Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014 | 04:32 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by offthewall
Torrential rain this morning. I wasn't going to get soaked before work to get a recall done. Maybe later in the week.
I left the bike with them this morning. By noon they had called and it was ready. Picked it up after work today. It also was cleaned up nicely (it needed a bath from the last rain I was caught in)

The clutch definitely has a firmer pull and grabs closer to the top of the range, rather then just off the grip as it did before the recall. Not better or worse, just different.

Old 09-17-2014 | 04:52 PM
ron1z
Advanced

Still have not been notified by dealer or HD????

Old 09-17-2014 | 05:15 PM
CaCruizin
Tourer

Mine was done yesterday and they told me about it as I was booking it in for a small job the day before.

Old 09-17-2014 | 07:07 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

Weather was bad last Sat so I cnx and rescheduled for today.

Got it done, and there is definitely a difference where the clutch starts to engage.

I always thought mine grabbed pretty late like and inch and half from the grip.

Now it engages at 3/4 of an in so, much closer to the grip and I like that very much.

Maybe mine would have had an issue if not for the recall, who knows.

Old 09-17-2014 | 07:08 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by ron1z
Still have not been notified by dealer or HD????
I haven't been notified either, I just called and made an appointment for Friday.

Old 09-17-2014 | 07:18 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
I haven't been notified either, I just called and made an appointment for Friday.

Yes, I was the one that let them know, after they confirmed ( a day later) it they called me and scheduled it.

Through the internet we find out info as fast or in this case faster than dealers. So it really becomes a two street.

Old 09-17-2014 | 08:22 PM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by 68 XLCH
Yes, I was the one that let them know, after they confirmed ( a day later) it they called me and scheduled it.

Through the internet we find out info as fast or in this case faster than dealers. So it really becomes a two street.

Glad it worked out for you and yes, thank God for the internet!

Old 09-18-2014 | 07:08 AM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

I'm impressed. I just got the new clutch recall done yesterday and the recall is marked as closed already this morning on H-D.com. I guess as long as the dealer enters the information, it's immediately updated on the website.

Old 09-18-2014 | 02:30 PM
bigwave916
Cruiser

I just picked up 2014 FLHTK yesterday and noticed that the clutch is a bit "grabby" The bike is real tough to get into neutral and hard to roll even with the clutch lever pulled all the way back. I called the dealer and they told me they did the recall before I picked it up. He said "We couldn't have sold it to you without performing the recall"

H-D website says recall is closed on my VIN, so I guess they did the recall.

Based on what I've read in this thread, I think I'm going to get in the habit of using the kill switch when I park the bike, just to get a little practice for the unexpected.

Old 09-18-2014 | 05:00 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigwave916
I just picked up 2014 FLHTK yesterday and noticed that the clutch is a bit "grabby" The bike is real tough to get into neutral and hard to roll even with the clutch lever pulled all the way back. I called the dealer and they told me they did the recall before I picked it up. He said "We couldn't have sold it to you without performing the recall" H-D website says recall is closed on my VIN, so I guess they did the recall. Based on what I've read in this thread, I think I'm going to get in the habit of using the kill switch when I park the bike, just to get a little practice for the unexpected.
I suspect they didn't properly bleed the system. You should be able to roll the bike in first with the clutch pulled in.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****