Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 10:54 PM
HarleyDEU
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Gorman
2023 Fatboy 114 Anniversary Color
I noticed that the 2023 comes with cruise control, but ABS is $950 option.

$21699 Anniversary
$700 freight
$750 kiss my *** surcharge.

and a ridiculous price for special painting

Old 01-19-2023, 02:57 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,900 Likes on 1,569 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyDEU
and a ridiculous price for special painting
Oh it's not that bad.
My bike's paint set was 3800$ IIRC. Granted I didn't pay for it, but that paint and trim on the 120th is more extensive than my bike's paint was.
Matching Color trimmed seat, Battery box Covers, Timer, Air intake, Dash console, and derby cover, and exclusive tank badges.
1500$ for a limited edition paint and trim scheme that's more coordinated than my Limited paint set isn't that bad.
Honestly if it wasnt for the fact that I'm switching to an Air Stinger intake, I'd have ordered that 114 Aircleaner trim insert and timer cover already.

Old 01-19-2023, 05:50 AM
stormin08
Road Captain
Received 323 Likes on 219 Posts

would have been nice if the 120 yr line got the 117.

The following users liked this post:
Glenn Gorman (01-19-2023)
Old 01-19-2023, 07:30 AM
HarleyDEU
Cruiser
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Oh it's not that bad.
My bike's paint set was 3800$ IIRC. Granted I didn't pay for it, but that paint and trim on the 120th is more extensive than my bike's paint was.
Matching Color trimmed seat, Battery box Covers, Timer, Air intake, Dash console, and derby cover, and exclusive tank badges.
1500$ for a limited edition paint and trim scheme that's more coordinated than my Limited paint set isn't that bad.
Honestly if it wasnt for the fact that I'm switching to an Air Stinger intake, I'd have ordered that 114 Aircleaner trim insert and timer cover already.
Na - maybe in US. In Europe their asking for 6000 EUR more with this paint.

Old 01-19-2023, 09:58 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 556 Posts

Originally Posted by stormin08
would have been nice if the 120 yr line got the 117.
That was my thought exactly. When I first saw the picture I thought that the air cleaner badge showed 117. That is until I enlarged the picture.

Old 01-19-2023, 10:15 AM
stormin08
Road Captain
Received 323 Likes on 219 Posts

nope, they held that for the return of the S, ST and Breakout. along with the CVO lines.

Old 01-20-2023, 03:54 AM
Urban Gorilla
Tourer
Received 238 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Guys, I'm debating about replacement Spark Plug Wires for Rayearth, purely for aesthetic reasons, and I'm looking at 3 different options.
1. Screamin Eagle Orange(Fiery Orange) https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/e...nge/p/31600113
2. Magnum Shielding Candy Red steel woven. https://www.magnumshielding.com/Ignition-3047T
3. 409 PRO RACE Red from DKCustom Products. https://www.dkcustomproducts.com/409...softail-m8.htm

The SE Orange ones I think a touch of extra orange to compliment the orange pinstripes on Rayearth's paint, might be great to add more to the "Spirit of Fire" style touch. They're 60$ They're also 100% for sure going to be compatible and very unlikely to have any issues, made by HD for these engines, and they're 10mm. I am worried about the orange conflicting with the paint however. Some have said the black lettering falls off, which I won't care because text or not it's about the orange.

The 409 Reds are a 10mm(8.4mm internal) as well, and they have extra red touch on the outer spark plugs boots. They're 65$, and DKCustoms has used these and shown they are great performers. I am afraid though that they will look more like toy plastic and stand out against the bike's metallic finishes. I don't know how red they are though.
I skipped over the SE plug wires because they weren't a dark enough shade of red.

The Magnum Shielding may be the most aesthetically pleasing but they are the smallest diameter wires, and by far the most expensive at 105$ shipped.
I would have bought these already except I have seen 2 issues pop up with these so far. One, the wires are incredibly stiff so they do not curve around. And Two, I have seen some of these wires where the shielding wrap is coming out of the securing ring. They seem to have some Quality Control issues. I emailed Magnum a few times, and they have utterly ignored my emails about spark plug wires asking questions. I am annoyed and not sure If I wanna get a spotty product at a higher price, and then have to deal with a company that doesn't talk to their customers.
As part of my Stage 1.5 build, i.e. Stage 1+ (Exhaust, Air Cleaner, Tuner, +) but without going Stage 2.

I originally bought the SE (Black/Orange) Leads because:
1. I liked the look of them;
2. They were at a great price;
3. The compatibility for our EFI motors.

However, after some further research, and a change in colour theme for the bike, I decided to uprate my ignition system with:
1. A Twin Power Uprated Ignition Coil;
2. The DK Customs 409 PRO RACE Black Spark Plug Wires;
3. A set of SE spark plugs - Article:

The theory being that a better spark = better combustion which may, or may not, give you a very slight HP increase but, if nothing else, should make the motor run better/more efficiently.

Caveat: I haven't fitted anything yet - I'm still in the process of research and buying. Once I have everything, I'll be fitting it all in one go.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:04 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Urban Gorilla
As part of my Stage 1.5 build, i.e. Stage 1+ (Exhaust, Air Cleaner, Tuner, +) but without going Stage 2.

I originally bought the SE (Black/Orange) Leads because:
1. I liked the look of them;
2. They were at a great price;
3. The compatibility for our EFI motors.

However, after some further research, and a change in colour theme for the bike, I decided to uprate my ignition system with:
1. A Twin Power Uprated Ignition Coil;
2. The DK Customs 409 PRO RACE Black Spark Plug Wires;
3. A set of SE spark plugs - Article:
Article

The theory being that a better spark = better combustion which may, or may not, give you a very slight HP increase but, if nothing else, should make the motor run better/more efficiently.

Caveat: I haven't fitted anything yet - I'm still in the process of research and buying. Once I have everything, I'll be fitting it all in one go.
I actually have SE Sparkplugs in my bike. They were one of the first maint details I did to my bike because it was running rich, and it had been overfilled by at least 20oz of oil by a dealership no less.
So I pulled out the plugs and sure enough they were sooted and oiled.(Pic below)
I actually ended up ordering the Magnum Shielding Candy Red wires from ImzzElite's online shop.
They had a video of a bike that had the blue ones on it and it gives off a feel of "Custom bike."
ImzzElite gave me a discount code making it the cheapest place to get them, for 87$ shipped.
I was afraid that the SE ones would look too tacky and out of place even though Rayearth has bright orange fire pin stripes that can be seen well from the rider seat. But they look like rubber/plastic, and I don't think it'd fit my bike.
So, we'll see the Magnum Shielding ones on my bike soon enough and hope they're a great choice. They should be at least helpful in the quest to remove black colored from my bike.

The following 2 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
Glenn Gorman (01-20-2023), Urban Gorilla (01-20-2023)
Old 01-20-2023, 04:32 AM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,178 Likes on 556 Posts

@FranBunnyFFXII

Can't wait to see the red Magnum Shielding Ignition Cables on ur bike.

Old 01-20-2023, 04:35 AM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Glenn Gorman
@FranBunnyFFXII

Can't wait to see the red Magnum Shielding Ignition Cables on ur bike.
It'll probably be a while. I'm going into surgery on the 26th. Won't be able to ride for like a month.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread