2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 07:49 AM
MMLee
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Yes, the heel shifter will help some and it will get a little easier to find neutral after a while, but it is not going to get "very easy". Over 9K on mine and still not very easy.

Also, ask for a clutch adjustment at 1K service...may will help a little.

Finding neutral on the the new softails seems to be difficult for many.

I went through this with my Victory- switched out to a Barnett cable, get frequent adjustments. I'm bummed that I"m going through this AGAIN. Any HD I've ridden shifting was smooth.

Old 08-01-2019, 09:29 PM
pondscum
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Somehow, my dealer managed to find a black shift lever for my Heritage. I didn’t ask how.
Likely the dealer powder coated one for you either in house or has it done by a vendor. A professional PC shop can make it happen in any color you want. I recently had wheels, engine guard, tank guard, hand levers on my adventure bike PC'd in Honda racing orange. All things are possible.

Paul

Old 08-01-2019, 11:16 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer
Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle G.
Somehow, my dealer managed to find a black shift lever for my Heritage. I didn’t ask how.
Ummm......he just give ya the same one as the toe shifter but put the rubber on the other side.
Ya just need the gear lever with the longer splines. Boom done.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:00 AM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

Originally Posted by pondscum
Likely the dealer powder coated one for you either in house or has it done by a vendor. A professional PC shop can make it happen in any color you want. I recently had wheels, engine guard, tank guard, hand levers on my adventure bike PC'd in Honda racing orange. All things are possible.

Paul
Sorry but sending out for powder coat is not in the p and a catalog. And certainly not in the Harley how to sell parts training.
Happy that the o/p is happy.
But i am sure it never happened this way.

Old 08-02-2019, 12:28 AM
pondscum
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Hlgsn1
Sorry but sending out for powder coat is not in the p and a catalog. And certainly not in the Harley how to sell parts training.
Happy that the o/p is happy.
But i am sure it never happened this way.

Oh my, shame on the dealer that have helped me out in ways not in their training guide or corporate policy. Good people they are, they make me happy, they make me smile, and as long as I'm smiling they'll have my business.

Yesterday I make a deal on a new Softtail Heritage and I can assure, that even today, some dealers will quietly play outside the box if you establish the right relationship with them.

FYI: From about 1993 till 2002 the lady in my life at the time owned an H-D dealership. It was then I started riding H-D along with my other bike. I know two other dealership owner very well and at time have ridden with then. They too will, at time, play outside the box for friends and good customers they trust and respect.

Paul

Old 08-02-2019, 06:42 PM
Marks57
Tourer
Received 54 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Hlgsn1

Blacked out the windshield trim. 2 hp increase and 3 more ft lbs of torque..........😎

I like that

Old 08-02-2019, 08:16 PM
Hlgsn1
Tourer

Originally Posted by Marks57
I like that
Just did the front 3 peices. Pretty cheap.
And a 17 inch long ride shields window.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:43 AM
Another Old Timer
Tourer
Received 152 Likes on 104 Posts

Just installed a Metzler Cruzetec rear tire on my 114 Heritage with a HD Torque cam and HD reflash. Only about 70-80 miles so far, feels good, but time will tell. So far the stock tire, then a Commander II, then a Elite 4 and now the Cruzetec. Don't spin the tires or do wheelies or anything like that. I ride the Softail Heritage like I ride my BMW's here in the Smokey Mountains. Do enjoy riding with the Sport bike riders up here in the twisties and have no problem keeping up..........at all. This bike is a great motorcycle that happens to be made by HD. The bike now has 12,000 miles.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:08 AM
sandrooney
Road Master
Received 262 Likes on 176 Posts

You have been through a lot of tires for 12,000 miles.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by sandrooney
You have been through a lot of tires for 12,000 miles.
I was thinking the same thing. No shortage of canyons where I’m at and mine last a bit longer.

i’m currently on Commander II. Much better than stock regarding road tracking. Been happy with them.

What prompted the swaps and how have you liked the other tires?

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread