Veteran: Air Force
Received 413 Likes on 279 Posts

I too have a grasshopper and it gives me plenty of support and is all I need

Old 12-30-2023, 12:04 PM
Old New Rider
Road Master
Received 346 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Axedude
It seems like people like the Hammock seat. My CVO has one and it’s the most comfortable seat I’ve ever had. I had one on my 2014 SGS and my 2020 Ultra Limited. My back needs a backrest! I’m looking for comfort.
in no hurry unfortunately. 4 more months of winter.
I thought the Hammock came with a back rest? Maybe it's an option? Anyway, mine came with it, maybe you can compare the MoCo option vs. the Grasshopper.

I hear ya re: 4 more months of winter - we got no snow in central MN and it's too cold to ride. No sledding or biking. Sucky.

Old 12-30-2023, 02:43 PM
Axedude
Cruiser
Veteran: Army
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

The backrest is an additional $175. I’m going to look at a Corbin seat too. I had one on my 90th anniversary dyna wide glide and really liked it.
Kind of funny, The stock seat on my ‘01 Heritage didn’t have a backrest and I never felt it needed one. The seat was all day comfortable.
The Grasshopper might be okay if Mean City re-did my seat. I guess you pays yer money and takes yer chances!

Old 12-31-2023, 06:19 PM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Hey, appreciate all the replies. I've had a Grasshopper b-rest on a previous bike, and was not a fan; we're all different. I definitely want one that folds forward, so may take a good look at the H-D Hammock before going the Ultimate or Saddlemen route.

Old 12-31-2023, 06:26 PM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
Hey, appreciate all the replies. I've had a Grasshopper b-rest on a previous bike, and was not a fan; we're all different. I definitely want one that folds forward, so may take a good look at the H-D Hammock before going the Ultimate or Saddlemen route.

Actually, the one on the bike in my signature pic ('22 Heritage which I sold, was ready for a change away from the blacked-out finish) is, I believe, a Hogworkz, very similar to the Grasshopper, but also has a set screw which enables you to clamp the rest down at any point where it slides into the receiver piece. The first thing I didn't like about it is my back was hitting the very bottom of the bkrest first due to the angle it sits at in the receiver piece, in addition to it not folding down forward. But, they are a nice price point for sure, and good that they do work fine for several of you.

Old 01-02-2024, 04:02 PM
txphatboy
Road Warrior
Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts

Posted this in Softail Mod thread, but thought I would add here for Heritage owners. Changed my air cleaner from SE Ventilator Extreme to a Tman No Loss. The Ventilator Extreme is known to be one of the best performance filters out there, so not expecting any gains, but I like the idea of a bigger filter and a velocity stack, and always liked the No Loss filter so went for it. The SE filter is for sale in Multi-fit if anyone is looking for one of these.

Also recently changed out handlebars from some fat 1.5” diameter straight and narrow drag bars to the FXR Division G series bars. I went with the black 14” model. I really liked the look of the narrow drag bars, but arms were going numb after 30 mins so finally bit the bullet and tried the FXR Division bars. As much as I have always liked the FXR bars, I immediately regretted the change and the look of the wider bars. I rode the bike and told myself if I got any numbness in my arms, I was going back to the narrow drags. Well, numb arms went away so I kept them on bike and the look has grown on me.

Last edited by txphatboy; 01-02-2024 at 04:04 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by txphatboy:
Candubrain (01-03-2024), CatEyeDallas (01-05-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 11:35 AM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 555 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by LTBiker
Actually, the one on the bike in my signature pic ('22 Heritage which I sold, was ready for a change away from the blacked-out finish) is, I believe, a Hogworkz, very similar to the Grasshopper, but also has a set screw which enables you to clamp the rest down at any point where it slides into the receiver piece. The first thing I didn't like about it is my back was hitting the very bottom of the bkrest first due to the angle it sits at in the receiver piece, in addition to it not folding down forward. But, they are a nice price point for sure, and good that they do work fine for several of you.
The bonus with the HD Hammoch seat is that you can take it as a demo from the dealer for a few days and try it out. I have a 19 Heritage and took one for long weekend. It was a short ride home (maybe 10 miles) and a longer day-trip the next day. Many back roads. Some stop & go and some highway miles. While it was comfortable, I knew right away it was not for me since I have relatively short legs and it raised up my thighs near the tank - maybe an inch. I'd have to be stretching for the ground on every stop. Not a big deal, but a deal-breaker for me. Comparing; I found the stock seat more comfortable all around. I did find the Hammoch seat more rounded in the actual butt area but yet not as padded in that area as I hoped. Again, that's just me.

Related, I asked at the dealership one day about the Saddlemen seats how could someone even think that was comfortable. Their response was that the sharper corner in the butt area was for those that do a lot of quick acceleration and go for faster speeds on a regular basis. Apparently the seat keeps you stationary better than a rounded seat where you'd be sliding all around. Sure, I suppose that makes sense. I don't ride that like and just sitting on a Saddlemen for a minute, for me, was awful. To each his/her own.

Back to the Hammoch seat, while I do not take passengers, I noticed there seemed to be more surface area than the stock passenger seat, since the sissy bar was much tighter to fit back on.

What I ultimately decided was to keep the stock seat and have it redone with Mean City this off-season. Custom padding, custom stitching, re-covering. I can't even wait until spring!!

Hope this helps.

The following users liked this post:
Old New Rider (01-03-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 12:09 PM
goodguybiker
Cruiser
Received 122 Likes on 51 Posts

What do yall think of the 2024 in Alpine Green? I've been waiting all of 2023 to see what colors they did for 2024 (i didn't buy in 2023 because I didn't like the colors as much), hoping there'd be a nice color to go with chrome. So for this year it's this dark metallic green. I was hoping for a more bright, gumball-primary type color, just a nice solid blue, red, or green. I'll have to see this in person though, because it does kind of give me that 1950's restored hot rod vibe. Maybe the one I pull the trigger on.

Big Al 59 (01-03-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 01:12 PM
Axedude
Cruiser
Veteran: Army
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

I think the Alpine Green looks great. If they had that color last year, I would have bought it.

goodguybiker (01-03-2024)
Old 01-03-2024, 01:45 PM
Old New Rider
Road Master
Received 346 Likes on 271 Posts

I dunno. To me Alpine Green kinda looks like emerald jewelry or something. Odd. Not really a biker color.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread