Originally Posted by Steve Sportster
8 inches
Thank you

Old 10-29-2021, 07:31 PM
S0L01984
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by txphatboy
Been looking for a black mounting bracket for windshield. Can't find anything for 2018+ unless it includes windshield, which I do not want. Is the current bracket the same as previous Twin Cam brackets? If so, I am seeing several black brackets for earlier model Heritages.
YOu can look at the installation instructions for the black windshield on Harleys site and find all the part numbers for all of the black hardware.

Old 11-02-2021, 09:52 AM
Rendezvous
Cruiser
Received 215 Likes on 81 Posts

My wife loves the back rest of the Viking tail bag I recently added.

The following 2 users liked this post by Rendezvous:
CB5150 (12-22-2022), rainsong (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 08:25 AM
wmprof
Road Master
Received 1,297 Likes on 446 Posts

Starting to use the Heritage for touring lately instead of the Road Glide Limited. Some days I'll just wander around turning wherever looks interesting. Sure would be nice to have a compass or Direction indicator and Maybe outside temperature. I can do without the altimeter that's on the Limited. I don't see either one of these functions on the Dakota Digital gauge. Any ideas?

My phone stays in the pocket. I know how to read the sun. Old and confused when cloudy out. I searched, but didn't find anything.

Old 11-08-2021, 10:28 AM
Bayou FLHR-M8-128"
Supporter
Received 566 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by wmprof
Starting to use the Heritage for touring lately instead of the Road Glide Limited. Some days I'll just wander around turning wherever looks interesting. Sure would be nice to have a compass or Direction indicator and Maybe outside temperature. I can do without the altimeter that's on the Limited. I don't see either one of these functions on the Dakota Digital gauge. Any ideas?

My phone stays in the pocket. I know how to read the sun. Old and confused when cloudy out. I searched, but didn't find anything.
I have a $20 Aluminum phone holder (Amazon) on handlebar and run the google maps continuously. It keeps me mapped on where I am going as well as warns for speedtraps (cops).
When just riding nowhere it is best as you can see where you come out on any given road.
And with connected to your USB connection right below tank on left side (softails) phone stays 100% charged.
Also use the corrected mph from Google maps to set my cruising speed.
Ride Safe✌

Old 11-08-2021, 11:24 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by wmprof

Here you are, only about $6.00 on Amazon. Works great. Sometimes the old-school solutions are still the best.

Amazon.com: VICTOR PRODUCTS INC Suction Cup Mini Compass : Automotive Amazon.com: VICTOR PRODUCTS INC Suction Cup Mini Compass : Automotive

The following 2 users liked this post by Uncle G.:
CB5150 (12-22-2022), wmprof (11-08-2021)
Old 11-08-2021, 09:44 PM
Since 1968
Road Master
Received 458 Likes on 304 Posts

You can get a look at the Aerostich site aerostich.com). In addition to jackets, gloves and motorcycle camping gear they've got things like air temp gauges and compasses for handlebar mounting. Their target audience is adventure bikes and the sport touring crowd, but most bike riders will enjoy poking around their catalog.

The following users liked this post:
wmprof (11-09-2021)
Old 11-09-2021, 12:14 PM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 555 Likes on 352 Posts

Yes, this question may have been addressed prior but here goes. I am only 700 posts into this thread LOL I own a 2002 Wide Glide which is awesome and I am keeping it. Through research, test rides of all sorts of HD models, and first hand experience (a recent 5-day rental - long story), I have decided on purchasing a Heritage in the Spring. Depending on the 2022 colors, and the all-chrome 114 rumor, then perhaps a 2018+ My wife also has a 2021 Heritage and, of course, her insight is always helpful. The bike is extremely comfortable on the longer rides. That said, I recently had a bruised tailbone injury. Severe but nothing broken. I am recovering nicely and I WILL be riding again!

My question is, I need to get the best padded seat I can find. Has anyone here had a similar injury and, if so, what kind of seat have you purchased that was helpful? If not, have you had the stock seat modified by a professional? I have always been all about a soft seat, car, truck etc., but now I have a specific reason. Again, this is assuming you are riding a Heritage.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by bduds65; 11-09-2021 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2021, 05:20 PM
flint350
Intermediate
Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

You might consider an Airhawk or Wild-*** cushion. The really good touring/distance seats like Mustang and Corbin are great - after you break them in. But, for the first several hundred miles, they are pretty firm and probably not good for your injury. I have had both the Airhawk air cushion and the more expensive Wild-***. Both work by inflating slightly above minimum with a cushion of air that is distributed over several pockets. The various pockets are of differing materials between the brands and (mostly) account for the big price difference. I was using the Wild-*** on my 21 Heritage 114 until my Mustang seat arrived and I now use that. But, the air cushion seats do work and are flexible by changing inflation to your situation.

Old 11-09-2021, 08:45 PM
bduds65
Road Master
Received 555 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by flint350
You might consider an Airhawk or Wild-*** cushion. The really good touring/distance seats like Mustang and Corbin are great - after you break them in. But, for the first several hundred miles, they are pretty firm and probably not good for your injury. I have had both the Airhawk air cushion and the more expensive Wild-***. Both work by inflating slightly above minimum with a cushion of air that is distributed over several pockets. The various pockets are of differing materials between the brands and (mostly) account for the big price difference. I was using the Wild-*** on my 21 Heritage 114 until my Mustang seat arrived and I now use that. But, the air cushion seats do work and are flexible by changing inflation to your situation.
Thanks Flint! I actually do have an Airhawk. I use it on long trips on my Dyna. If I am not fully recovered by the spring riding season, I will certainly use it. However for the long run, I will still be looking for a comfortable seat as a permanent solution. Again still hoping to find someone with a similar injury or tailbone issue. Many here have mentioned the Hammock.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread