2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 09:03 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

Originally Posted by slee93
enjoying my RWD. I wouldn’t say fox and legend are the best riding until you try everything……
You're not wrong, but I have yet to really hear someone compare the RWD versus the others, but if Kruesi Originals felt the FOX was the best at the time when they decided to build their race bike, and didn't go with another monoshock that was better, I'm not sure RWD is going to be better than the FOX or Legends.
They tried a ton of stuff on the rear of their race bike, and they have a bunch of people riding harleys at their shop.
They ended up building their own rear suspension setup to be able to outperform the monoshock and get what they were after. Of all of that **** that they tried and tested and got hands on with, FOX was the one monoshock that Ryan said was pretty good before they tested the Legends. Which coincides with Hulkss's swap from Ohlins to FOX.
I'm not saying their word is god, but they're a data point with a super fast harley(they took 2nd place to an Indian with a pro rider, but was the fastest Harley on the track) and several riders who dont have a filter about the parts the use.
And then riding with that shock in my bike now, I can see what Ryan was saying about it not having that shock to the spine problem like the other shocks.

That being said... I would LOVE to test ride all these shocks on my bike and get a really educated opinion.
Sponsors anyone? I Do have a youtube channel... lol.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:28 PM
Gripfxbbs
Cruiser
Received 147 Likes on 71 Posts

What is your youtube channel? Anything on it?

Old 04-03-2023, 10:35 PM
Rounders
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,271 Likes on 1,800 Posts

I am glad you specified 18+. I don't want to drag this into POD, so I won't say why.

Old 04-03-2023, 10:40 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Gripfxbbs
What is your youtube channel? Anything on it?
Not much yet. It's mostly just me uploading clips here and there. I will be uploading videos of installing stuff on the bike and reviews, but I'll still be uploading the random clips and video stuff I make that's not related to motorcycles.
https://youtube.com/franbunnyffxii
The biggest problem I have though is that I got really bad depression, and that's a real kick in the *** to motivation.
I've filmed a TON of stuff and have it archived, including the crash I had on my bike. But been hard to dig up the motivation to edit anything.

The following users liked this post:
NZLowrider (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 08:01 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Looking out my window, I do believe it’s time to ride!!

Old 04-04-2023, 08:37 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man

Pretty view. I wonder how many people have no idea what you're implying with that pic?

The following 2 users liked this post by snake_eyes:
Durham man (04-04-2023), wjcbsr (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 09:01 AM
Stretchman
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts
Default FXR division engine guards installed.

But no time to ride. I also installed the 9 inch bds screen on the road warrior fairing. Supposed to be better for those of us over 6 ft tall.

Hopefully I'll be able to get it out for a road test tonight. I'll let you know if the shorter screen is really the way to go.

Old 04-04-2023, 09:40 AM
cwsharp
Stellar HDF Member
Received 152 Likes on 112 Posts

I ran across a windshield that looks just like the one that was on mh RK that would work as well as my RK I would think but you have to remove the fairing if you have one. My bike has inverted front shocks... so that was a problem until I found this one... you just need to look for one that the braced windshield like a standard Road King so that you can get one that is wide enough and tall enough...

On my Sportglide I gave up and got some custom earplugs and a full face helmet along with a Slipstreamer... 13" but I wanted to keep my fairing.

Old 04-04-2023, 12:27 PM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 552 Likes on 350 Posts

Originally Posted by Durham man

Oh I know exactly what you mean! Either you posted this before or I've just had the wierdest deja vu. They definitely do NOT do this around here. Wish they did. There is so much gravel on the road at intersections it's just stressful. Unfortunately it is not just springtime, it seems to remain all year. Living in the northeast I would love, for once, to be able to take a turn at more than just 2 mph. But I just can't. Don't get me started on the as**oles who throw the grass into the road.

Anyway carry on!

Enjoy your riding season everyone!

The following users liked this post:
Durham man (04-05-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 07:17 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Got out and installed the Magnum Shielding Cherry Red spark plug wires, and the 120th Anniversary Trim on Rayearth.
A little disappointed at how the clear outter sheathing makes them look brighter red than they really are. But it does look more industrial, instead of floppy looking generic black plug wires.
I'm not entirely sure ill keep the Trim on the bike, I might like the Live To Ride timing cover better, and I'm more than likely gonna be swapping to an S&S Air Stinger later this year. But it looks pretty good now, and I can always keep them on hand for later.

The following 3 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
NZLowrider (04-04-2023), Old New Rider (04-04-2023), Urban Gorilla (04-05-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?