2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 08:46 PM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket
Thanks - I think I am going for the Mustang. Corbin was my first choice and I priced it out this morning -$732. They included shipping! I don't think I can go wrong with the Mustang.

Stay safe.

Thanks to all for the input!
I bit the bullet and went with Corbin for the third time. It is simply the best. Check used ones you can score one at 350-400$ just be patient to find one

Old 02-16-2021, 05:20 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I bit the bullet and went with Corbin for the third time. It is simply the best. Check used ones you can score one at 350-400$ just be patient to find one
I don't doubt Corbin might be the best. I am hoping to do the stage 2 cam and that, along with a seat, stretches my wallet for the riding season coming up.

Did learn something from the Mustang factory yesterday. The support guy told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks before delivery - he mentioned Amazon and that it would probably be less expensive. He was right and I found 2 straight away, 3 to 4 day delivery, same part number, slightly less expensive and with Amazon, returnable. Corbin sales are final if I remember correctly. So, if I don't like it, I may return it, postpone the stage 2 and go with Corbin?????

BTW, BurBur2 - 3 times a Corbin guy, you must know Corbin well. I understand firm is better for the long haul Corbin's are firm to say the least. I owned one for a short time and traded my bike before I "broke it in". Do you ride 6 and 8 hour days and stay comfortable? I assume you do or you wouldn't stay with Corbin.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:15 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member

I don't doubt Corbin might be the best. I am hoping to do the stage 2 cam and that, along with a seat, stretches my wallet for the riding season coming up.

Did learn something from the Mustang factory yesterday. The support guy told me it would be 6 to 8 weeks before delivery - he mentioned Amazon and that it would probably be less expensive. He was right and I found 2 straight away, 3 to 4 day delivery, same part number, slightly less expensive and with Amazon, returnable. Corbin sales are final if I remember correctly. So, if I don't like it, I may return it, postpone the stage 2 and go with Corbin?????

BTW, BurBur2 - 3 times a Corbin guy, you must know Corbin well. I understand firm is better for the long haul Corbin's are firm to say the least. I owned one for a short time and traded my bike before I "broke it in". Do you ride 6 and 8 hour days and stay comfortable? I assume you do or you wouldn't stay with Corbin.
I try them all and hands down Corbin is the most comfortable. I like the fact these are genuine leather as this prevent monkey butt. What I really like is the fact I can ride all day get of the bike for few min and ride hours again. Yes this is all day seat for sure. On multiple fays trip my butt would hurt on day two being sore after all day long day riding but after that butt get use to it and after this is all good. I still take my airhawk with me as additional security but rarely use it. Personally I will invest in comfort first and then performance but it is just me. I bought my first 2 used corbins for 50% price of original and on this bike I went with new one as this model was too new to score used one but now they should pop out more often. I have seen 1-2 over 6 months so you might keep your eyes open and get lucky. To be honest I dont think I will ever buy any other seat for my bikes. After you order Corbin new you have one year to send it back for adjustment so you can really dial it in for you if needed but I never dod it as it was comfy from day one. This one I ordered without metal support for backrest as this metal piece was sometimes digging into my back. Pricey but worth it.

Old 02-16-2021, 09:59 AM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by Burbur2
I try them all and hands down Corbin is the most comfortable. I like the fact these are genuine leather as this prevent monkey butt. What I really like is the fact I can ride all day get of the bike for few min and ride hours again. Yes this is all day seat for sure. On multiple fays trip my butt would hurt on day two being sore after all day long day riding but after that butt get use to it and after this is all good. I still take my airhawk with me as additional security but rarely use it. Personally I will invest in comfort first and then performance but it is just me. I bought my first 2 used corbins for 50% price of original and on this bike I went with new one as this model was too new to score used one but now they should pop out more often. I have seen 1-2 over 6 months so you might keep your eyes open and get lucky. To be honest I dont think I will ever buy any other seat for my bikes. After you order Corbin new you have one year to send it back for adjustment so you can really dial it in for you if needed but I never dod it as it was comfy from day one. This one I ordered without metal support for backrest as this metal piece was sometimes digging into my back. Pricey but worth it.
Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered a Mustang and if I am not 100% happy, I will return it and shop Corbin. I looked back at my Corbin from 2 years ago and it was a really nice design. Certainly not matched by others in appearance. I just never rode in it long enough to know if it was worth the price.

Old 02-16-2021, 11:04 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and ordered a Mustang and if I am not 100% happy, I will return it and shop Corbin. I looked back at my Corbin from 2 years ago and it was a really nice design. Certainly not matched by others in appearance. I just never rode in it long enough to know if it was worth the price.
Mustang is good seat as well. The only issue I got with it was this straight wall on the back rather than rounded one on Corbin which make more sense ergonomically but many people are really happy with Mustangs so it is not bad seat by any means and reasonably priced for what it offers. Corbin price is just insane.

The following users liked this post:
Rusty Bucket (02-16-2021)
Old 02-17-2021, 12:03 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Hello
Just found a great price on Dakota digital MKL 2011 K gauge and I purchased it for my 2019 Heritage 114.
Through Walmart, don’t laugh , who works with PowerSports as one of their distributors, I purchased this gauge for $468.00.
The average price is around 520.00 and through Dakota it’s 545.00. I checked with Dakota rep and it fits my bike. They have 6 left if anyone is interested.
Stay safe

Old 02-17-2021, 12:16 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer

Originally Posted by Morish
Hello
Just found a great price on Dakota digital MKL 2011 K gauge and I purchased it for my 2019 Heritage 114.
Through Walmart, don’t laugh , who works with PowerSports as one of their distributors, I purchased this gauge for $468.00.
The average price is around 520.00 and through Dakota it’s 545.00. I checked with Dakota rep and it fits my bike. They have 6 left if anyone is interested.
Stay safe
I saw one of those gauges recently (was it yours?) and looked into it. I liked it but there was at least one function missing. I will have to go back and look unless you know and I would bet you do. I do like it and wonder if they have the condensation issue that all Heritages seem to have. That seems like a very good mod to have.

Looked into the stage 2 cam here in Louisville and their quote was about $500 more than expected - $1720 total. Going to rethink for awhile.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:32 PM
Morish
Road Captain

Mr. Hulkss posted this on one of his posts. I was looking at Koso digital gauges and decided to go with Dakota.
I hate the Harley syndrome of condensation. Plus I wanted a gauge that shows RPM and MPH at the same time that I can easily read. LOL
As you probably know, it’s a plug in and all you have to set is the mileage and time.
‘What function is it missing ?

Old 02-17-2021, 12:35 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,364 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
...snip...
‘What function is it missing ?
I'm guessing its the fuel gauge. The HD gauges have fuel gauge at the bottom of the display.

T.

Old 02-17-2021, 12:46 PM
Morish
Road Captain

Just called Dakota and spoke with Josh and it shows fuel just like stock gauge.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread