2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 01:26 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
New years eve I went out and gave my bike's paint, exhaust, and primary a nice good wipe down with 10% Waterless Bike Wash+90% Water spray mixture.
Flashed the results of the 14th autotune session to the bike and turned AT off.

Went out today and discovered bike does 80 to 120 in 10.460 seconds now. Saw a Ferrari too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctBSWUTT0OU
Out of curiosity, can't those videos you post be used against you by law enforcement?

Old 01-03-2023, 02:18 PM
RGS88
Road Warrior
Received 1,992 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
Out of curiosity, can't those videos you post be used against you by law enforcement?
Only for that specific action.

We (law enforcement) would need to know and prove the following:

1. Location and approximate time (for jurisdiction and charging reasons)
2. Who was operating the bike at the time of the incident
3. Verify that the activity in the video is an accurate and real representation of what happened.

I've had many people send me videos at work of cars doing illegal stuff, but almost none of it is actionable unless I have the above information. Unless there's a criminal element it's probably not worth the squeeze so to speak, or unless there's a way to charge the owner of the vehicle (Owner's Liability statutes) this probably doesn't result in anything.

The following 2 users liked this post by RGS88:
snake_eyes (01-03-2023), WellAimedRound (01-04-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 02:49 PM
CB5150
Road Master

Received 134 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by RGS88
Only for that specific action.

We (law enforcement) would need to know and prove the following:

1. Location and approximate time (for jurisdiction and charging reasons)
2. Who was operating the bike at the time of the incident
3. Verify that the activity in the video is an accurate and real representation of what happened.

I've had many people send me videos at work of cars doing illegal stuff, but almost none of it is actionable unless I have the above information. Unless there's a criminal element it's probably not worth the squeeze so to speak, or unless there's a way to charge the owner of the vehicle (Owner's Liability statutes) this probably doesn't result in anything.
Additionally, I can think of about a hundred things that cops oughta be doing…and would probably RATHER be doing…than reviewing videos of speeders so they can send them a ticket.

The following users liked this post:
FranBunnyFFXII (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 03:11 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

Good luck finding my ****in license plate.
Basically because I've been diligent about hiding the plate, there isn't much they can do to pin it on me. My boyfriend could have been the rider, who knows.
Also who knows if I already got a ticket or not? They'd need to figure out a lot of stuff and waste time to make a case to go after a gal who was going the speed limit then hit the gas to dodge a few cars and went right back to the HOV lane.

Last edited by FranBunnyFFXII; 01-03-2023 at 03:14 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
CB5150 (01-03-2023), willcasp (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 04:20 PM
Calif Fat Bob
Road Warrior
Received 1,844 Likes on 957 Posts

I would think Law Enforcement would need to be there to write a ticket. I mean for all we know Franbunnies Speedo is way way off and she was only doing 55 mph.

Old 01-03-2023, 05:08 PM
RichM752
Road Master
Received 384 Likes on 220 Posts

I like to ride hard. But not when so many cages are present. You can never predict what those people will do.

Old 01-03-2023, 06:48 PM
RGS88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CB5150
Additionally, I can think of about a hundred things that cops oughta be doing…and would probably RATHER be doing…than reviewing videos of speeders so they can send them a ticket.
Precisely. Some small town coppers might enjoy such endeavors, but if nobody got hurt this would be basically at the bottom of my pile of incidents to follow up on.

Originally Posted by Calif Fat Bob
I would think Law Enforcement would need to be there to write a ticket. I mean for all we know Franbunnies Speedo is way way off and she was only doing 55 mph.
For many things, yes, but there are cases/incidents where video alone can suffice. Things like crashes caught on video can be charged after the fact if the video/statements provide enough evidence of the crime. Victim of a hit and run crash had a dashcam which clearly showed the suspect vehicle, plate, and driver. Victim had a green arrow, guy in his truck had the red and blew it, smoking the victim. Ran the plate through DOT, clearly was the driver from the video, so I mailed him his H&R crash citation with a mandatory criminal court date. He tried to fight it, but lost.

Old 01-04-2023, 09:10 AM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

The reason I asked is I had seen a news story a while back where some moron kids recorded their Hellcat doing 200+ (or something) and they were charged after the fact. I think it was down in GA?

No judgement on speeding, I'm just as guilty...and riding aggressively at times. I just don't get the 21st century preoccupation with wanting to photograph/record and advertise yourself doing dumb ****. That includes pictures of your dinner before you eat it, your erection, or the dump you took this morning. I guess that makes me sound like an old coot, but I am a proud Gen Xer, so you know.

Edit: found it North Carolina police arrest 198 mph 'Hellcat' speeder seen in Facebook video | Fox News

Last edited by snake_eyes; 01-04-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2023, 05:54 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

I installed a Galfer USA Wave 11.8inch Rotor installed today Gold Carrier, Red Buttons. With Galfer HH Sintered Brake Pads.
I need to wash those wheels pretty bad. It was a real pain in the *** getting the new brake pads in.
@fuelmoto So glad you guys had this in stock, this looks pretty epic.

The following 4 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
Glenn Gorman (01-04-2023), murphc13 (01-04-2023), RichM752 (01-04-2023), WellAimedRound (01-08-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 07:30 PM
RGS88
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
I installed a Galfer USA Wave 11.8inch Rotor installed today Gold Carrier, Red Buttons. With Galfer HH Sintered Brake Pads.
I need to wash those wheels pretty bad. It was a real pain in the *** getting the new brake pads in.
@fuelmoto So glad you guys had this in stock, this looks pretty epic.
Have you noticed any difference in performance or feel? I know switching to Galfers on my track bike a couple years ago made a huge difference compared to stock. If they improved brake feel, performance, or made a difference in handling (less rotational mass) they could very well end up on my to-do list in the near future.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?