2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 12:28 PM
snake_eyes
Club Member
Received 1,237 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Yeap, that's why instructions would have been nice. That crap happens? "use anti size" Or at least "This is how the pegs go into the hole."
I didn't even notice the hex sides when I went to install the pegs.

Actually the only instruction that came on the hardware was a sticker saying "Use blue Loctite on all hardware"
I was filming the install so I was installing it once so I could do it without the license plate so I could show it off to the viewers.
Then I was going to cut the camera and install it for real.
Obviously neither happened.
I've never done business with them, maybe they'll give you some new hardware?

Old 06-22-2022, 12:56 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,916 Likes on 1,579 Posts

Originally Posted by snake_eyes
I've never done business with them, maybe they'll give you some new hardware?
I bought it on revzilla, seems they'll be doing a return for me.
I'll look elsewhere for a plate cover that looks nice for my bike.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:37 PM
YHNYDad
Cruiser
Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Installed Kuryakyn Reflective Smoke Shields on my FLFBS. Bought it and forgot I had the Oil Pressure gauge there…but tried it on and was OK with it…doesn’t really affect reading it, so they are staying on. 😁 Installed Hex ezCan Harley Davidson accessory manager for HDs. Plugs into CanBus. Pretty cool can control Lights, Horns and Accessories and all accessible with the handlebar controls already on the bike. Installed the new Quad Lock wire attached it to the ezCan so have it in On mode. And while I was there with the seat off, installed the Noco GBC007 Jump start wire that works with my GB40 Boost jump starter that I use in my car as well. Ran it to where the tender wire on the bike goes…so both connectors are together. (That’s my Insta360 One RS on my helmet with a chin mount from chinmount dot com. Got the RS package with the 4K and 360 camera modules.)

The following 2 users liked this post by YHNYDad:
betho61 (06-24-2022), Rabianegra (06-25-2022)
Old 06-23-2022, 04:06 PM
pjbuilder
Cruiser
Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by beverage
Removed my Road Thunder speaker
Would mind telling me why you decided to remove your speaker?

I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my sport glide to use on the rare days I don't wear my helmet.
Thanks

Old 06-23-2022, 04:11 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by pjbuilder
I've been toying with the idea of getting one for my sport glide to use on the rare days I don't wear my helmet.
Thanks
Not them but wired earbuds or JBL speakers inside your helmet is gonna be better than any sound bar or infotainment speaker setup.
Just by pure fact that you're not going through 3~4 feet of air space thats rushing by at speed.
I wear a set of 10dollar or 16$ earbuds on long rides where I want music or directions and just plug it into my phone.
Easy, cheap, better than bike speakers.

Old 06-23-2022, 09:16 PM
pjbuilder
Cruiser
Received 99 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Not them but wired earbuds or JBL speakers inside your helmet is gonna be better than any sound bar or infotainment speaker setup.
Just by pure fact that you're not going through 3~4 feet of air space thats rushing by at speed.
I wear a set of 10dollar or 16$ earbuds on long rides where I want music or directions and just plug it into my phone.
Easy, cheap, better than bike speakers.
I completely agree, I've been using Cardo with JBL for the last 5 years in GT Air and most of the time I'm fine with that.

But, there are some days I want to lose the helmet and still would like some music.

If cop sees you here with earbuds, obviously without helmet, they will pull you over.

Old 06-24-2022, 05:11 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,219 Posts

If cop sees you here with earbuds, obviously without helmet, they will pull you over.
Really? Why?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:39 AM
slw210
Road Warrior

Received 901 Likes on 575 Posts

I completely agree, I've been using Cardo with JBL for the last 5 years in GT Air and most of the time I'm fine with that.

But, there are some days I want to lose the helmet and still would like some music.

As best I can tell for Illinois, one ear bud is legal. Ironically, it seams helmeted communications systems are legal there, but, it only states for communications, music could be a gray area if something happened and they determined you had music playing.

I am getting used to riding most of the time with my Full Face, just because I have the video camera and blue tooth music communications. I have a single wired earbud somewhere, iPhone now uses the charge port for a headphone connection and it has the standard small headphone connection. I am thinking about a wireless ear bud for the 1/2 helmet, but so far the FF is fine.

2 ear buds are illegal in Florida as well, but I haven't heard of anyone getting pulled over for it. They don't even pull over texters here and turn signals are optional equipment.

Old 06-24-2022, 08:03 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,879 Likes on 1,219 Posts

Somebody needs to invent ear BUDS that look like ear PLUGS.

Old 06-24-2022, 09:39 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by tmac00333
Somebody needs to invent ear BUDS that look like ear PLUGS.
They have them: https://www.plugfones.com/product-ca...red-plugfones/

The following users liked this post:
tmac00333 (06-24-2022)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?