2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 07:06 PM
Doublefelix
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
It's not done yet. I got a fair bit to go. Empire heated Grips, Willie G floorboard inserts, Gold flake recolor on the battery boxes, front and rear suspension, and some other stuff.

I very much disagree on the sissy bar. I absolutely love it plus it's more functional than you'd think.
I had the HD tall one that came with the bike. It wasn't tall enough to secure the bags I wanted to use with it.
This one is tall enough, and it's mid plate has those Fat Boy Bullet Holes in it.

If I could mount the same style one but inbetween the fender and the struts I would, but I'd have to have a detatchable luggage rack for that.
I liked this sissy bar enough that I bought two of them, and swapped the luggage rack to the back of the 2nd one, so I could swap between the 2 for stripped style or touring.

For me, I agree with Indian Larry, a classic style bike just isn't complete without a Tall sissy bar.
No way It's ever coming off. Far too functional, and befitting the style of the bike I'm working with.

I like that sissy bar. I have been checking that seller's store and it seems to sell out fast. If one puts on apes, the sister bar better be tall or it looks like poop.

Old 01-08-2023, 07:17 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,188 Likes on 560 Posts

definitely, what purpose does a short sissy bar serve?

The following users liked this post:
RGS88 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-09-2023, 12:42 AM
HarleyDEU
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by boblesk
Added a Hammock Seat thanks to a member ITOLDU on the forum to my 2022 Fat Boy and my backside is very happy
Cannot decide between the hammock, sundowner or tallboy with 6.3. Did the hammock only raise you up or also back or forwards? Any recommendations will help. Thanks.

Old 01-09-2023, 01:17 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Not a fan of tall sissy bars on the low rider s. As far as purpose, it keeps my wife’s *** from sliding off during heavy acceleration. I can tie plenty of stuff to it.

My wide glide had the tall sissy bar.
Originally Posted by Glenn Gorman

definitely, what purpose does a short sissy bar serve?
to me I think the tall sissy bar looks good on choppers. But I think the fat boy pulls it off just fine.

Last edited by Durham man; 01-09-2023 at 01:18 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 01:47 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,021 Posts

My fxr had a great looking sissy bar!

Old 01-11-2023, 09:32 PM
gthmnyt2580
Cruiser
Received 117 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Added more to my "Bat-bike"

Been adding a few things over the last few months:
- Arlen Ness Stage 1 Big Sucker Air Cleaner kit
- V&H FP4 Tuner
- Leather Pros detachable bags
- Custom Dynamics TruFlex light as an extra brake light on the back fender (not pictured)
- MoonsMC Dual Amber lights rigged up as auxiliary lights to my crash bar
- Kuryakyn Phantom footboards, shifter peg, and matching mirrors to get more of that "Batman-esque" look on the bike overall
- HD Defiance Brake pedal pad. Unfortunately Kuryakyn didn't make the brake pedal pad for the FLSL for some reason

WellAimedRound (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 01:24 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

What did I do today. First I looked at my Fatboy. Took the seat off to measure the oem battery, I want to swap it for a Lithium, but don't want to pay the Harley tax. I had one in the 18' SGS, but took it out when I sold it. Unfortunately it's a little to big for my 18' Fatboy. I also received the new ST2 Brake module that the manufacturer sent me on account the first one didn't work correctly.

Old 01-12-2023, 02:38 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

What did I do today. First I looked at my Fatboy. Took the seat off to measure the oem battery, I want to swap it for a Lithium, but don't want to pay the Harley tax. I had one in the 18' SGS, but took it out when I sold it. Unfortunately it's a little to big for my 18' Fatboy. I also received the new ST2 Brake module that the manufacturer sent me on account the first one didn't work correctly.
This might be what you're looking for
Amazon Amazon

Old 01-12-2023, 03:55 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

I looked at that one before, but I thought that the measurements were too big for the Fatboy.

If I'm wrong, let me know.

Old 01-12-2023, 04:14 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

I looked at that one before, but I thought that the measurements were too big for the Fatboy.

If I'm wrong, let me know.
That specific one is sized right. 20L Designation form factor.
It's polarity is oriented correctly as well. Positive on the right, Negative on the Left.
https://no.co/media/nocodownloads/fo...09.30.21_2.pdf
You will probably have to use a couple of the included spacers to raise it up a bit.
I've had my eyes on this battery for quite sometime, and am not sure I should buy it or not considering how tiny I am.
But for someone above 160lbs. It's probably a great deal to drop 12lbs off your bike.

Glenn Gorman (01-14-2023)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?