2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2022, 12:31 AM
andres.0321@hotmail.com
Cruiser
Received 177 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
I think the spoked wheels are very nice but for me the stock wheels are just the "Fat" in the Boy and I think they belong together. Fortunately we are not all of the same idea because otherwise it would become monotonous on the road
love the wheel design but not the color choice for the anniversary edition. I love the polished or chrome version of the wheels but won’t look good on a anniversary edition.

The following users liked this post:
MoneyFor (08-31-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 12:44 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by Doublefelix
Hey, if you are anywhere near your take-off parts in the near future, can you look at your take off rear signals? I am trying to figure out if the short left standoff matches the longer right one at the base, which would fill in the strut depression. It looks like it may. I know you can order the right standoff and use it in place of the left standoff and plate bracket, but I am wondering if you can use 2 short left standoffs for a clean and tight install. I was going to go with mini kodlin neowise, but I ride in a group and think they may be too easy to miss. Custom Dynamics inserts with short stalks would be acceptable.

Yes you can use it on the right side, If I keep the stock rear signals I allways install short mountings ... I did this on my FXFBS and FXBB, on the FLFB I installed the Kodlin's, in my opinion the best way to go.

FXFBS before and after, much cleaner look

Before and after FXBB

Kodlin FLFB

They are 3-1 and very very bright !

Old 08-31-2022, 06:19 AM
Doublefelix
Tourer
Received 85 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes you can use it on the right side, If I keep the stock rear signals I allways install short mountings ... I did this on my FXFBS and FXBB, on the FLFB I installed the Kodlin's, in my opinion the best way to go.

FXFBS before and after, much cleaner look

Before and after FXBB

Kodlin FLFB

They are 3-1 and very very bright !
now I need to figure out the part number for the short stalk.

Is your bike an international model? Where did you wire the brake circuit to on the Kodlins?

Old 08-31-2022, 01:58 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

now I need to figure out the part number for the short stalk.

Is your bike an international model? Where did you wire the brake circuit to on the Kodlins?
My bike is a EU model that comes stock with 3 in 1 led ( signal, tail light and brake light ) so I just used the same wiring as the oem ones for the Kodlin.

This is a short mounting for the stock indicator,

Old 08-31-2022, 06:30 PM
Doublefelix
Tourer

My bike is a EU model that comes stock with 3 in 1 led ( signal, tail light and brake light ) so I just used the same wiring as the oem ones for the Kodlin.

ok. Cool.

Old 08-31-2022, 06:32 PM
Doublefelix
Tourer

so, the short one is the normal one? The longer one is the one that is different than other bikes?

Old 09-01-2022, 12:45 AM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member

so, the short one is the normal one? The longer one is the one that is different than other bikes?

All Harley's comes stock with the long version except bikes equiped with the sidemounted licenseplate, they have the short base on the left and the long on the right. All you have to do is buy another shorty for the right side and you
are done.

Old 09-01-2022, 08:11 AM
Bob Z.
Road Master
Veteran: Navy
Received 297 Likes on 178 Posts

Just saw this for sale here, which I have on my bike and if someone is looking for a little rear drop this is the way to go: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...8-softail.html

Old 09-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Doublefelix
Tourer

did your brake light wires go to your 4 wire mx1900 turn signal connectors, or did you wire both of them to the 3rd license plate connector wire?

Old 09-01-2022, 03:22 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,942 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Just saw this for sale here, which I have on my bike and if someone is looking for a little rear drop this is the way to go: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...8-softail.html
I cant imagine putting a lowering kit on a bike.
I got a shock thats longer than my stock one by a half inch so I can get more lean angle and ride faster.
Lowering is the exact opposite.

I get AirRide suspension and sitting the bike on the ground when parked, but I don't get lowering when riding.

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread