access the latch from the front or back of the case. Now I can only access from the reward side of the cases. No big deal to me, but worth mentioning.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-19-2019)
Old 04-02-2019, 06:33 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,917 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Picked up a Sundowner today on the way home. It moved me just a tad forward...which was nice. There is "less" saddle between my thighs...which is also nice. The stock saddle was too wide for my legs. I will report back after Mrs. HuntWhenever has had a chance to test ride.

This looks like a very comfortable seat.

The following users liked this post:
sportglide (04-19-2019)

Quick Reply: Seats for Sport Glide