2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2018, 08:58 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Proctous
Another picture. I changed the Grips to something more comfortable. Also the Stock seat I didn't like so swapped it out for a touring one. same with the passenger seat. passenger back rest is the wider one as well. I think it fits well. Wife really want to see the Passenger foot boards made by someone. Also, Why in the World would HD have the shift lever black, but the other parts chrome and cheap metal. Been looking at a heel shifter kit but cant decide on manufacturer.
Congrats on the new bike! What seat is that, the "Hammock" ? I'm still looking for the right seat. How tall are you and do you find that seat comfortable? I am using the Tallboy seat, it puts me in the right position but looking for something a little more comfortable for long trips.

Old 05-05-2018, 09:30 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny55
Congrats on the new bike! What seat is that, the "Hammock" ? I'm still looking for the right seat. How tall are you and do you find that seat comfortable? I am using the Tallboy seat, it puts me in the right position but looking for something a little more comfortable for long trips.
I tried the Hammock seat. Harley has a demo program. For a $75 deposit, they'll let you try a demo seat for 24 hours. They assist in swapping it out, tag your original seat and place it in an area in the parts department. It has demo stamped all over it but it's a great way to try out the seat without buying it. It was more comfortable than the stock seat. The passenger seat is kind of angled into the driver and any time we went over a bump or when I braked, she'd slide into me and she'd have to scoot back. The seat was more comfortable for her too but that didn't work for us. I may try the Sundowner next which I used on my previous bike, an 07 Street Glide. On the Street Glide, after I wore out the Sundowner, I went to a Mustang touring seat which was an improvement over the Sundowner.

Old 05-05-2018, 05:32 PM
A1A
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 49 Posts

I confirm that. I just did first oil change. I let it drain while on the jiffy. Added 4 qts per service manual. Measured with cold oil and hot oil and was consistently on the low side. Added about another half quart. Per the service manual, I am mid stick with cold oil and 'full' with hot oil.
My engine reads the same cold or hot, right at #2 in Figure 44 Engine Oil Dipstick. What's up with that? Anyone know?

Old 05-06-2018, 09:54 AM
jeg1
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

https://ultimateseats.ca/harley-davi.../softail-seats Might be an option

Old 05-06-2018, 08:39 PM
Ronin99
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 107 Heritage with White Walls

So I finally have something to show on my heritage that's worthwhile. Yesterday I had my WW put on that I got in the deal from the dealership. Completely love this look. I think it breaks up all the black and puts a touch of gangster twist on the heritage. I also had them leave off the dog dish on the front wheel which shows off the great looking hub. The great thing about the '18 heritage is it's pretty done up from factory. To date I've added a CVO LED tail light, smoked turns and the WW. now I just need to add slip-ons and grips.

Any votes for exhaust on a bike like mine?

The following 2 users liked this post by Ronin99:
CSX66 (08-09-2019), DESERT VIPER (12-12-2022)
Old 05-06-2018, 09:00 PM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

I feel that the front end is a bit soft. It dives a lot under braking compared to my Dyna, which had traxxion springs and ricor intiminators with adj forkcaps. Has anyone just changed to heavier fork oil or done the full springs/emulator route?

Old 05-06-2018, 09:40 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm pretty sure I got the sundowner, and matching passenger seat. I like it a lot.

Old 05-06-2018, 09:56 PM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,180 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin99
So I finally have something to show on my heritage that's worthwhile. Yesterday I had my WW put on that I got in the deal from the dealership. Completely love this look. I think it breaks up all the black and puts a touch of gangster twist on the heritage. I also had them leave off the dog dish on the front wheel which shows off the great looking hub. The great thing about the '18 heritage is it's pretty done up from factory. To date I've added a CVO LED tail light, smoked turns and the WW. now I just need to add slip-ons and grips.

Any votes for exhaust on a bike like mine?

Like it. If I ever get one, I'll probably do the same - add white walls. I would have probably kept the "dog dish". To me it adds to the white walls and helps provide contrast to all that black. IOW's to me it helps give it pop.

Same idea as this guy...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-heritage.html

He added some bright work to his engine/primary, which to me makes it the nicest looking Heritage I've seen to date... And I'm not even a fan of vivid black.

The following 2 users liked this post by T^2:
CB5150 (12-14-2022), RENARELLO (04-07-2020)
Old 05-06-2018, 10:31 PM
Proctous
Intermediate
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Custom dynamics front led turn signals

Anyone having issues with the custom dynamics front led turn signals? They work fine, but now my fog lights wont stay on after I turn on the turn signals and it goes back to white. It kills the fog lights and wont turn back on unless I turn the whole bike off.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:18 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Looks great Ronin. Nice pics too.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread