2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014 | 02:11 PM
2WELN
Intermediate

Just called my dealer and they had no details yet but told me not to ride my bike. They scheduled to come pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Old 09-10-2014 | 02:22 PM
oakmossy
Road Warrior

Mine says one open recall dated yesterday. Mine is a year old.
same here. My Bike was manufactured in 8/12/2014 and I took delivery in 9/19/2014. So it looks like bikes are being recalled from the beginning of the model year 2014.

frustrating to say the least. Wish I could get my money back. I am not freaking but at these prices these bikes should be made correctly and Harley needs to stop imposing on the loyalty of their customers.

Old 09-10-2014 | 02:39 PM
Six7One
Tourer

Called and got on the schedule for next week. Dealer was not aware of the details. But they were cool about getting me on the schedule. I used to dismiss the year one comments. But now, I am wondering about how many of the 2014 FLH series bikes are having recalls.

Still love the bike, but becoming leery.

Old 09-10-2014 | 02:41 PM
lazye
Cruiser

i'm wondering why after 2 days the HD website is not offering any more details but the dealers say parts are coming on the 15th. What parts?

sounds like HD is being cautious about how they release the details in fear of the lemon law.

Old 09-10-2014 | 02:52 PM
Six7One
Tourer

Originally Posted by lazye
i'm wondering why after 2 days the HD website is not offering any more details but the dealers say parts are coming on the 15th. What parts?

sounds like HD is being cautious about how they release the details in fear of the lemon law.
Maybe. With the myriad of laws, it may be that the internal communication and the "public" are not in sync. Not unusual really. It is not even on the NTSB site. So this is likely initiated by the MOCO.

Old 09-10-2014 | 05:17 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

Originally Posted by DieselDave24v
Mine works fine. I have had the bike for 2 months and put over 4K miles on it in that short time. I am confident in it. I think people are freaking out for no reason. I will continue to ride it everyday until the dealer has plenty of whatever parts are determined to be bad in stock. Maybe I will get lucky and they will have them in stock for my 5K miles service.
D Dave you hit the nail on the head man! WTF is the matter with ppl anyway.....jeez we're coming on to the end of the riding season. Check out some of the other builder's sites and see the bitching that goes on - a guy with a relatively new Indian Chief wanted them to take the bike back with less than 1k miles on it. C'mon folks....,.have a little more faith in your product and in the MOCO. They will do what is necessary to set things right. And NO I don't drink HD Kool-Aid and buy whatever they happen to say but on matters of safety......honestly....do you think they would open themselves up to a major shitstorm lawsuit?????

Lobo

Old 09-10-2014 | 07:02 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Was talking to a co worker today, he told me his Cadillac has had 11 recalls so far. Every car or truck I've ever owned has been recalled at least once, most several times.

Back before the interweb, the way we'd find about recalls was to get the notice in the mail, or maybe hear on the news.
By the time we'd get the notice the dealers would be all set. Except the Ranger's cruis control recall, had to wait 3 months for parts, had to make two trips- one to unhook the cruise control and the other to fix it. Annoying, but really not that big of a deal.

Now we find out about this stuff immediately, and get all worked up because we have to wait a few days for the dealers to get parts, etc...

Which way would you prefer? Knowing quickly and have to wait a bit, or not find out till after the dealers were all set. Can't really have it both ways.

Old 09-10-2014 | 07:39 PM
scottt
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadkinglobo
D Dave you hit the nail on the head man! WTF is the matter with ppl anyway.....jeez we're coming on to the end of the riding season. Check out some of the other builder's sites and see the bitching that goes on - a guy with a relatively new Indian Chief wanted them to take the bike back with less than 1k miles on it. C'mon folks....,.have a little more faith in your product and in the MOCO. They will do what is necessary to set things right. And NO I don't drink HD Kool-Aid and buy whatever they happen to say but on matters of safety......honestly....do you think they would open themselves up to a major shitstorm lawsuit?????

Lobo
Could not agree more! When Buyers start asking for their money back over a recall I question the motives, some buyers get buyers remorse and start looking for a way out.

Old 09-10-2014 | 07:44 PM
CipoWins42
Road Captain

My car, recalled, it's a Chevy of course.
My Honda atv, recalled twice, same issue.
I'm seeing recalls daily. H-D is no worse than the others.
Did you see the G-Wing was recalled again?
Seems everything is being recalled.

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:12 PM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain

My dealer called me today regarding them ordering me a new '15. Guess what he tells me? They have been told not to deliver any more bikes until they are fixed. Estimated to be on or about the 22nd or 23rd! He was not happy. It's bike week this week/weekend in OC, Maryland. It's a big event and they took all their 2015's and some 2014's to the show. Now they've been told they can not deliver any of them no matter what. Sure they can "sell" them... yeah right. Who wants to buy a bike at bike week and have it hauled back to be picked up a week or so later. He told me they're going to lose a ton of business and I agree. Sucks.

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****