2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:07 PM
bgm
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by almico
I had a wonderful 50* ride to work this morning. Call me a sissy, but the new heated grips are heavenly.

I installed the larger windshield from Clearview. It's about 5" longer and 3" wider. The wind now sails right over the top of my helmet and around my hands. I needed goggles before. Now I can ride with sunglasses.

I had this windshield on my last water-cooled bike and the vent came in very handy. I can only imagine it will be used even more now. I'm contemplating blacking out the bottom like the OEM shield.

The Rinehart slip-ons are a bit loud now with the 114 kit. I'm thinking of installing Thunder Torque inserts in the baffles to balance the torque and temper the sound. Thoughts?

That's one big lump of windshield. Are you looking through it or over it?
What model is it exactly as I'm no rocket scientist and can't work out which one it is on their website.

Couldn't you've gone for one a bit shorter and added the re-curve option?

Cheers,

Old 05-25-2018, 05:22 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Couldn't agree more on the heated hand grips, they work great.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:21 AM
KVanRides
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom Audio install

Just brought home my 2018 Heritage Anniversary edition! Trying to install my Boom speaker & amp system. Bought the new wiring harness, got everything set up, but no power. Anyone run into issues installing this system?

Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 AM
user 270303
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Windshield question..... I have to get rid of this buffeting. Fangs cleared up 80%. Thinking I will order a freedom shield as well. The OEM shield is 17.5". Level with my chin. Should I go with a Freedom 19"? Level with the nose seems to be the answer? I know the recurve throws the wind higher anyway but if I am going to buy a new windshield I want the highest I can still see over. I'm 5'11. Any info would be very helpful as to what size any of you have installed and liked. Thanks!!

Old 05-25-2018, 09:34 AM
almico
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by bgm
That's one big lump of windshield. Are you looking through it or over it?
What model is it exactly as I'm no rocket scientist and can't work out which one it is on their website.

Couldn't you've gone for one a bit shorter and added the re-curve option?

Cheers,
It is big and I look over it. I'm 6'2" and long in the torso. The top of the shield is about 50' in front of the bike if I'm in good posture. But it is a bit too tall. I can raise my head up another 2" without getting any buffeting. But it is a very creamy ride. I told Clearview they made it a bit too long and they are willing to take it back, but it might be more hassle than it's worth. The jury is still out. I might get out the old laminate trimmer and customize it shorter myself.

Last edited by almico; 05-25-2018 at 09:41 AM.
The following users liked this post:
bgm (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 09:43 AM
almico
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sbob17
Windshield question..... I have to get rid of this buffeting. Fangs cleared up 80%. Thinking I will order a freedom shield as well. The OEM shield is 17.5". Level with my chin. Should I go with a Freedom 19"? Level with the nose seems to be the answer? I know the recurve throws the wind higher anyway but if I am going to buy a new windshield I want the highest I can still see over. I'm 5'11. Any info would be very helpful as to what size any of you have installed and liked. Thanks!!
By careful with the recurve decision. At least on mine, there is distortion in the area where it was bent. Makes it weird looking through for close up potholes and such.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:57 AM
jeg1
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sbob17
Yes at your height i would go with 19. I have no issues with the recurve

Old 05-25-2018, 02:22 PM
rcpbob
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by KVanRides
Just brought home my 2018 Heritage Anniversary edition! Trying to install my Boom speaker & amp system. Bought the new wiring harness, got everything set up, but no power. Anyone run into issues installing this system?
Why ? Nice lookin' bike. I see you have louder than stock exhaust. And you install the loud stereo. Why ? I listen to the bike.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:55 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,694 Likes on 1,470 Posts

Originally Posted by rcpbob
Why ? Nice lookin' bike. I see you have louder than stock exhaust. And you install the loud stereo. Why ? I listen to the bike.
Cause she can. Her bike, her choice. Your bike, your choice. Funny how that works, ah?

The following 4 users liked this post by Pothole914:
priell3 (02-23-2021), rainsong (10-20-2021), sgtjosh (08-19-2020), texas30 (05-26-2018)
Old 05-25-2018, 10:07 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reich002
Started riding last year and after just one year I had to upgrade, decided to go all out and got my first HarleyDavidson this year, begining of April, after seeing the 2018 Heritage I was hooked. Only changes I've made so far is new grips, mirrors, LED turn signals, LED break light, and did not like how the license plate was up top sticking out so I moved it below and added a medallion to cover up the holes. I think it turned out really nice. Next step is to get some new pipes, unfortunatly I havn't seen any other 2018 Heritages on the road to be able to hear any so still not sure what I will be getting.

please show more of this plate holder and how you mounted it!

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread