2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2021, 08:56 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 3,482 Likes on 1,747 Posts

man i hate to ask this but did by chance you hook up the battery wrong?? well i called 3 dealers in my range and 1 dealer had both tires in stock and the other 2 had just the rear in stock. so i went with the less of the three the rear was 350 and tax installed the others i just want the front tire and they were blowing up my phone. to try and get me there. but the one with both wanted 686 plus install. i didnt get either from them. i paid for the rear and my name is on the tire and its installed for free. when its time. so i have to go to the one that has the front and i will pay what ever they want. and give them ****.
while i was a the first they wanted to buy my bike but they would not give me what i wanted . so i sat there and drank a few beers and left. but paid for the tire. so we shall see what the others will offer. f**k them its my money and someone will give they tried to sell me a new bike . they had 7 fatboys used and they looked like crap. more miles than mine and was asking over 22 grand. i just shook my head and said thanks have a nice day. every sales guys there was taking pics of my bike , and said they have never seen my color. they wanted it but wouldnt offer what i wanted for it. the NEW bikes were less than a used one WTF

Old 10-14-2021, 10:08 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by iHodor
I meant did you buy the bike through a dealership, or private party. I'm still stuck on them selling you something without any kind of warranty whatsoever. I know it's a used bike but still...
It was at a car dealership, not a moto dealership or harley dealer. So they kind of sold it as is.
I mean I get it, any used vehicle will have a risk to it.
TBH that's not what I'm really upset about. I have money right now to handle an unfortunate situation, it's not the biggest deal per say so long as the issue doesnt get bigger than this.
What pisses me off the most is how long I waited, only to get a few miles ride in here and there to now again be waiting to ride again.

Originally Posted by IBE
man i hate to ask this but did by chance you hook up the battery wrong??
Not a chance. Red goes to red, black goes to black. Black is negative, detach negative first, attach negative last. Don't cross thread the bolts.
I know how batteries work and are handled.

Old 10-14-2021, 10:43 PM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

sorry man but just had to ask. i didnt mean anything by it

Old 10-14-2021, 11:00 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

Well bright side Fran is that by next Spring your bike will be in top condition and you can look forward to a long riding season. Back in the saddle again. In the meantime, when you get it back from the dealer, park it in your living room and detail it all winter . And sit on it making vroom sounds.

The following 2 users liked this post by iHodor:
Glenn Gorman (03-04-2022), IBE (10-15-2021)
Old 10-15-2021, 01:22 AM
IBE
Seasoned HDF Member

i got on a low rider today and my knees were up to my chin and the sales guy said it fits you good. i just smiled and said hey its a mini bike

Old 10-15-2021, 01:26 AM
lapinobel
Cruiser
Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

One of the reasons I sold my Low Rider S. Mighty cool looking bike and great handling, but the seating position just wasn't for me. Hope the FatBoy will be better for me. Got a pretty good deal for a 2019 one. Paying around 20K (euro) with about 4000miles on it. New price is around 25K here, and it has about 5K in upgrades (exhaust, handlebar, saddlebag etc).

Old 10-15-2021, 08:32 AM
donsp8
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat for 2018 Fatboy

Good Morning everyone, this is my first post.
I bought 2018 Fatboy anniversary after totaling my 2014 Ultra. Last week I rode a couple of hours with my buddies and a week later my **** is still in pain. Now I am not a spring chicken anymore but damn, have I just been spoiled with touring bikes. Please tell me there is a seat out there that is comfortable on this bike because I truly love everything else about it. Thanks ahead of time for any replies.

Old 10-15-2021, 09:39 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

Welcome. Saddlemen Explorer fits the bill for me.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:05 AM
donsp8
Stage IV

Originally Posted by iHodor
Welcome. Saddlemen Explorer fits the bill for me.
I have read about a lot of people getting that seat, some say it is perfect others say it is still hard or firm even after breaking it in, that is the concern I have. I am by no means a seat expert, I just want a seat that is comfortable like I had on touring bike. When you tried your new seat, was it a substantial upgrade in your opinion? Thanks for answering so soon.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:06 AM
donsp8
Stage IV

Forgot to ask, do you recommend back rest

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread