2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 07:07 AM
Morish
Road Captain
Received 329 Likes on 201 Posts

I have 2019 Heritage 114 and love this bike too. I changed the windshield and bought ClearView windshield 18’’GT with curve and vent. It’s great, the wind goes over my head and just starts

touching the top of my helmet where the vent is. Wind buffering is pretty much gone. One thing, it doesn’t protect your hands from the elements.
I’ve been thinking about getting the reckless batwing but not sure how much hand protection it will provide. JES Customs is designing hand wind deflectors for our 18+ heritage. I’ve been in contact with him and his first design needs to be modified a little to achieve total protection. JES customs makes the lower wind deflectors that mount on your forks. They are great removing the up draft buffering. His hand protectors are designed for easy removal for the warmer weather.
Go to his web site and contact him and he will keep you updated on this new product. JESCustoms.com

Old 01-29-2021, 09:31 AM
jmatero
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
So, since all the things you're tried on your Heritage haven't worked, I guess I'll ask what helmet are you using, if any?
I have a Shoei RF1200.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:39 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Mart
This is what I experienced. TBH, I'm amazed more don't complain about it. I had the same experience with a Road King and Street Glide on test rides.
I think more don't complain because it seems to only be an issue with those who ride with a full face helmet AND a windshield. I ride with a half helmet and, yeah, there's some wind coming up from below the windshield, but it's not annoying at all until I'm over 90 MPH, and I never ride that fast.

Old 01-29-2021, 09:52 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,887 Likes on 1,226 Posts

I must be lucky. I've had dozens of motorcycles through he years, mostly HDs and the only time I ever experienced buffeting was when I wore a cheap, loose-fitting half helmet. I left that helmet on a bench somewhere and have never had a problem since, with or without a windshield, with or without a helmet. I usually ride with apes.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:05 AM
Morish
Road Captain

I have a Bell full face modular. This is my 3 modular helmet from Bell. I’m very happy with fit, I wish it was a little quieter. I have Cardo Bluetooth intercom, which is great especially when I upgraded to the JBL speakers. Also this helmet has good ventilation.

Old 01-29-2021, 11:21 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,226 Likes on 2,315 Posts

Originally Posted by jmatero
I have a Shoei RF1200.
Have you tried with a different helmet or no helmet? What about with the visor up or down? I know if I ride highway speeds with the visor up, I will get some buffeting from wind coming over the windscreen.

Old 01-29-2021, 02:36 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,364 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
I have a Bell full face modular. This is my 3 modular helmet from Bell. I’m very happy with fit, I wish it was a little quieter. I have Cardo Bluetooth intercom, which is great especially when I upgraded to the JBL speakers. Also this helmet has good ventilation.
I use the Shoei RF-1200 with Sena 20S EVO. I think it's pretty good
(with other Senas, never tried to connect with Cardo users).

Now I am wondering if I should have purchased the Shoei Neotech-II....

T.

Old 01-29-2021, 03:50 PM
Morish
Road Captain

I look at helmets like a pair of shoes. A quality helmet is essential in my view. Depending on the shape of your head, what ever quality helmet you end up with, that FITS you correctly, you’re good to go.
I had Sena and when I hooked up with this riding group they all had Cardo. I have to say, my personal opinion, Cardo is a better system. I love the voice control with the Cardo. When I had Sena, they didn’t offer ( I believe) voice control. The upgrade JBL speakers are very good. I think in the last year Sena upgraded their speakers.
Ya know, if your happy with what you have, that’s what matters.

HAPPINESS ISN’T AROUND THE CORNER
HAPPINESS IS THE CORNERS

Old 01-29-2021, 04:01 PM
WKNDS
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,364 Likes on 987 Posts

Originally Posted by Morish
I look at helmets like a pair of shoes. A quality helmet is essential in my view. Depending on the shape of your head, what ever quality helmet you end up with, that FITS you correctly, you’re good to go.
I had Sena and when I hooked up with this riding group they all had Cardo. I have to say, my personal opinion, Cardo is a better system. I love the voice control with the Cardo. When I had Sena, they didn’t offer ( I believe) voice control. The upgrade JBL speakers are very good. I think in the last year Sena upgraded their speakers.
Ya know, if your happy with what you have, that’s what matters.

HAPPINESS ISN’T AROUND THE CORNER
HAPPINESS IS THE CORNERS
I hear what you are saying - BUT around here, NO ONE uses the Cardo system. I did do some
research and I agree, everyone says the Cardo is better. But unless everyone uses it (which
here in DFW they do not) it's just alot easier to "conform".

T.

Old 01-29-2021, 04:10 PM
Morish
Road Captain

In total agreement with you. If it wasn’t for the group i hookup with, I would still have my Sena.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread