2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014 | 11:15 PM
nicliv
Cruiser

I just came from th dealer and nothing was said to me about this. I would think he thought I couldn't handle any more bad news about my 30,000 pain in the ***. They could also not have known about the recall. Some times people here are more up on things then they dealers. SELL!SELL! SELL! service.

Last edited by nicliv; 09-09-2014 at 11:18 PM. Reason: adding
Old 09-10-2014 | 07:21 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
Was that on a 14 or a 15? Dealer didn't say for sure if the recall affect the 15's. He just said they couldn't deliver any new ones until repaired and the recall was just issued so I'm assuming it applies to the 15's also. Maybe someone with a 15 will look up there VIN on HD's website and let us know if there bike shows the recall also.
It was a 14 Street glide, but being brand new sitting there, and the clutch master goes out

Old 09-10-2014 | 08:04 AM
nightrodjc
Intermediate

I don't no why they are having so much trouble with this hydr. clutch set up..The only thing I have done to the hydr. clutch on my 06 nightrod is change the fluid once a year. So far my tk clutch is acting fine..

Old 09-10-2014 | 08:48 AM
joenash
Cruiser
Default clutch

I was just reading this and went to the HD website and I think it is pretty Bad, I put in my vin in and it has the info on the brake recall but the new recall, just says to bring the bike to the dealer, that is no good , I mean you don't know if you should ride your bike or have it towed there, I mean it could be for a headlight switch , that is a safety issue , but you can still ride the bike, I guess they don't want to have everyone panic and have bikes towed to the dealer and have a bunch of bikes sitting at dealers till they get the parts.
Also how do you know if they will be sending out a recall letter, it don't say, I got a letter for the brake recall.

Old 09-10-2014 | 08:51 AM
Greg2012FLHTK
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by joenash
I was just reading this and went to the HD website and I think it is pretty Bad, I put in my vin in and it has the info on the brake recall but the new recall, just says to bring the bike to the dealer, that is no good , I mean you don't know if you should ride your bike or have it towed there, I mean it could be for a headlight switch , that is a safety issue , but you can still ride the bike, I guess they don't want to have everyone panic and have bikes towed to the dealer and have a bunch of bikes sitting at dealers till they get the parts.
Also how do you know if they will be sending out a recall letter, it don't say, I got a letter for the brake recall.
They are required to send out letters on safety recalls. But unfortunately sending out thousands of letters takes time. I had the brake recall completed almost a month before I received the letter.

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:29 AM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

Called MOCO, they said yes there is a new recall, clutch master cylinder, but couldn't give me any info. i called my dealer they said there isn't any recalls, i said just for grins run my VIN, they did, they said damn there is one, Sep 8, we'll check it out.

I said good, call me, i can bring it in anytime.

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:35 AM
DieselDave24v
Cruiser

Mine works fine. I have had the bike for 2 months and put over 4K miles on it in that short time. I am confident in it. I think people are freaking out for no reason. I will continue to ride it everyday until the dealer has plenty of whatever parts are determined to be bad in stock. Maybe I will get lucky and they will have them in stock for my 5K miles service.

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:37 AM
jester0618
Road Captain
Veteran: Navy

I called my dealer who acknowledged that a recall did exist. He asked if I had the recall number, which is not yet listed. He took my name and number and added it a long list waiting on parts to come in. Should I ride or......hmm. Sucks being held at bay like this, not knowing when to ride or not.

Old 09-10-2014 | 10:01 AM
Howler_LI
Road Captain

By VIN, my bike shows the new open recall.

The clutch master cylinder was rebuilt under warranty in May due to dragging followed by complete failure. I wonder if the rebuild parts used then are different from what they are preparing to ship now?

By the way, you can stall the engine with the brakes or use the kill switch. Make a mental note to be prepared.

Old 09-10-2014 | 10:12 AM
The Pawnbroker
Road Captain

Just to state the obvious. Under the circumstances, I would be putting the bike in neutral at lights and any other stops. Don't rely on the clutch lever for now. Would NOT be fun being pulled in front of a semi.

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****