DaveyFB
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,088 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I found it on their site, Thanx
Sometimes the site is a PIA, but mostly just weird searching
I did see your video before
It just never occurred to me that was JUST a reflector on the back
Supposed to check my lights before EVERY ride, my bad
Definitely like the extra turn signal on the back, more I can be noticed the better I feel

Integrated Fat Boy LED Taillight with Turn Signals for 2018-2021 FLFB/FLFBS (customdynamics.com)

Ordered, should fit in with what I want to do
Taking a last ride tomorrow then start taking things off the bike for upgrades thru the Winter
Lights, highway bars, fogs, new seat, custom derby cover, new horn, sissy bar & bag if I can find one I like

Last edited by DaveyFB; 11-25-2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2022, 07:53 PM
Kenelz
Tourer
Received 209 Likes on 125 Posts

Fran's suggestion is a better option than mine. Since the turn signals are fine, I figured all I needed was the brake/running light. I didn't think about the brake/turn integration, which I should have, just about all vehicles are that way anymore.

I'm ok with the way it is (for now), I can always change it out.
I hear you Davey, I thought it was a light also. My nieghbor told me my tail light wasn't working, I checked it out, and saw it was just a reflecter.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:49 AM
Doublefelix
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Honestly, I would suggest their brakelight bar. No depinning or soldering needed. Just mount it, plug it in, run the wires under the fender away from the tire.
It looks great, runs as brake run, and turn signals, in concert with your bullets.
I think it's the best option for a reflector replacement now days.
If you dont trust the 3M tape on it, just add some sugru to the back of it and the fender underneath.
it won't work as turns with my 4-wire, 3 in 1 setup. I already emailed them and I would have to re-pin the connectors.

Old 11-26-2022, 05:51 AM
Doublefelix
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveyFB
Dang, now I feel stupid
Kept reading people referring to the rear brake "light" as a reflector
IT IS just a reflector...stupidest thing I have ever seen...can't believe I never looked/noticed it
Now I want an actual brake light in the middle...more $$ to spend
I am working on the plate relocation to under back fender

Which brakelight bar are you referring tto ?
the cycle visions setup is hot if you want to run under the fender.
I went DK customs axle mount with mine

Old 11-26-2022, 12:06 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,064 Likes on 498 Posts

Broke down and ordered the Powervision PV3 from Fuel Moto. Almost everything is on sale, the PV3 is $355.50 shipped. Decided to try the PV3 because I want to do the S&S 132 build next. Why? Because I'm bored.

Attached Thumbnails Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-m143855100.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-910-0845_lifestyle_web-1-.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-132-dyno-chart.png  
Old 11-26-2022, 08:34 PM
Monteman1971
Road Captain
Received 189 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenelz
Its solid running, BUT...... it does what the tail light you tapped into does. I tapped into the right circuit as per instructions, the brake and turn are integrated, so if I have the right turn signal on, the new tail light is going to blink also. I don't know of any simple way to fix it. I don't think it matters, it helps being seen.

You didn't follow the instructions. They gave you the diagram and where to tap into. If I remember correctly from when I installed it, it's actually tapped into the license plate wiring under the seat. I have the same one on mine and my brothers and it works as it should. It is a running light and brake light (no directionals).

If you need help, Custom Dynamics has a great customer service, give them a call.

Steve

Last edited by Monteman1971; 11-26-2022 at 08:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Monteman1971:
Glenn Gorman (11-28-2022), Kenelz (11-28-2022)
Old 11-28-2022, 10:21 AM
Kenelz
Tourer
Received 209 Likes on 125 Posts

Monteman, thanks for posting that and straightening me out. I pulled the seat, and looked around. There was another black 3 wire connector under the one I tapped. All I had to do is move the brake wire since the other two were doing what they were supposed to. The little screw wire taps they include, made it easy to unscrew from the one wire, and screw it on another.

It all works as it should, no more blinking brake light.

The following users liked this post:
Monteman1971 (11-28-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 09:02 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

Originally Posted by Kenelz
Monteman, thanks for posting that and straightening me out. I pulled the seat, and looked around. There was another black 3 wire connector under the one I tapped. All I had to do is move the brake wire since the other two were doing what they were supposed to. The little screw wire taps they include, made it easy to unscrew from the one wire, and screw it on another.

It all works as it should, no more blinking brake light.
Here are the instructions.

Attached Thumbnails Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-20221019_025011.jpg  
Old 12-02-2022, 09:20 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member

Got a new tattoo and the Powervision PV3 was deliver late yesterday. Went out today, removed the FP3 tuner, installed the PV3 and flashed the new tune. I have a bit over 10,000 miles so I decided to change the spark plugs before starting the bike up. Really glad that I did, the last tune that V&H sent me fouled the crap out of my plugs. I forgot to take a picture, but they must have had it running rich. Didn't smell or act like it, but plugs don't lie. Took a quick ride in the rain and so far I like the PV3 and tune from Fuel Moto.

I also added a Viking Swing Arm bag.

Attached Thumbnails Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-twist_tattoo.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-viking_.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-viking2_.jpg   Everything 2018 FatBoy thread-viking3_.jpg  

Last edited by Glenn Gorman; 12-02-2022 at 09:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
niceguyshawn (12-28-2022)
Old 12-02-2022, 10:51 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,699 Likes on 1,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Gorman
Got a new tattoo and the Powervision PV3 was deliver late yesterday. Went out today, removed the FP3 tuner, installed the PV3 and flashed the new tune. I have a bit over 10,000 miles so I decided to change the spark plugs before starting the bike up. Really glad that I did, the last tune that V&H sent me fouled the crap out of my plugs. I forgot to take a picture, but they must have had it running rich. Didn't smell or act like it, but plugs don't lie. Took a quick ride in the rain and so far I like the PV3 and tune from Fuel Moto.

I also added a Viking Swing Arm bag.
our design philosophies with the same model of bike is really interesting.
I keep minimizing things on mine and making it look more and more oldschool and more chrome/silvery+gold.
You keep adding things on for creature comfort and are adding more black accent.

I'm still figuring out how to delete my USB caddy, and all that.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread