The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by StevieRay59

Rineharts

I have 300 miles on my Rineharts. For me their a little too loud. Sound really good above 3000 but still to loud cruising from 2-3000.I guess 48 yrs
of bikes and rock n roll have me rethinking this bike lol. Gonna get another RB Racing Black hole 2/1 pipe, like I had on my 2014 Limited. Probably
sell these like new Rineharts. Getting old sucks.
I agree. I'm looking for something with quality sound but not super loud. I realized I needed pipes when a random guy approached me after rolling into the gas station. he asked if my bike was a Harley...? he couldn't believe how quiet it was. ha.

I'm wondering if SE Street Cannons are the way to go? or are they still too quiet? I'm not willing to buy them brand new, I can't believe the price of them.

Old 05-09-2018, 12:44 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
I agree. I'm looking for something with quality sound but not super loud. I realized I needed pipes when a random guy approached me after rolling into the gas station. he asked if my bike was a Harley...? he couldn't believe how quiet it was. ha.

I'm wondering if SE Street Cannons are the way to go? or are they still too quiet? I'm not willing to buy them brand new, I can't believe the price of them.
I have the Street Canons on my 114 with a stage 2 Torque Cam. They are very close to stock, just a tiny bit better. Not sure you’ll find many used as people need them for warranty compliance. Maybe more will be around after their warranty is over.

called Cobra, their Heritage/Deluxe pipes (model 6048) will be out in 6 - 8 weeks. The Breakout/Fatboy version is already in stores.

Last edited by Thingfish; 05-09-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:55 PM
almico
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Heel shifter

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I wanted to put a heel shifter on my Cherry. Was only available in chrome. Bought it and had it powder coated black. Fortunately, there is a local powder coating shop near by and for a small part, if you wait till he is doing a biger gloss black job, he will include the part at a very reasonable price. Did the same thing with a Helmet lock that was only available in chrome.
I’m thinking about a heel shifter as well. But I’m really enjoying the wide variety of foot positions I get with the long floor boards. Does the heel shifter limit where you can rest your feet?

Old 05-09-2018, 01:27 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 802 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Heel Shifter restricts foot position

Originally Posted by almico
I’m thinking about a heel shifter as well. But I’m really enjoying the wide variety of foot positions I get with the long floor boards. Does the heel shifter limit where you can rest your feet?
Because of the Floor boards I found the heel shifter is (for me) almost a necessity. With heavy boots, getting my toe under the shifter was difficult. Using the Heel shifter makes up-shifting very positive and easy.

However, to answer your question, yes the heel shifter lever does limit some what where your foot can rest on the floorboard, but I don't find it uncomfortable. I feel the positive value of the heel shifter outways the slight restriction on foot position.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:25 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I rode my Heritage for 188.6 miles and only 10 miles showing on the remaining fuel range. Stopped for gas filled tank up to the top and it only held 4.107 gallons. What's up with this? I thought we were suppose to have a 5 gallon fuel tank.
Cheers

Old 05-09-2018, 06:13 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by A1A
I rode my Heritage for 188.6 miles and only 10 miles showing on the remaining fuel range. Stopped for gas filled tank up to the top and it only held 4.107 gallons. What's up with this? I thought we were suppose to have a 5 gallon fuel tank.
Cheers
yeah i feel like there is a huge 1 gal air pocket sometimes. or they just lied about 5 gal tank. i even fill up while on stand so all gas is on one side. i dunno. seems effy.

The following users liked this post:
A1A (05-17-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a question for you guys. Do you go to the dealership for Service Internals, or do it your self. I did the 1000 miles service at dealer and for our 1 and only dealer in Hawaii it cost nearly $600. I am now at 5000 miles and contemplating paying for oil change at dealer or just do it my self.

Old 05-09-2018, 07:53 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

I think the Heritage is amazingly economical, I reckon I'm getting close to 50mpg. Don't trust what the remainder says, This tank can go over 200 miles depending on speed etc.

Old 05-10-2018, 03:26 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
Got a question for you guys. Do you go to the dealership for Service Internals, or do it your self. I did the 1000 miles service at dealer and for our 1 and only dealer in Hawaii it cost nearly $600. I am now at 5000 miles and contemplating paying for oil change at dealer or just do it my self.

$600 for a 1k checp up is a rip off. Should be included in the sales price. Anyway, I would do oil changes my self or find a good indie. Keep all receipts to prove work was done for warranty purposes.

BTW, I will be retiring to Oahu in the future. I have a place in Hawaii Kai. Thinking whether it makes sense to ship my 2018 Heritage Classic there or buy used whenever that may be. I love the riding there, but not sure if I would get island bored after a while. Are there plenty of rides to keep interest up? I see lots of baggers, just dont see the need if no over nighters needed.

The following users liked this post:
DESERT VIPER (12-12-2022)
Old 05-10-2018, 09:52 AM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
I use to do the oil change service myself. But I'm to old and or lazy to do it myself anymore. I don't really know if they check these new M8 machines through a computer. But if you feel capable and are just changing engine oil and filter. You might consider doing that yourself.
Cheers

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread