2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 11:56 AM
WarHorse15
Cruiser
Received 79 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by cjdyna
Anyone have any experiences with either the Harley led turn signals or the custom dynamics led replacement signals for both front and rear. I have had good experiences with custom dynamics but now that I am getting a new bike I want to hear from the experts. thanks
I went with the Custom Dynamics on all four corners and the Laidback Harley tailight.

I preferred the look of the HD tailight to the "K" branded one.

I also used Custom Dynamics Brake flasher/modulator. Install was easy and not a single problem was had. Hope that helps!

The following users liked this post:
cjdyna (03-19-2018)
Old 03-19-2018, 01:56 PM
Gizmo83
Road Master
Received 571 Likes on 314 Posts

Anybody got a picture of a Saddlemen step up or Explorer on their Heritage?

Last edited by Gizmo83; 03-19-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:08 PM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Capt Steve, You said that you could pay cash and they quoted you $23K OTD.

Go into the dealership with a check in your hand for $22K , hand it to who you are dealing with, tell him you are going out to lunch and will be back in an hour. Tell them that when you get back from lunch, you want either the check back or a signed deal on the bike.

Works about 90% of the time. You might even get the check back with them saying that they can't go that low. Leave and the odds are over 50% that they will give some reason that grudgingly will take your deal.

I have done that with buying both Cars and Motorcycles very successfully.........

Old 03-19-2018, 02:43 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking Good trick...

Originally Posted by Another Old Timer
Capt Steve, You said that you could pay cash and they quoted you $23K OTD.

Go into the dealership with a check in your hand for $22K , hand it to who you are dealing with, tell him you are going out to lunch and will be back in an hour. Tell them that when you get back from lunch, you want either the check back or a signed deal on the bike.

Works about 90% of the time. You might even get the check back with them saying that they can't go that low. Leave and the odds are over 50% that they will give some reason that grudgingly will take your deal.

I have done that with buying both Cars and Motorcycles very successfully.........
I l ike it! If they will commit to $23K I agree there is a potentially better deal lying in the weeds. Just spent an hour going through all of the receipts and add ons to my current bike and decided I would not part with it for less than $8K. Started to appreciate what I have, a great bike and what I do not.... any debt. Think I will go for a ride as I always come back smiling.

Old 03-19-2018, 09:51 PM
cjdyna
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Capt Steve. Mine was pretty low miles. Stage 1 forward controls windshield pretty standard stuff they gave me 8500 Our tax is 8% so we are pretty close. Trading also saved me the tax on the trade so I didn’t think it was worth selling outright. They got about 9600 for it

I agree it was a great ride. I just loved the look of the FLHCS. everything I read about it loved so I said F it and went for it. Now if the crap weather would stop all would be good

Last edited by cjdyna; 03-19-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:14 PM
Capt Steve
Road Captain
Received 244 Likes on 90 Posts
Talking A few miles but lots of goodies...

Mine is loaded... {check my sig pic} Memphis Shades batwing fairing/windshield, Sundowner cruising seat, Leather Lyke bags and Top Case, Stage One tuned - Screaming Eagle Hi Perf AC, Vance and Hines Propipe 2 into 1, FP3 Fuelpak Tuner, new Progressive 444 shocks, new wheel bearings front and rear, Metzler ME 888 tires w/lo miles, Highway bars with Halogen driving lights, head light modulator, chrome swingarm and derby covers, upgraded speedo w/tach, new battery, DC cigarette ligher outlet on the handlebar, +++

I bought the bike 2 years ago from the original owner, my good friend and next door neighbor. In 7 years he put 18K miles on it, my first year so did I, currently 46K. At 77 Ron decided after 60 years of riding that the SG was getting to be too much bike.

Ron is one hell of a mechanic, used to teach motorcycle maintenance {BMW and Harley} at a community college up in Oregon so naturally the bike has been impecibly maintained from day one. I have a great Indie for anything I can't handle.

Never down or dropped with gorgeous Vivid Black paint. Have full service records, every 5K miles oil and filter change, trans and primary every 10K with nothing but Syn 3. Doesn't leak or burn a drop, ever... I'm thinking $8K or I'll keep it, so why am I thinking of selling???

Acturally might just hang on to it but the 2018 HC with the 114, ABS, new suspension etc not to mention the Wicked Cherry paint job is still calling out to me... either way, life is good!

Old 03-20-2018, 08:41 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Steve
I l ike it! If they will commit to $23K I agree there is a potentially better deal lying in the weeds. Just spent an hour going through all of the receipts and add ons to my current bike and decided I would not part with it for less than $8K. Started to appreciate what I have, a great bike and what I do not.... any debt. Think I will go for a ride as I always come back smiling.
$23k OTD isn't a bad price for what you're getting. I went with the Anniversary Heritage 114 and ended up at $24k OTD. You'd be getting a slightly better deal than I did. They gave me $7k on my trade. An 07 Street Glide with 96k miles which booked out at $7k without considering the mileage which should have dropped it down quite a bit. My 07 had lots of extras: Racetech fork internals w progressive springs, Ohlin's 13.25" custom valved shocks, bagger brace to tie in the rear suspension and frame, Luv Jug fans, Carbon fiber inner fairing shell, All LED lighting, factory amp for the stereo, mustang touring seat, RB Racing header, SE 204 cams, Heavy breather intake, Power Commander V tuner with wide band ox sensors for autotuning.

The Extras helped capture the full trade in value even with the high mileage. I love the new bike. The handling, performance with a lighter bike with the 114, I have absolutely no buyers remorse. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 03-20-2018, 09:09 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

A nice little ride last Sunday. Had a great lunch at Two Wheels of Suches, Georgia.

The following 3 users liked this post by Another Old Timer:
BCC1 (03-20-2018), CB5150 (12-22-2022), Thingfish (03-21-2018)
Old 03-20-2018, 05:08 PM
texas30
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Added the Viking swing arm bag... Looks like the HD bag for $100 less

The following 3 users liked this post by texas30:
DESERT VIPER (01-11-2023), Thingfish (03-21-2018), tmac00333 (11-12-2019)
Old 03-20-2018, 08:08 PM
texas30
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Still looking for a fender bib. I have spoken with a couple of places that can make one but it would be nice if someone made one model specific.

And if I'm wishing a 115 one... black leather with blue stitching (just like the seat) with the 115 logo.....

The following users liked this post:
duckf5 (01-06-2021)

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread