2014-2023 Touring Models This Section Is For Rushmore/2014-2023 Touring Models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014 | 10:56 AM
CaCruizin
Tourer

I have noticed neutral is a lot easier to find and the clutch is not as heavy now after the clutch part has been replaced.

Old 09-19-2014 | 02:18 PM
babygorilla
Road Captain

Found out about the recall from a buddy yesterday, called local dealer this AM, "parts not in, call back on Tuesday".
Although I am none too concerned, after all, anybody have a cable break on a clutch? Can't be any worse than hydraulic plunger failure. You ride a motorcycle right? Just by DOING that you put your *** on the line with all the freaking texting cagers out there oblivious to us. So you're going to stop riding just because there is a "possibility" that a failure might occur? As I said above, a cable for a cable operated clutch can snap at ANYTIME. No difference between the two what the outcome could be.
Me, I just hope I can get it fixed before the snow starts flying up north.

Old 09-19-2014 | 05:35 PM
Just Me
Road Warrior

Had mine done today as I waited but they wouldn't let me out of there without also doing the brake line recall that I already did myself.
No problems as with the other 2 recalls and the clutch feels the same as before.

Old 09-19-2014 | 05:53 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Had mine done today too, asked again about the primary noise and although the tech took it out for two rides, they "couldn't reproduce it". The service guy said they listen for abnormal noises and if the didn't hear anything abnormal, the noise I'm hearing must be normal, I guess trying to justify that the noise is normal. Guaranteed to Dec. 2020 so I have time...clutch was fine, I really didn't feel any difference on the 25 mile ride home.

Old 09-19-2014 | 06:46 PM
sft-tale
Advanced

Originally Posted by CaCruizin
I have noticed neutral is a lot easier to find and the clutch is not as heavy now after the clutch part has been replaced.
I had the clutch recall done yesterday and I find neutral is a lot harder to find than it was before the update. Prior to the recall all I had to do was tap on the heel shifter and it went right into neutral. Doesn't do that anymore. I also have Redline transmission fluid.

Old 09-19-2014 | 08:10 PM
RickDM
Road Master

Had a great dealership experience today in Conyers GA. They completed my clutch recall in a very short period of time and re-flashed my passing lamps to stay on with my high beams free of charge. You should also get this done if you already haven't. It may be my imagination, but it seems like my clutch engages closer to the grip than before.

Old 09-19-2014 | 08:13 PM
shmelty
6th Gear

I had my clutch recall done today (along with my 1k mile service). I noticed the clutch engaging/disengaging a lot better!

Old 09-19-2014 | 08:47 PM
Harttoo
Road Master
Veteran: Army

I had My clutch recall today.No difference in feel of clutch after completion.My gripe is that They did not clean up after finishing.It appears that the mechanics are not required to clean up after completion.That is left for a detailer or bike washer.What ever,They released bike to Me with greasy finger prints and clutch lever and brake fluid spilled on clutch master cylinder and clutch lever housing.
I expect a professional service experience from an authorized Harley-Davidson Service Center even if I don't have to pay for it.Car dealers don't leave greasy fingerprints on Your steering wheel.They used to,but They learned to be more professional.I did complain to the Service Manager,but I am still really "ticked off"! May not ever go there again,I will ride 20 miles to other Dealer.

Old 09-19-2014 | 08:59 PM
01XLH
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Harttoo
I had My clutch recall today.No difference in feel of clutch after completion.
I had my recall done this afternoon, I was coming here to comment:

I had the clutch compensator replaced on my 05 ElectraGlide last July. The clutch was so much easier to pull in after that, I didn't realize how much effort it took.

I expected the 14 clutch to be really easy, it was actually anything but. I asked the service dept about it, "No that is how they're supposed to be".

Now after the clutch work today, the clutch takes far less effort to pull in.
Go Figure

Old 09-19-2014 | 09:16 PM
ElvisNOklahoma
Advanced

Took mine in today and an hour later I was out the door. The tech stopped what he was doing and got on mine so I could get out after he was at a stopping point on the other bike he was working on. Couldn't tell any difference but feel better now that it is done!

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****