2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2023, 04:37 AM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 238 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
It'll probably be a while. I'm going into surgery on the 26th. Won't be able to ride for like a month.
Ah jeez...hope it all goes well

Old 01-20-2023, 04:48 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,900 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Originally Posted by Urban Gorilla
Ah jeez...hope it all goes well
Luckily it's not for anything serious and life threatening. I'm just getting my **** upgraded, LOL.
Got tired of being flat as pancake. I put a lot of effort into my bike, thought it was time to do something for myself.

The following users liked this post:
Soonerbldr (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 04:53 AM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 238 Likes on 146 Posts

Luckily it's not for anything serious and life threatening. I'm just getting my **** upgraded, LOL.
Got tired of being flat as pancake. I put a lot of effort into my bike, thought it was time to do something for myself.
brilliant....good for you - look good, feel good

Old 01-20-2023, 05:56 AM
stormin08
Road Captain
Received 323 Likes on 219 Posts

PICS or it didnt happen...??!!!
J/K

The following users liked this post:
Doublefelix (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 07:41 AM
Durham man
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,623 Likes on 1,016 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Durham man; 01-20-2023 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-21-2023, 04:40 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 556 Posts

@FranBunnyFFXII

Last edited by Glenn Gorman; 01-21-2023 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2023, 05:11 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

I'm not sure if I shared this but, some ******* pushed down or sat on the front fender of my bike while it was parked and it split the paint and cracked the bent over lip edge.
So now I'm trying to do a simple repair. I need to find someone who can fix this kind of stuff carefully.

Old 01-21-2023, 05:17 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 556 Posts

Sorry that you were offended. But I guess that you can't take a joke. That's all it was meant to be. You yourself posted what your surgery was for, Not me.

Old 01-21-2023, 05:21 PM
DaveyFB
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,089 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Why the he!! would anyone sit on someone's bike, especially a fender
Are you sure a car did not tap it ?
Never know with people these days, no respect for others property

Old 01-21-2023, 05:34 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by DaveyFB
Why the he!! would anyone sit on someone's bike, especially a fender
Are you sure a car did not tap it ?
Never know with people these days, no respect for others property
Yeah I'm sure it wasn't a car because the fender was pressed down. I park the bike nose in because my parking spot is on an incline, so I park it nose in so I can lean it on the kickstand fully and turn the wheel to the right. So that way it's stable and easy to get off the kickstand. It's also much easier to park.
Trying to back the bike into the spot is really a pain in the *** and it's hard to get it right so I can get the bike on the kick stand.
Plus it's liable to be blown over by the wind on that level of incline. It's the closest parking spot for my bike there, and it keeps it safe away from cars. AND it makes it easier to lock the bike's front wheel up. With the wheel turned to the left it's hard to get to the lock because it's turned down and away.
I used to pull right up to the curb, now I stop the wheel a gutter's distance away from the curb because this happened.
It looks like someone was walking by and either pushed down on the fender and it pushed into the tire and I didnt notice, which shredded the paint off. Or someone was hanging around with friends and sat on the fender because they didnt know what was under the cover.
I know it wasnt a car because if a car were to have tapped it, it'd have lots of scuffs around it. the metal just got stretched and split and the paint flaked off.
Plus you'd have to be a REAL dumb idiot to have gotten over the curb protector that I park my bike at. (one of the reasons I park there all the time is that the island keeps me from being able to get close to the bike with their car.)
What I've done now is made sure the bent and split pieces are aligned, and then I sanded it down a bit, then did several coats over the bare metal area and chipped areas so it'd fill in and chemically bond with the rest of the paint.
It took a few hours, then I clear coated it. And now I've put some Sugru in the under lip and letting it set for 48hours to stiffen the area that was split.
I'm debating about packing more Sugru in there, and making more of a ramp shape to stiffen it more.
It's not noticable from the top, only the bottom if you were to take the fender off.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread