Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 03:55 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,912 Likes on 1,576 Posts

Originally Posted by iHodor
Congrats Fran! You are one patient person. No more "Will be getting"

Don't know about size but Ronnies has them as part no. 3109
Thanks. I was looking around and wasn't sure. I was looking at these as well.
https://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/colle...007-up-softail
All shiny and chrome for a chrome cover piece.
It says on the packaging that they replace 3109.
But I'm not confident that they replace the bolts for the 2018 Softails. Trust em, or just grab 5 bolts from ronnies and call it complete?

Old 09-23-2021, 04:41 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

Well, at $2.49 each at Ronnies you're not risking much. I don't know what "color" they are. If you're trying to keep it all chrome might be best to wait and keep looking?

Nice to be able to actually start buying and bolting isn't it?

Old 09-23-2021, 05:30 PM
andres.0321@hotmail.com
Cruiser
Received 177 Likes on 83 Posts
Default Latest and greatest mods.

The following 2 users liked this post by andres.0321@hotmail.com:
johnny_bravo00 (09-24-2021), Monteman1971 (09-24-2021)
Old 09-23-2021, 06:17 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Well, at $2.49 each at Ronnies you're not risking much. I don't know what "color" they are. If you're trying to keep it all chrome might be best to wait and keep looking?

Nice to be able to actually start buying and bolting isn't it?
I mean yeah, It's nice to finally put plan in action and start ordering parts and working on the vision I have in my head.
Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my friend to trailer the bike to me since it's still at his place.
It was fun to give it a ride and see how it rode compared to what I've been riding before.
I did get a little bit of a video uploaded.
https://streamable.com/20xynd

Old 09-23-2021, 08:09 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior

That time is just a small fraction of the entire time you've waited. And now, you truly own it and can call it yours. I hope we have one of our dry Octobers that let's you fully enjoy it when it's living in your own garage.
I wasn't even aware that color was available in the '18s. I had a choice of black or white at the dealer's when I bought mine. I've done black many times and decided to go with the white because the black one they had was a 107. I haven't regretted it, though the buckskin color in '19 and yours would have kept me just as happy methinks. Ride safe!

Old 09-23-2021, 09:01 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

That time is just a small fraction of the entire time you've waited. And now, you truly own it and can call it yours. I hope we have one of our dry Octobers that let's you fully enjoy it when it's living in your own garage.
I wasn't even aware that color was available in the '18s. I had a choice of black or white at the dealer's when I bought mine. I've done black many times and decided to go with the white because the black one they had was a 107. I haven't regretted it, though the buckskin color in '19 and yours would have kept me just as happy methinks. Ride safe!
I didnt even know it was a color either. Apparently it was one of the paint sets just for the fat boy that year. I saw it and went looking for any info I could find, and basically all I could find was facebook posts and a few videos. I cant find anything about it on HD's website or anything.
It had been posted on facebook market place for a week when I came across it. I almost missed it because I had another bike lined up, but for ***** and giggles I decided to take another look around, and there it was, same price as the other bike.
I've been trying to find something about the paint set but HD's long removed the webpage or something like that.

The paint has absolutely changed the aesthetic I was going for. In person it looks very... 1970s chopper. Reminds me somewhat of Arlen Ness's bike paints.
So I've decided to grab Live To Ride trim stuff, and Arlen Ness tearchop mirrors, but I'm still going with the willie G and Slotted parts I posted about earlier.

Old 09-23-2021, 09:25 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior

Yeah HD does some uncommon things sometimes. And the particulars sometimes seem to get lost to time. I had an '04 Deuce that was factory orange with a heavy metal flake. I can't recall the exact name of the paint. The PO told me it was one of only 50 produced in that color. I found some confirmation on that but no details as to why, or other examples of it. Yours is uncommon like that which to me is a definite plus. I've always tried to make my "fun" vehicles a little unusual in some way that sets them apart from all of the others. I really liked the paint on the Deuce even though I've never been particularly fond of orange. But I just couldn't warm up to the bike itself which felt unrefined. With seriously weak brakes. I traded it in on my FB and have never regretted doing so even though it was definitely more unusual than my white Fatty, which isn't common in its own right.
I think your Live to Ride accessories will go good with the bike and the color.

Old 09-24-2021, 01:23 PM
NightBeast44
Stage II
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Bike

Just picked up my first bike - 2018 FB 114. Previous owner already threw the handlebars on. Just ordered a black mustache crash bar and swing arm bag from Viking.

Going to throw the V&H Big Radius on. I'm hoping someone can make a suggestion on a 2 up seat that's comfortable for big guys. (6'2" - 260lbs).

The following users liked this post:
roadrunner1414 (09-25-2021)
Old 09-24-2021, 03:16 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior

Welcome. Check out the Explorer seats from Saddlemen at saddlemen.com. It will put you 2" up and 2" back.

Old 09-24-2021, 06:30 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Welcome. Check out the Explorer seats from Saddlemen at saddlemen.com. It will put you 2" up and 2" back.
I just put in an order for an Explorer RS seat today at getlowered.
For NightBeast44. Pretty much everything I've heard about Saddlemen has been positive and that Explorer seats are the best you can get. Step Ups are a good second choice but they arent as comfy for long miles as the Explorers.
I went for the RS because it looks like the most classic and oldschool almost chopper style seat they offer for the fat boy.

My replacement satin chrome heatshields got here today too.
Parts slowly rolling in.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread