2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2020, 03:59 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Si
Ah! The dog bowl! Mine is sitting on the shelf in the garage along with the front fork refectors. I much prefer the look of a naked hub!! It's a shame HD didn't see fit to give the front disc some company!

About all the silly thing is good for.

The following users liked this post:
not_so_newb (09-05-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,768 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Hlgsn1

About all the silly thing is good for.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that point. To me it's one of the all too few things that makes the Heritage look like the 50's Panhead it pretends to be.

Mart (09-04-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 04:42 PM
SetoSeyer
Intermediate
Received 37 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by WarHorse15
I did the opposite. I needed a bike to crush miles so I got a Road Glide, I keep the Heritage because it is so much fun on the shorter trips.
Same here. My Heritage is my favorite bike but you can't beat the Road Glide on long trips.

Old 09-05-2020, 05:44 AM
Big Si
Cruiser
Received 91 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by pondscum
I don't buy that, the country of origin for my bike is the US, not China, and it has the hodgepodge of fasteners. With Apple it's a different story, China does most of the assembly of Apple products.

Sure, china has moved onto to 20thcentury a long time ago, H-D should have done the same. Only 3 countries still use the Imperial System.
Of all the countries in the world, only three still use the archaic Imperial system of weights and measures:
  • Liberia.
  • Myanmar (a.k.a. “the country formerly known as Burma”)
  • United States of America.
The US needs to make the move, should have done it a long long time ago, maybe after WW II.

Paul

I am from the UK, and old enough to remember and have used the British/US imperial system before "decimilisation" as it was called back then (in the '70's). It's strange because this country (depending on how old you are) still uses a hodge podge of mixed imperial and metric scales all the time. We still use phrases like 4 by 2 for timber (your lumber), most older housewives still buy groceries in pounds and ounces (even tho' the European Community keeps threatening us with fines!!). Most tradesmen still use both systems habitually eg. plumbers for pipe sizes....21/2 inch waste pipe or 4 inch soil pipe. Mechanics however switched over to metric years ago because it's simpler and more precise....back in the day we even had variations on the imperial system eg, Whitworth, SAE etc it was a bloody nightmare. If you ask someone from the UK how much they weigh, they'll tell you in stones and pounds, how tall?....feet and inches.....how far away London is?.....miles. (Funny one that as officially we still use miles not kilometers....I give up!)
Perhaps it's done to deliberately confuse people??
I must admit, I find it really annoying that H-D don't pick one system or the other....unless of course they make a lot of dosh on replacement fasteners??

The following 2 users liked this post by Big Si:
tmac00333 (09-05-2020), Uncle G. (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

I am from the UK, and old enough to remember and have used the British/US imperial system before "decimilisation" as it was called back then (in the '70's). It's strange because this country (depending on how old you are) still uses a hodge podge of mixed imperial and metric scales all the time. We still use phrases like 4 by 2 for timber (your lumber), most older housewives still buy groceries in pounds and ounces (even tho' the European Community keeps threatening us with fines!!). Most tradesmen still use both systems habitually eg. plumbers for pipe sizes....21/2 inch waste pipe or 4 inch soil pipe. Mechanics however switched over to metric years ago because it's simpler and more precise....back in the day we even had variations on the imperial system eg, Whitworth, SAE etc it was a bloody nightmare. If you ask someone from the UK how much they weigh, they'll tell you in stones and pounds, how tall?....feet and inches.....how far away London is?.....miles. (Funny one that as officially we still use miles not kilometers....I give up!)
Perhaps it's done to deliberately confuse people??
I must admit, I find it really annoying that H-D don't pick one system or the other....unless of course they make a lot of dosh on replacement fasteners??
After Brexit you dont have to worry about EU threatening you guy guys with any fines LOL

Phil13 (09-06-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 11:14 AM
RoxSy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Relocate the idiot lights

Hi guys !
I want to have my idiot lights around the risers area.
Now, I'm quite sure I won't be able to relocate them so I'm in the process of finding some generic idiot lights and see if I can modify the electrical harness.

As anyone tried that before ?

The simplest way would be to mount the speedo and the risers of the FXBB but hell, that thing is expensive ...

Old 09-05-2020, 01:47 PM
Big Si
Cruiser
Default Tank badge/emblem

I, for one thought the OEM Harley HC 114/107 tank badge was/is crap. I really like the Fatboy tank badge.....I think it's a great design so I thought I would change mine to suit.
What do you, the collective, think?

Old 09-05-2020, 02:53 PM
Big Si
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Burbur2
After Brexit you dont have to worry about EU threatening you guy guys with any fines LOL
Yes Burbur2, thats very true, although I am not too sure how far I would trust our present "administration" to run a bath, let alone a Country suddenly "unleashed" from the EU.. They (the govt.) have been very good regarding the Covid19 problems, whether that be for individuals or businesses. That said, I think we (as a country) are in for a major recession in the next month or so, with unemployment that hasn't been seen since the last proper slump in the '80's. I hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.

A good indication is my next nearest H-D dealer in Birmingham closing it's doors for good only last week.

Old 09-05-2020, 10:11 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts

I, for one thought the OEM Harley HC 114/107 tank badge was/is crap. I really like the Fatboy tank badge.....I think it's a great design so I thought I would change mine to suit.
What do you, the collective, think?

my buddy put the same badge on his streetglide....i rib him about it endlessly.
Dude that ain't no fatboy!!!!!
As long as you like it, don't matter what we think.

GrenV (09-06-2020)
Old 09-06-2020, 01:46 AM
Mart
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 293 Posts

Nope. Original suits better. I'd ditch the busy SE/K&N stickers too. But what does my opinion matter? Only saying because you asked.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mart:
GrenV (09-06-2020), Uncle G. (09-06-2020)

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread