2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 10:00 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 441 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by eggerskf
Nice ride. Get any sail effect from those solid rims?
Strangely not much. The bike hugs the road and plants solidly. I have no issues when on the slab riding beside semi trailers as I pass them. Haven't ridden in any extraordinarily strong winds but short of that no issues, or complaints.

Old 08-23-2020, 06:16 PM
Marleylu
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone, I am riding a 2018 Fatboy 114 and looking for an aftermarket full exhaust system. I am interested in V&H Pro Pipe and Big Radius 2 into 2. However, I have not found much information on the Internet. If someone knows which one more fits Fatboy, please leave your comments. Thanks.

Old 08-24-2020, 10:27 PM
cvsisinthehouse
Intermediate
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 5 gallon gas tank should have an asterisk.

Hello everyone, I got a 2018 FatBoy 2 weeks ago. I know this thing has a 5 gallon tank but it seems like you are not supposed to use the last gallon. Am I right about this? The display said I had 10 miles left but I could barely put in 4 gallons. I mean what good is a 5 gallon tank if you should only use 4? Is the last gallon coolant for the fuel pump? My Rocket 3 has the same issue.

Old 08-25-2020, 05:13 AM
Stormin70
Tourer
Received 275 Likes on 173 Posts

I can’t remember if I post in this thread or not, but here’s my 18 FLFBS. I’ve done a Bassani Road Rage III, Metzeler Cruisetecs, the footpeg conversion, HD Engine Guard, removed all the reflectors, added a LePera Bare Bones, Profile Slotted mirrors, HD Get-A-Grips and an HD Swingarm bag.

The following users liked this post:
wjcbsr (08-26-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 05:39 AM
yobtaf103
Road Master
Received 283 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormin70
I can’t remember if I post in this thread or not, but here’s my 18 FLFBS. I’ve done a Bassani Road Rage III, Metzeler Cruisetecs, the footpeg conversion, HD Engine Guard, removed all the reflectors, added a LePera Bare Bones, Profile Slotted mirrors, HD Get-A-Grips and an HD Swingarm bag.

How's the Cruizetecs going ?

Old 08-25-2020, 05:50 AM
Stormin70
Tourer
Received 275 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by yobtaf103
How's the Cruizetecs going ?
good so far. I only have about 483 miles on them, but they feel very similar to the Scorchers, which is good. No major differences in cornering transitions, about the same grip and about as flickable as before.

The following users liked this post:
yobtaf103 (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 08:51 AM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 441 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by cvsisinthehouse
Hello everyone, I got a 2018 FatBoy 2 weeks ago. I know this thing has a 5 gallon tank but it seems like you are not supposed to use the last gallon. Am I right about this? The display said I had 10 miles left but I could barely put in 4 gallons. I mean what good is a 5 gallon tank if you should only use 4? Is the last gallon coolant for the fuel pump? My Rocket 3 has the same issue.
You don't have to fill up according to the range reading on the cluster. Or the guage either for that matter. If you've been riding for any length of time you know you can just go by the odometer miles between fillups. Once you've ridden enough to know the mileage you're going to get. The others are not spot on, nor are they meant to be methinks. But, between those and your use of the odometer you will likely never run of gas if you're paying attention. Use the 5 gallons and enjoy the ride! And congrats on getting a great machine.

Oh, and pics are always welcome!

Old 08-29-2020, 03:22 PM
Padre
Supporter

Received 1,232 Likes on 533 Posts

Imported from the "other" thread I started. My new 2020 Fatboy in Stiletto Red. Mods I've done so far: V&H slipons, GPS, windshield, mustache bar, Chrome Glow rear tail light, LED lights all the way around, new Hogwerkz LED main light, Custom Dynamics brake flasher, and not pictures I put on 4.5" risers to bring the bar back a little. Love the bike. I also have a Mustang solo seat currently at Mean City Cycles getting fine-tuned for my old butt. It matches the rear fender bib. On order is a Three Mutts Custom Leather full-length tank bib - black with braided edges, red accent stitching. Taking her in on Tuesday to have cruise installed as well. I'm thinking about a bigger air cleaner. Any suggestions? Although I like the way this one looks and sounds.

Old 08-30-2020, 02:47 AM
Cootey
Road Captain
Received 249 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Stormin70

How do you find that Bassani in corners? Mine scrapes everywhere!!!!

Old 08-30-2020, 02:51 AM
Cootey
Road Captain
Received 249 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.ChrisCross
Those are breakout wheels right? what are all the specs for the front as I see it looks like you're still running a stock fatboy fender
Hey man, sorry for the late reply!
Yes they are breakout wheels, the front fender is original and lifted with brackets off Ebay, using touring guard raising brackets (same bolt spacing).

I've done a separate thread on it, here:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/1258182-breakout-wheels-on-a-2019-fat-boy-3.html

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread