2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 05:23 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieRay59
I have the fangs and just got my 19 inch Freedom Windshield. Bike is a lot better at hi way speeds now for me. I'm 6ft 2 in. I had the bottom half painted so it still looks stock.
Did you get the tint on it as well. I like having the bottom painted as well. It hides my cell clip on bars and just looks cleaner, I have a black bike and to me it just complements the blackout look. and pics of your bike would be great if you haven't done yet.

Old 06-12-2018, 05:53 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Spoiling the Image

I just ordered the brand new, just added to their site, XL Classic 2018 Softail Saddlebags from LeatherPro for my Cherry.
Love my bike but disliked the look of the stock bags from day one, and especially hated the latch that got in the way of putting anything in them that wasn't soft and squishy.
Hasn't happend to me yet, but I understand the stock bags have popped open to some while riding even though they were locked.
I'm looking foward to installing the new LeatherPro bags when they arrive (about a 2 week lead time I understand).
The price will be worth it just to get rid of those ugly studs (Only MHO).
I will post pic's after.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (06-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 06:47 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieRay59
I have the fangs and just got my 19 inch Freedom Windshield. Bike is a lot better at hi way speeds now for me. I'm 6ft 2 in. I had the bottom half painted so it still looks stock.
Are these the wind deflectors people are using (and modifying) for the 2018 Heritage?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...wind-deflector

Old 06-12-2018, 07:08 PM
texas30
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny55
Are these the wind deflectors people are using (and modifying) for the 2018 Heritage?

https://www.harley-davidson.com/stor...wind-deflector
I highly recommend these

No modifying....perfect fit and work great

https://www.jescustomaccents.com/Win...-P-SFTails.htm

kenny55 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 08:17 PM
StevieRay59
Tourer
Received 68 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
Did you get the tint on it as well. I like having the bottom painted as well. It hides my cell clip on bars and just looks cleaner, I have a black bike and to me it just complements the blackout look. and pics of your bike would be great if you haven't done yet.
Yes I got light gray tint also.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Dl.allen
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought the 2017 Harley fangs and drilled a new bottom hole and they look great
they work ok about 85 buffering reduction.
the JES fangs are direct bolt on and would likely work a lot better.
agree the stock bags pop open as I'm riding. Total fail when it's hot and sunny and they get softer.

kenny55 (06-13-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 10:12 PM
BCC1
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
Somebody tell me how that stock windshield works. Any buffeting?
I’m 6’3” and don’t find the buffeting bad. My most recent ride was a bmw gsa and it’s about the same.

i live in Florida and like a bit of breeze. I don’t mind clean air hitting my face. If I lived where temps were cold, I’d wear a full face. Arms relaxed, I find it ok.

My daily commute includes speed up to around 80. I’m a back roads guy, so very little highway droning. That might make a difference.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:46 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

I have the HD fangs on my '18 Heritage, work perfectly after a little re drilling. Comfortable up to the speed limiter. I took them off my '14 RK when it was traded in.

Old 06-13-2018, 07:09 PM
houseboatwayne
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Well Hell's Bells

Well picked up my new FLHCS last Wednesday morning with the day off and drove around till my arms fell off. Unbelievable handling, comfort, and new feature my old bike didn't have....PASSING! Sunday morning with 600 miles on bike I hear a scraping sound coming from back wheel. Down hill neutral did not change it. Press rear brake did not change it. Did not find anything rubbing. Maybe a warped rotor? It was enough to return bike to dealership Monday morning.

Monday evening dealership called me and said, We checked everything cleaned brakes but there is still a squeal coming from rear wheel. Do you mind if we keep it for another day so the service manager can look at the bike and talk to the factory? SURE

Tueday at end of day. We don't have an answer yet. Service manager has to look at several bikes today.

Wednesday toward end of day me calling. "Need to know what's going on with my new bike?" Well we are still trying to figure out where the squealing noise is coming from. "Two and a half days and you guys can't figure out where the squealing noise is coming from on the back wheel???" Well we think it's something from the belt guard. "A fixed piece of metal and it's squealing?" Let me get the service manager. "Thank you!" Hello? "Hi, can you tell me what's up with my bike?" We think it's something with the belt guard. We are going to loosen the belt, re-torque and align back wheel to see if squeal disappears. We will let you know.

My guess why they are being so cagey with me, they are having to jump through some hoops and check things before the factory will replace the rear axle. Who know's, sigh!

Sucks but I'll keep you guys up with this saga if your interested.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:18 PM
jeg1
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I have Fangs, Freedom shield, sundowner passenger seat, Tour pac and two up rack, windshield bag, saddlebag travel pacs all for sale in softail parts forum

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread