The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2019, 04:09 PM
RoxSy
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Doglb
Added some cosmetic accessories...nothing crazy just making it my own
Blacked out the turn signals, LED tail light, lay down license...Saddleman low profile seat...more for me! Sissy bar and pad & some V&H slash cut slip ons that sound amazing given the fact they are slip ons! Waiting on some old school 3" round mirrors...

Nice saddle !
I've been considering this seat lately.
How's the position compared to stock ?
Can we have a few more pics from a bit farer and from the side to apreciate the line ?

Personally I bought the Badlander and regret it.
The fit is absolutely horrible. The seat is never properly seated, it doesn't feel safe nor tight.

So ... Looking for something else.

Old 12-20-2019, 05:21 PM
Doglb
Intermediate
Received 38 Likes on 12 Posts

Im someone who really enjoys the modern aspect of technology yet loves the old school look. I guess that would be the best way to explain me. The seat is definitely more narrow than the stock, it also drops you down in the pocket and pushes you can back a bit. Dont know exactly how much but you can tell. Im coming from a 1/2 dozen bikes all changed do to some inspiration I envisioned. The seat is firm and needs to be broken in for sure. I like the look. I am keeping the original just because I know the wife may or may not complain. Ive ran the badlander on my 03 Sportster and it worked for me 20yrs ago! But I also converted it into a hardtail & ran a suicide clutch! Also ran LePera bare bones...DLL even though Im shorter than most...I just enjoy that look...feel...I know its not going to be the most satisfying seat on the market, but again...look and function...I do day trips, nothing to long just because my work schedule does not allow it. So...not sure of what exactly you want or need, dont think it will be the most comfortable seat in the world, but then again I do not like the look or an oversized mattress sitting on my bike. I will get some more pics for you...hopefully you understand my thinking a bit more. Pics are a bit dark, light is not the best at night...I can send more in the daylight if needed...apologize...looking @ the pics they are pretty bad!

Last edited by Doglb; 12-20-2019 at 05:29 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 05:38 PM
RoxSy
Cruiser

I have the exact same bike, FLHCS.
The Badlander is a terrible seat for this model for now. I tried it on a Deluxe from 2015-2016 maybe ... I found it good at that time and that's why I bought one for my FLHCS. I was confident.
Well ... I should have read the comments on the Harley parts website.

That said.

Your seat is looking good though. I know that if you feel lower it's because you are a tad backed.
And if you want to go a little further on the front you'll be up a few mm.
Seems fair.

How's the back support on accelerations ?
(from stop lights or during a pass - I won't go to the drag strip and don't look further than Stage II)

A few more pics on daylight would be awesome.
But thanks already for what you provided :-)

Old 12-20-2019, 05:41 PM
Doglb
Intermediate

Sure I'll get ya some more pics tomorrow! The support as you can see won't plant you on the seat but Im use to riding the more low profile seats and know what to expect!

The following users liked this post:
RoxSy (12-21-2019)
Old 12-21-2019, 12:05 PM
RoxSy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Pothole914
Bought mine on October 20 last year. As of today, I have 7,915 miles on it. Did the Stage II with torque cam and Rhinehart slip ons. A few other do dads like, heal shifter and Tribal shifter pegs and brake pedal. Loving this bike.

Hey amigo !
That is a nice crashbar you have here.
Can you post some pics from the front to how it looks ?
Thank you Sir.

Old 12-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Doglb
Intermediate

Couple outdoor shots of the seat & a couple glamour photos!

Last edited by Doglb; 12-21-2019 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Added +1 photo
Old 12-21-2019, 07:37 PM
RoxSy
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Doglb
Couple outdoor shots of the seat & a couple glamour photos!

Thank you Sir.
I still can't decide if I like it or not.
The Drag Specialties Raptor seat (if I remember right) may be another option ...

Or maybe I should stop thinking about seats and wait a few weeks until it becomes more clear in my mind.

Thank you very much though.

Be safe

Old 12-25-2019, 07:53 PM
triumph900
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I think in general there haven’t been many sumping issues with Softails, but...I had a 100% stock 2018 Fatbob 114 that sumped around 1500 miles. I never really ran it hard, no bouncing off of the rev limiter, but I did ride it enthusiastically. When the dealer finally diagnosed it, it was hold about 16 oz. of oil.

Old 12-25-2019, 08:45 PM
Burbur2
Grand HDF Member
Received 871 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by triumph900
I think in general there haven’t been many sumping issues with Softails, but...I had a 100% stock 2018 Fatbob 114 that sumped around 1500 miles. I never really ran it hard, no bouncing off of the rev limiter, but I did ride it enthusiastically. When the dealer finally diagnosed it, it was hold about 16 oz. of oil.
Damn it so sumping Softail exists. What was manufacturing date on frame for yours?

Old 12-25-2019, 09:03 PM
triumph900
Road Captain
Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Burbur2
Damn it so sumping Softail exists. What was manufacturing date on frame for yours?
I don’t know. I sold the bike, but I’m sure it was a late 17. I’m considering a 2020 Sport Glide or Heritage. I know there have been numerous oil pump revisions including the latest 8 lobe version in late 19 and 20 models. I really want to believe the problem is resolved, but once bitten, twice....
I personally would not buy another M8 prior to 2020, but that’s just my biased opinion.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread