2018+ Softail Models Breakout

What did you do to your 18+ softail today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2020, 08:56 AM
Sinbad/321
Advanced
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by yobtaf103
Like it Sinbad, just coming off lowered stance/Knuckle bars TC softail, got a 20 Heritage on order, H'mm be tallest bars i've ever had.

Do those bars come with TBW cut outs ?
YES....they do.

Old 02-02-2020, 08:58 AM
Sinbad/321
Advanced

Originally Posted by Superdog3:16
Sinbad running baffles?

No. So far I am happy how they sound.

Old 02-02-2020, 09:00 AM
gtt
Intermediate
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Added a couple more chrome bits - fork nut covers, bolts for the control housings that absolutely should have come with the housings given what I paid for them, and covers for the riser bolts. Also replaced stock seat with Saddlemen Renegade LS solo. Time to put a few miles on it to see if it's an improvement.

The following 3 users liked this post by gtt:
Black-&-Blue Annie (02-04-2020), paulmj (02-02-2020), Rorin67 (02-05-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 05:20 PM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Rode it. What a beautiful day.

The following 5 users liked this post by frontiercat:
Bowhunter8607 (02-04-2020), Dan D. (02-02-2020), Moose328 (02-02-2020), OldMike (02-02-2020), Superdog3:16 (02-16-2020)
Old 02-04-2020, 09:34 AM
gtt
Intermediate
Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Sinbad/321
Not exactly “today”, but in the last three weeks.
Bought this 2019 Deluxe used w 312 miles.

So far... Stage 2; V&H BSS, SE air cleaner under stock cover, Torque Cam, SE Pro Street Tuner.

Chrome: floorboards, brake foot pedal, toe/heel shifter, Controls, Front break caliper, passing light covers, fork lowers, WW1 Knuckle bars, flush tanks caps, 1961 retro emblem, Magnum SS cables.

New corbin seat ordered.
Still trying to decide on wheels, rotors, pulley. Prob Ride Wright but staying stock size.
Also lowering kit?

Nice! Presume that tank badge is using the adapter kit with the bracket and adhesive? How is the fit?

Old 02-04-2020, 09:54 AM
Sinbad/321
Advanced

Originally Posted by gtt
Nice! Presume that tank badge is using the adapter kit with the bracket and adhesive? How is the fit?
Thanks.
The dealership has done ALL the work on my bike so far. I have been extremely satisfied with everything they have done... except... the tank emblem. The new emblem was not bent enough to the form of the tank. So the ends of the emblems do not rest against the tank perfectly. So I will start over with the emblems myself.
I am going to make a wooden form (cut 12” 2X4 on the bandsaw) matching the curve of the tank. I’ll then heat the emblem and put the emblem in the form then in a wood vise and hopefully bend the emblem to its new shape. The emblems screw into a bottom plate, purchased separately that is also formed to the tank and adhered by adhesive.

Old 02-04-2020, 10:06 AM
Hedonism
Cruiser
Received 90 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by HuntWhenever
Slightly more forward. The saddle is thinner in the front, which was good. The most important verdict will be when Mrs. HuntWhenever rides along tomorrow.
what about the sundowner seat? Is it really more confortable? what about to reach the ground, is it higher than the stock one?

thanks

Old 02-04-2020, 12:45 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

Thanks.
The dealership has done ALL the work on my bike so far. I have been extremely satisfied with everything they have done... except... the tank emblem. The new emblem was not bent enough to the form of the tank. So the ends of the emblems do not rest against the tank perfectly. So I will start over with the emblems myself.
I am going to make a wooden form (cut 12” 2X4 on the bandsaw) matching the curve of the tank. I’ll then heat the emblem and put the emblem in the form then in a wood vise and hopefully bend the emblem to its new shape. The emblems screw into a bottom plate, purchased separately that is also formed to the tank and adhered by adhesive.
i would suggest removing the part adhered to the tank. Assemble the inner and outer pieces. Tape off the tank so it won’t get scratched. Move the emblem assembly around on the tank to where it seems to fit right to the tank. Then mark the emblem placement on the tape. Reapply the inner section to the tank with new 3M tape. Then try emblem again. I’m guessing they just stuck the inner onto the tank where it looked right, instead of seeing where it fit right. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 PM
Sinbad/321
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jerry L
i would suggest removing the part adhered to the tank. Assemble the inner and outer pieces. Tape off the tank so it won’t get scratched. Move the emblem assembly around on the tank to where it seems to fit right to the tank. Then mark the emblem placement on the tape. Reapply the inner section to the tank with new 3M tape. Then try emblem again. I’m guessing they just stuck the inner onto the tank where it looked right, instead of seeing where it fit right. Good luck!
I actually like where the guys at the dealer located it. I think they were just not aggressive enough in bending the emblem? The emblem comes perfectly straight while the tank obviously is curved. I think my method of heating the metal and clamping in a curved form/vise will work. I’ll post my method if it works???
i am pretty sure someone else posted a method similar to mine so I guess it’s really not my idea??? Lol

Old 02-04-2020, 02:13 PM
Jerry L
Road Warrior
Received 253 Likes on 161 Posts

I actually like where the guys at the dealer located it. I think they were just not aggressive enough in bending the emblem? The emblem comes perfectly straight while the tank obviously is curved. I think my method of heating the metal and clamping in a curved form/vise will work. I’ll post my method if it works???
i am pretty sure someone else posted a method similar to mine so I guess it’s really not my idea??? Lol
Every emblem I've seen like this has always had the curvature built into it. Hmmm.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 18+ softail today?