Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2014 | 04:45 PM
sft-tale
Advanced

Originally Posted by sft-tale
I had the clutch recall done yesterday and I find neutral is a lot harder to find than it was before the update. Prior to the recall all I had to do was tap on the heel shifter and it went right into neutral. Doesn't do that anymore. I also have Redline transmission fluid.

Just got back from another ride and finding neutral seems to have gone back to normal. All I do is tap the heel shifter and she pops right into neutral again. Other than that, I see no noticeable differences.

Old 09-20-2014 | 06:16 PM
Brewmany
Elite HDF Member

Took the bike in this morning for the recall, took about an hour. The tech said nothing was wrong with the parts they replaced, and so far they have not seem any bikes in for this recall that had any part failures.

Don't really notice anything different about the clutch, seems the same as it was before the fix.

On an aside, I peeked in the tour pack of one of the 2015 Limiteds on the floor, and noticed it contained the HD tool kit. I didn't get one with my bike. I told the sales guy that I didn't get the item, so he handed me one. Not the biggest deal in the world, but hey, it's something.

So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Old 09-21-2014 | 07:37 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Brewmany
Took the bike in this morning for the recall, took about an hour. The tech said nothing was wrong with the parts they replaced, and so far they have not seem any bikes in for this recall that had any part failures.

Don't really notice anything different about the clutch, seems the same as it was before the fix.

On an aside, I peeked in the tour pack of one of the 2015 Limiteds on the floor, and noticed it contained the HD tool kit. I didn't get one with my bike. I told the sales guy that I didn't get the item, so he handed me one. Not the biggest deal in the world, but hey, it's something.

You should have gotten that tool kit with your 2014, I did. It's rather worthless though. I wish they included something more robust. I had a shifter peg fall off and didn't even have a allen key in there to swap the rear one forward. Luckily one of my riding buddies had a rather complete set of tools with him.

Old 09-21-2014 | 04:50 PM
RickDM
Road Master

Originally Posted by Brewmany

Friday when I was in for my recall, I noticed other Limiteds had the saddle bag and tour pak luggage. I told them that I received the headset and heat deflectors when I took delivery of the bike in May, but did not receive the luggage. They took my vin number and looked in their storage area. To my surprise and delight, they came out with a sealed bag containing the luggage, headset, and mid frame heat deflectors. When I told them I already received the headset and deflectors, they told me to keep them and just promise to send referals for possible sales to them. I nearly hit the floor! I was very happy to get the luggage, but I was delighted to get the second headset because I need it and was planning to eventually buy it. To top it off, they reflashed my passing lamps to stay on with the high beams without charging me a penny. I am delighted with my bike and my Conyers Georgia dealer's good will.

Old 09-24-2014 | 11:04 AM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Huh, called Tuesday, and no kits leftover still. My Dealer is waiting for next shipment. He likely had them all put on the newer bikes for sale first, then promised the rest to people coming in for service just after the recall was announced, now they are all spoken for. Oh well, again, I'm not concerned. If need be I will trailer it there once the snow flies here, lol.

Old 09-24-2014 | 12:05 PM
hillbillywhisperer
Tourer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rickdm
friday when i was in for my recall, i noticed other limiteds had the saddle bag and tour pak luggage. I told them that i received the headset and heat deflectors when i took delivery of the bike in may, but did not receive the luggage. They took my vin number and looked in their storage area. To my surprise and delight, they came out with a sealed bag containing the luggage, headset, and mid frame heat deflectors. When i told them i already received the headset and deflectors, they told me to keep them and just promise to send referals for possible sales to them. I nearly hit the floor! I was very happy to get the luggage, but i was delighted to get the second headset because i need it and was planning to eventually buy it. To top it off, they reflashed my passing lamps to stay on with the high beams without charging me a penny. I am delighted with my bike and my conyers georgia dealer's good will.

sweet!

Old 09-24-2014 | 03:24 PM
sabot
6th Gear

I went to have mine taken care of at Patriot Harley in Fairfax, they said they had the parts and a slot but that they had to take care of THEIR customers first. Meaning those that had bought a motorcycle from them. So called Battley HD and they told me bring it on in and we will take care of it. I guess since I'm not a Patriot customer, my money is no good there either. Planning on some upgrades and I will be going out to Battley to get them done.

Old 09-24-2014 | 07:56 PM
HMark63
Cruiser

My dealer called today...taking mine in Friday morning to get the recall done.

Old 09-24-2014 | 08:11 PM
PopsHD
Road Warrior

Got mine done today but not pleased with how my dealer handled this recall. No sense in belly-aching about it now. I'm just glad it's done.... as least until the next recall notice.

Old 09-25-2014 | 01:10 PM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Just curious, but has anyone received the recall letter from the MOCO yet? I haven't. Thought that was required for NHTSA mandated recalls.

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****