2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2021, 12:16 PM
Shades224
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
First off, thank you for your service. 🙏 Second THAT SUCKS.
There are used Heritages 18+ out there. Call around to different HD dealerships, you might get the deal you want.
Look on market place through FB . ( I hate FB ) .
With the new models coming out soon, you might find the deal you want.
You won’t be disappointed with the Heritage. I bought a 2019 in 2020. I got a great deal on it, the dealer wanted to move 2019 off the show room.

2019 Heritage 114
It was disappointing to say the least. That’s an awesome setup you have there. There is a lot on market place in my area I was just hoping to trade my current ride. The wife has a very strict one bike rule.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:18 PM
Shades224
Advanced
Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rusty Bucket
I have a suggestion - depending on your location (I see Georgia), try another H-D dealership. There are two in Louisville, KY where I am and I I assumed bigger was better so went to that one in 2016. Walked out thinking I would NEVER buy a Harley Davidson. They were rude, didn't take me seriously and I was trying to decide who / what to upgrade with. I had driven by a different dealership forever but just never went in - didn't want to have a thing to do with H-D. I read an article on the 2018 Heritage and out of curiosity and boredom one day, stopped by the "other" H-D place. I am on my second Heritage and third Harley. No comparison between the two and I enjoy every visit, know almost everyone there by name, and they know me by name. A long story to just say, try another place. I have been to Hellbender in Marietta a couple of times - very friendly, not pushy.

Good luck - the Heritage is a wonderful machine but they all are if you keep smilin' while ridin'.

I was gonna check out Hellbender, Macon, and Newnan. As for Fort Benning HD, never again.

Old 02-15-2021, 12:22 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

Lmao, she must know my wife.😂
I purchased my Harley from Tilley HD in Statesville NC. Great deal. I don’t know what shipping might cost or if you could get a ride up here. Give Mitch a call, he was my salesman . Easygoing, no pressure family operated. Might be worth a call. 704) 872-3883
Good luck

Old 02-15-2021, 12:26 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Shades224
I was gonna check out Hellbender, Macon, and Newnan. As for Fort Benning HD, never again.
I could be wrong but I would bet you will have better luck with any of those. Having been an anti Harley guy for so many years, I now stop in almost any of them that I pass by if I am on my bike (that's when I have the most time). I have not run into another dealership that comes close to my horrible encounter described. Hopefully you won't either.

Stay safe.

Old 02-15-2021, 01:07 PM
gtrb
Road Warrior
Received 160 Likes on 114 Posts

Hey y’all I’m in the market for a heritage right now. At 6’5” it’s the most comfortable seating position for me straight out of the box. Took a lengthy test ride the other day and was about to trade in my bonneville til I saw that 2020 heritage 107 priced 3k above MSRP with an additional $2,400 in dealer fees. 435 Freight 995 Prep 485 “other” and 399 “theft”. When I told the finance guy I won’t pay above msrp and want my military discount to start from msrp, as well as only paying freight he said well I guess you don’t want a Harley. I told him I do just not from you and I just walked out, I’m gonna get a used one instead. At least the test ride reaffirmed my need for a heritage.
A friend of mine, who lived in the Milwaukee area moved to Arizona. After getting settled he wanted another Harley. He bought it from a dealer in Milwaukee and shipped his brand new bike to Arizona. He did this all over the phone. All said and done, it was cheaper than buying one there. Maybe that would work for you.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:33 PM
LTBiker
Road Captain
Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Shades224 - sent you a PM.

Old 02-15-2021, 05:22 PM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

It was disappointing to say the least. That’s an awesome setup you have there. There is a lot on market place in my area I was just hoping to trade my current ride. The wife has a very strict one bike rule.
check Woodstock HD in Woodstock IL they ship all over the US

Old 02-15-2021, 05:38 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Hello Heritage folks.

I asked this question before but saw the 2018+ and thought I would throw this out there - I have ridden 23,000 miles on my 2019 Heritage and looking at a few upgrades / changes. I have found the OEM seat to be fairly comfortable after rides of 6 to 7 hours and over several days. Is there room for improvement? Expecting the world to settle down by May and heading from KY to Colorado. Has anyone replaced their stock 2018+ Heritage seat with an aftermarket?

I typically ride several 4-5 day trips a year, weigh 150 pounds and 5 '5"tall - the Heritage and I are a perfect fit.

Any opinions (on seat improvement, (not physique - ;-) ????
Thanks - if I get any more responses like yours, I will have more $$ to put somewhere else. Looking at stage 2.

Stay safe.
Just goes to show that everyone is different. I couldn't stand the stock seat or riding position on the Heritage compared to my old bike. Between the higher footboards and the lower seat, I felt like I was squatting on the bike and my tailbone would go numb after 40 minutes. At least when that happened the pain would stop. Seriously, I was ready to sell the bike in disgust when I decided to try going "old school." I mounted the old style sprung solo seat, and it was the best thing I ever tried. The bike is now perfectly comfortable to ride all day, every day.

Sorry, just one more picture. I promise I'll stop soon. Okay, maybe not.

The following 6 users liked this post by Uncle G.:
krvnrch (08-18-2021), NAPRA (03-20-2021), rauchman (02-17-2021), RENARELLO (02-16-2021), Rusty Bucket (02-16-2021), Superdog3:16 (02-15-2021) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-15-2021, 06:22 PM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

I installed a Mustang seat with driver backrest on my 2014 Heritage, it took a little time to adjust to my different seating position. It position me forward about 1 to 2 ‘’. After getting use to the change, I really enjoyed it . It actually put me into a better riding position.
I purchased a new 2019 Heritage 114 and ordered HD hammock Set with driver backrest. It’s a great seat and didn’t take any time to get use to it probably because of the Mustang seat on my 2014. The backrest saves my back and prevents that slouching that creeps in after riding for awhile. I might give a little edge to the Mustang seat over the HD Hammock seat. You wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.

Old 02-15-2021, 08:38 PM
Rusty Bucket
Tourer
Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
I installed a Mustang seat with driver backrest on my 2014 Heritage, it took a little time to adjust to my different seating position. It position me forward about 1 to 2 ‘’. After getting use to the change, I really enjoyed it . It actually put me into a better riding position.
I purchased a new 2019 Heritage 114 and ordered HD hammock Set with driver backrest. It’s a great seat and didn’t take any time to get use to it probably because of the Mustang seat on my 2014. The backrest saves my back and prevents that slouching that creeps in after riding for awhile. I might give a little edge to the Mustang seat over the HD Hammock seat. You wouldn’t be disappointed with either one.
Thanks - I think I am going for the Mustang. Corbin was my first choice and I priced it out this morning -$732. They included shipping! I don't think I can go wrong with the Mustang.

Stay safe.

Thanks to all for the input!

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread