2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Everything 2018 FatBoy thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2022, 11:55 AM
wjcbsr
Tourer
Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Just in case anyone here doesn't check the What did you do to your softail thread.
This is what the *** end of Rayearth looks like now.
Nice to get rid of that dumb reflector and have something functional. Magic Strobes is wired to only flash the turn signals, the brakelight bar does not flash.
The center glass of the CD Bullet Ringz does not light up until brake or turn signal comes through. They mini LEDs are always on low, and brighten up when the center glass lights up. I love this functionality of these new Inserts. I like the Brake Lightbar.
I will say though the Magic Strobes wasn't worth it because it does not flash the turn signal fast enough. I would NOT install this on any bike that doesn't have a solid rear brakelight that a driver can see. I have it set to 4flashes. All of the other modes are pointless, Except the 7 flash. But all of them are useless really for how slow it blinks the rear brake lights. Honestly I don't know why CD thinks this is ok. They should be at least TWICE as fast. Disappointed and IMO a waste of $90.
Custom Dynamics, if you're reading this thread, 2 to 3x faster flashing on the strobe. It's literally pointless without.
Video of the Flashing Speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZp3YRTdgE4

Fran,
Can you tell me which license plate side relocation you are using? Is that OEM? Mine came with a big ugly one on the back that hides the nice big tire.

I bought the CustomDynamics brake light like you have.

If you have a part-number that would be great!

Thanks,
Bill

Old 06-09-2022, 12:00 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

Originally Posted by wjcbsr
Fran,
Can you tell me which license plate side relocation you are using? Is that OEM? Mine came with a big ugly one on the back that hides the nice big tire.

Thanks,
Bill
That looks alot like the Kuryakin Nova Side Mount license plate frame to me...

LINK

Last edited by MoneyFor; 06-09-2022 at 12:01 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:00 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,944 Likes on 1,596 Posts

Originally Posted by wjcbsr
Fran,

Thanks,
Bill
That's just the OEM one that comes on the bike in the USA. I just flipped the little extender down.
I have no idea what the part number it is.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:09 PM
MoneyFor
Stellar HDF Member
Received 979 Likes on 670 Posts

If it is the stock licenplateframe it should be part n° 67900364 , the Kuruyakin looks exactly the same so you can buy the cheapets of the two.

The following users liked this post:
wjcbsr (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 12:10 PM
Glenn Gorman
Club Member
Received 1,203 Likes on 565 Posts

I did the same with my oem license plate holder.

Lights are looking good.

Old 06-09-2022, 12:14 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
That looks alot like the Kuryakin Nova Side Mount license plate frame to me...

LINK
gad dammit, please stop posting **** for me to spend money on... now I need that in chrome.

The following 3 users liked this post by FranBunnyFFXII:
Henboykin (07-12-2022), MoneyFor (06-09-2022), Monteman1971 (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 04:11 PM
Custom Dynamics
Sponsor
Received 245 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII
Just in case anyone here doesn't check the What did you do to your softail thread.
This is what the *** end of Rayearth looks like now.
Nice to get rid of that dumb reflector and have something functional. Magic Strobes is wired to only flash the turn signals, the brakelight bar does not flash.
The center glass of the CD Bullet Ringz does not light up until brake or turn signal comes through. They mini LEDs are always on low, and brighten up when the center glass lights up. I love this functionality of these new Inserts. I like the Brake Lightbar.
I will say though the Magic Strobes wasn't worth it because it does not flash the turn signal fast enough. I would NOT install this on any bike that doesn't have a solid rear brakelight that a driver can see. I have it set to 4flashes. All of the other modes are pointless, Except the 7 flash. But all of them are useless really for how slow it blinks the rear brake lights. Honestly I don't know why CD thinks this is ok. They should be at least TWICE as fast. Disappointed and IMO a waste of $90.
Custom Dynamics, if you're reading this thread, 2 to 3x faster flashing on the strobe. It's literally pointless without.
Video of the Flashing Speed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZp3YRTdgE4

Hi Fran,

Rayearth looks great, and I'm glad you are pleased with the lighting! Sorry to hear about the issue with the flash speed, though. We do have 4 slower flash settings (patterns 0-3) designed for incandescent bulbs, and 6 much faster settings (patterns 4-9) designed for LEDs on those modules. Have you tried pattern #6? It should look more like 0:47 in this video below. If you are finding that none of the patterns are faster than the one you posted in your video, please give us a call at 800-382-1388 and we'll be glad to help get that resolved.

sales@customdynamics.com
https://www.customdynamics.com
http://blog.customdynamics.com

Review Custom Dynamics
Phone: 800-382-1388
The following 3 users liked this post by Custom Dynamics:
DaveyFB (08-14-2022), FranBunnyFFXII (06-09-2022), iHodor (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 04:20 PM
iHodor
Road Warrior
Received 442 Likes on 321 Posts

I've always had great experiences with CD. Customer Service that is hard to beat.

YHNYDad (06-09-2022)
Old 06-09-2022, 04:32 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Custom Dynamics
Hi Fran,

Rayearth looks great, and I'm glad you are pleased with the lighting! Sorry to hear about the issue with the flash speed, though. We do have 4 slower flash settings (patterns 0-3) designed for incandescent bulbs, and 6 much faster settings (patterns 4-9) designed for LEDs on those modules. Have you tried pattern #6? It should look more like 0:47 in this video below. If you are finding that none of the patterns are faster than the one you posted in your video, please give us a call at 800-382-1388 and we'll be glad to help get that resolved.
https://youtu.be/IuMLbNdh7aY?t=47
I was looking at pattern 6, but I think 6 seconds for that constant flashing is really too long. Pattern 8 may be more tolerable, but I think that 4 seconds is also too long.
I want to grab the attention of the driver behind me, but I dont want to flash their brain out, and leave them annoyed or worse, pissed off. Just thinking about it, what If I was driving behind this guy, would this irritate me? pattern 6 certainly would.
I was thinking about the way that I've noticed Cars that have a brake light flasher in them for the center 3rd light. They always rapid flash for less than a second, and several times, then go solid.
It's really attention grabbing, and doesn't feel annoying to be behind.
I think the best overall patterns that could be done with this flasher module would be 4 flashes in .5 seconds then goes solid, OR 7 Flashes in .75 second, then goes solid.
I think those patterns would be Ideal for Slot 0 and Slot 2.

For now I'm going to keep it on the bike, unless there is per say something you can program on it and send it back?
Pattern 0 seems to be the closest, but I will try Pattern 8 and see how that feels to my eyes.
Other than that I think it's a great idea for a product. I very much appreciate that it works with this setup, letting me have a set of lights infront of the module and after the module, just to maximize the visibility of the rear lights.

Thank you for the reply, btw!
More than happy to provide some feedback.

I love the Bullet Ringz they look so classic yet retro future, perfect fit for my bike's theme, And I love the light bar, it's a wonderful replacement for that dinky reflector. It's just the little things on the bike that start to add up, and they look quite nice.

Old 06-09-2022, 05:47 PM
FranBunnyFFXII
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by MoneyFor
It's not the one you linked but...
I'm so blaming you for this one, haha.

MoneyFor (06-10-2022)

Quick Reply: Everything 2018 FatBoy thread