Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2023, 11:39 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDEU
Just easy stuff to install:

Jeckill and Hyde Exhaust System (road legal EU) ............
I just bought my 3the set of J&H exhausts , this time for my FXBB to replace my Big Radius. I will now have them on my Fat Bob, Street Glide Special and the FXBB , I do not want any other exhaust anymore for my Harley's

Had to wait almost a month to arrive at the dealer

The following users liked this post:
Urban Gorilla (04-03-2023)
Old 04-03-2023, 12:36 PM
HarleyDEU
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I just bought my 3the set of J&H exhausts , this time for my FXBB to replace my Big Radius. I will now have them on my Fat Bob, Street Glide Special and the FXBB , I do not want any other exhaust anymore for my Harley's

Had to wait almost a month to arrive at the dealer
Same time to wait in Europe. Expensive job for all rides 😉 but to nice sound or whispering mode. Only that’s legal for sound in Europe. Otherwise Kesstech or Penzl. Or „normal“ sound as I’ve got it till this year: screamin eagle.

MoneyFor (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 04:36 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDEU
Same time to wait in Europe. Expensive job for all rides 😉 but to nice sound or whispering mode. Only that’s legal for sound in Europe. Otherwise Kesstech or Penzl. Or „normal“ sound as I’ve got it till this year: screamin eagle.

I also replaced the headers with the even ones from J&H on my Fat Boy last year, at first I only had the dampers on the oem headers.

I thought the "even" ones was just a bit nicer but that's taste of course.

The following 3 users liked this post by MoneyFor:
HarleyDEU (04-04-2023), IBE (04-08-2023), Urban Gorilla (04-04-2023)
Old 04-04-2023, 05:01 AM
HarleyDEU
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I also replaced the headers with the even ones from J&H on my Fat Boy last year, at first I only had the dampers on the oem headers.

I thought the "even" ones was just a bit nicer but that's taste of course.

And I really wanted to get the "shotgun look" of the Fat Boy. Hardly anything changes in the sound - rather with the camshaft.

Old 04-04-2023, 07:23 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,947 Likes on 1,598 Posts

So anyone with a Fat Boy wanting to install these Spark Plug Wires. It can be done entirely without removing the tank. You need to lift up the rear of the tank, so take off the seat and the rear bolt and lift the tank up and put a box under it or something to hold it up like 5~6 inches.Then you can get at the spark plug wires, with your hands. I used a right angle pick to get the rear one out.
Fairly quick and easy install. You just need a 9/16th's box wrench, a 9/16ths socket and ratchet with 6inch+ extension.
I pre-greased the spark plug wire boots making sure to not let grease get on the inside of the terminals, but spread it around the surface of the Boot.
The top plugs you will have to push down on the top of the boot with your fingers on each side to get it down, and it will "POP!" into place. If it doesnt pop, pull it up and try again.
The ignition coils, the stock wires terminals have a little clippy that holds the plugwire in. The Magnum Shielding ones do not. So you'll have to finegal around pushing them down to make sure they slip on and engage all the way down.

The following 2 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
IBE (04-08-2023), Urban Gorilla (04-05-2023)
Old 04-05-2023, 03:44 PM
Nobra81
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2022 fatboy forward controls

It doesn’t appear to me that hd makes a kit for the fatboy to move controls forward. Anyone aware of any aftermarket products for this.

steve

Old 04-05-2023, 03:52 PM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 241 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Nobra81
It doesn’t appear to me that hd makes a kit for the fatboy to move controls forward. Anyone aware of any aftermarket products for this.

steve
I went with the DK Customs rider floorboard extensions kit and Softbrake extended brake and shift levers.

HarleyDEU (04-07-2023)
Old 04-07-2023, 12:38 PM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 241 Likes on 149 Posts

Finished off fixing it up and then went out for a quick shake down/test ride - first ride of the year...

Old 04-07-2023, 08:54 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,223 Likes on 569 Posts

Because I've been working on my bike one handed, I broke down and bought the Kodlin K66030 to more easily compress the spring on my shock, to install the Kodlin K66024 lowering kit.

Tools needed: Two 3/4" wrenches, a 7/8" wrench and a heavy screw driver to hold the shock in place when breaking free the 7/8" lock nut.

Now the good news, I only used the 3/4" wrenches to put the K66030 together. I then used my driver and a 3/4" deep socket to drive and loosen the nuts used to compress to top plate. Just a few quick turns on each nut until the spring is compressed enough or you'll bind up the top plate.

The instructions are ok, but I'm glad that I watched this video, specific to the K66024 first.

Attached Thumbnails Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-kodlin.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-kodlin-k66024.jpg  
Old 04-08-2023, 02:03 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,947 Likes on 1,598 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Gorilla
Finished off fixing it up and then went out for a quick shake down/test ride - first ride of the year...
You did Floorboard Relocation kit from DK Custom right?
Did you gain any lean angle from it?
DKCustom says that if you run these, you can't run a crashbar, and I'm curious as to why the prevent the crashbar from being installed.
Would you happen to have a guess?
I was looking at getting these floorboard extensions to potentially add more lean angle but not sure if they will with my increased rear ride height.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread