2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 03:12 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gscully
That’s a nice looking bike. I like the way it looks all naked. It’s nice having a bike that’s so alterable. I don’t know much but I don’t see why the same wires wouldn’t work if you’re just replacing the bar with a thinker one. I wonder if you would have to change the switch housing.
What kind of seat is that?
It's a Sundowner. Great seat.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Only thing that was missing was a Good sound to go along with the look, Stock is So damn quite. Next upgrade before anything will be Rinehart slipons.

Old 05-21-2018, 10:14 PM
texas30
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BCC1
This won't help at all.

My Heritage 114 reeked of gas when parked in the garage. When I took it in for 1st service, dealer said they couldn't find anything wrong. Still did it when I got home. When I took it back to have the cam put in, I mentioned it again and apparently they tore things down enough to tighten anywhere it might conceivably leak, but didn't find the cause.

Hasn't done it since.

So, neither I or the dealer knew what fixed it. But they did.

Good luck.
Actually, it does help because it shows the issue is not just my bike....

The following users liked this post:
BCC1 (05-22-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Why? Does not look like a Heritage when it is naked.
I like the versatility it offers.

Frank, could you post some pics of your paint mods? Your tank looks great in your sig but I’d like to see higher resolution pics. Also, would you mind giving an extended impression on your lowered rear shock? Do you feel like you’re sitting more ”in the bike”? If you’ve sat on a Deluxe, how does it compare? Has it reduced your cornering clearance greatly? Thanks.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:04 PM
Reich002
4th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Started riding last year and after just one year I had to upgrade, decided to go all out and got my first HarleyDavidson this year, begining of April, after seeing the 2018 Heritage I was hooked. Only changes I've made so far is new grips, mirrors, LED turn signals, LED break light, and did not like how the license plate was up top sticking out so I moved it below and added a medallion to cover up the holes. I think it turned out really nice. Next step is to get some new pipes, unfortunatly I havn't seen any other 2018 Heritages on the road to be able to hear any so still not sure what I will be getting.

priell3 (02-23-2021)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:06 PM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,474 Likes on 1,353 Posts

That's your first Harley? Dang son, you did it right!

Old 05-22-2018, 01:08 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Frank, could you post some pics of your paint mods? Your tank looks great in your sig but I’d like to see higher resolution pics. Also, would you mind giving an extended impression on your lowered rear shock? Do you feel like you’re sitting more ”in the bike”? If you’ve sat on a Deluxe, how does it compare? Has it reduced your cornering clearance greatly? Thanks.

Tank logo on my Cherry. All pinstriping done by a gentleman named Brodie who was at Rossmeyers Harley Davidson in Daytona just before the Biktoberfest last October.

As for the ride after installing the H-D Low profile rear monoshock: I realy can't tell any difference, except I can reach the ground better. I had sat of a '17 Deluxe that felt lower than what I have now, but that was quite awhile ago. I have a Reach seat that puts me more forward and lower and gives me a feel of being "in the Bike" even before the Installation. So I can't say that has changed at all.

I'm not a very agressive rider so I have not scraped the floor boards before or after installing the Lower shock. When I first got the bike, I had not ridden a bike of that size before, and was having a great deal of trouble doing tight turns, especialy U-turns. As a result I have had to do a lot of slow circles, figure eights and u-turns in a parking lot near me. I'm still practicing and have now done these figures before and after the installation with out any noticable difference. Got my circles down to about a 40 foot square box and much more comfortable with making a U-turn (a popular necessity on these devided highways here in Central Florida).

I am scheduled to have the front H-D Lowprofile Front suspension done by the dealer next Tuesday, 5/29. They will also be installing the shorter Jiffy stand then as recommended by H-D. If the rain here in Central Florida ever goes away, maybe by next week I should be able to give another impression of what the overall effect is then.

Thingfish (05-22-2018)
Old 05-22-2018, 01:17 PM
Reich002
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FatBob2018
That's your first Harley? Dang son, you did it right!
Yep, from a Honda 750cc to a Harley 114CI, LOL. If you're going to do something, gotta do it right. Go big or go home. It also helps that it is a beautiful bike.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:31 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Reich002
Next step is to get some new pipes, unfortunatly I havn't seen any other 2018 Heritages on the road to be able to hear any so still not sure what I will be getting.
If you read through this thread and some of the others that address the '18 Herritage you will find that most of those who have just added Slip-on's have gone with Rineharts, myself included. I find them not to be toooo loud, but loud enough when needed. They did make it sound more like what a H-D (I think) is supposed to sound like. There are a few youtube videos that you can find that let you hear what they sound like.

Frank

Old 05-22-2018, 01:41 PM
Reich002
4th Gear

Originally Posted by FrankEV
If you read through this thread and some of the others that address the '18 Herritage you will find that most of those who have just added Slip-on's have gone with Rineharts, myself included. I find them not to be toooo loud, but loud enough when needed. They did make it sound more like what a H-D (I think) is supposed to sound like. There are a few youtube videos that you can find that let you hear what they sound like.

Frank
Thanks, I did see those and am looking into them. Do they have a good deep rumble? I would preferably like to hear them in person but it doesn't look like that is going to happen, I'll just have to make due with the youtube videos.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread