2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 03:07 PM
Dl.allen
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Proctous do you getting any popping on over run?

do the mufflers have a cat in them?

I assume they will void warranty?

thanks for info I was leaning toward those

Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM
Dl.allen
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heck just tell me where you ordered from if you dont mind

Old 06-26-2018, 04:49 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

DI.allen,

I ordered mine directly from Rinehart. Although they were supposed to be over 3 weeks out for shipping they arrived in less than 2 weeks. Mine have the Black end caps.

No Cat in the Rinharts. Sound is good. Loud when you accelerate, good rumble while you cruise. Was getting some deceleration poping, but that seems to be getting less and less. Just 2K on my bike so it is still breaking in. As the miles go on I'm actually feeling a difference as the M8 seems to be purrrrrrrrring better.

My bike is a 107 and I did the Stage I breather upgrade and tuned with the H-D street tunner. Then installed the Rineharts. Dealer Service said no concern as long as I used the Street Tuner. The slip-ons made no difference to them. Now that is the dealer, don't realy know what would happen if I had to have major warrenty work that H-D had to approve. (I kept the OEM pipes in case I have to put them back on to meet a warrenty concern.)

On this, and some of the other threads, you can find that the Rinehart Slip-ons for the '18 Heritage is about the most popular.

Enjoy and Ride safe.

Old 06-27-2018, 09:14 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
ok that looks pretty cool. would like to hear it as well.
this page doesn't support my video codec pm me your number ill text it

Old 06-27-2018, 09:19 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear
Default fat cat 2 n1 exhaust sound

Old 06-27-2018, 09:20 AM
Justin Essig
4th Gear

nm wont let me post a jpeg or mpeg4

Old 06-27-2018, 09:51 AM
Hardcase61
Cruiser
Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Justin Essig
nm wont let me post a jpeg or mpeg4
You could upload it to youtube and post a link.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:23 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
DI.allen,

I ordered mine directly from Rinehart. Although they were supposed to be over 3 weeks out for shipping they arrived in less than 2 weeks. Mine have the Black end caps.

No Cat in the Rinharts. Sound is good. Loud when you accelerate, good rumble while you cruise. Was getting some deceleration poping, but that seems to be getting less and less. Just 2K on my bike so it is still breaking in. As the miles go on I'm actually feeling a difference as the M8 seems to be purrrrrrrrring better.

My bike is a 107 and I did the Stage I breather upgrade and tuned with the H-D street tunner. Then installed the Rineharts. Dealer Service said no concern as long as I used the Street Tuner. The slip-ons made no difference to them. Now that is the dealer, don't realy know what would happen if I had to have major warrenty work that H-D had to approve. (I kept the OEM pipes in case I have to put them back on to meet a warrenty concern.)

On this, and some of the other threads, you can find that the Rinehart Slip-ons for the '18 Heritage is about the most popular.

Enjoy and Ride safe.
Was going to say the same things. I have going near 7K miles now. Sound and engine noises are improving as it wares in for sure, especially wen trying to find Neutral at a stop. For warranty stuff. Look no one goes strait to HD for issues. you go to a Dealer, Get to know your Dealer and techs that are going to work on your bike and ask them questions. I would say 98% of them wont care if you add a Slip-on aftermarket exhaust. and really I haven't heard a single issue ever that has been linked to a muffler change. Now yes certain states have different laws, there is no federal all states rule with loud exhaust or emissions, only Cali as far as i know, but were i live we don't care. just keep the stock parts and slap them back on if there was ever a concern, and with slip-ons, thats 15mins and 6 bolts.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:50 PM
user 270303
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Tired of the buffeting??

Just listed a new set of fangs in the classified section if anyone has been thinking of pulling the trigger on some. I have already drilled the hole for the 2018 bolt pattern. Also listed the OEM screen I cut down from 17.5 to 11.5. Puts your head in clean air w/zero buffeting and looks really cool to boot. I've just decided to run it WS free and need some cash for a new helmet.

L

Old 06-28-2018, 12:58 AM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is my Rinehart Sound clip.

The following 2 users liked this post by Proctous:
kenny55 (06-29-2018), Thingfish (06-28-2018)

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread