Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2014 | 12:46 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

Originally Posted by scottt
I have never understood why someone chooses to own a Harley only to bash the motorcycle any chance they can get. ( there is a difference between having occasional complaints and bashing IMO ). I know others that do this and it really makes me wonder. They constantly talk about how much better Indian motorcycles are one day, the next day its how much better BMW is. To me, these are great bikes, I simply enjoy owning my Harley and have no intention of switching.

The big question is: why does someone keep riding Harley's when they do nothing but complain about them and talk about how much better other bikes are? Why don't they sell the Harley and buy the bike they talk up all the time? I don't get it!!!
I agree with what you're stating......"don't like?" don't bitch - do something about it. I get a chuckle out of how lazy ppl are or just plain frgn ignorant with HOW they write something........
" Well I guess I am disappointing (disappointed) to say the least ......my breaks (brakes ) don't work....blah, blah, blah. FFS either learn the English language or stay the frig off the forum! That's my rant for the day...lol

Lobo

Old 09-12-2014 | 12:47 PM
2014sgs
Advanced

Glad I saw this. I dropped my bike off for its 1000 mile service a few hours ago. The service writer did not mention the recall. I just called and he said that they have the parts and are already taking care of it. He said he didn't mention it to me earlier because he was not sure what they were doing...I guess they just got the stuff yesterday. Anyway thanks for this thread....

Old 09-12-2014 | 12:50 PM
roadpop
Tourer
From: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!

Called Space Coast Harley yesterday and was able to make appt to get the recall done today. HD pays the dealer just shy of an hour to make the repair..great service from my dealer as I'm riding to Key West Thursday for Bike Week

Old 09-12-2014 | 12:51 PM
Puttnutt24
Road Warrior

What exactly will the dealers being doing to fix this recall, does anyone know?
What does the parts kit consist of?

Old 09-12-2014 | 12:53 PM
TheHHMF
Tourer

Originally Posted by Greg2012FLHTK
I was under the understanding is was the 15's also. But TheHHMF is a service advisor at an HD dealership. He was reading the actual recall builtin the dealers received with the parts today. So when he said it is for 14's only I believe he knows what he is taking about.
To my knowledge and according to the bulletins, yes it's just the 14's, it's also a voluntary recall and not mandated by NHTSA, so I would bet they fixed the issue before shipping 15 models.

To add to the discussion; frankly, some of this H-D bashing is just asinine. Your bike will be fixed, quit all the freaking out and bashing.

Old 09-12-2014 | 01:01 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member

Agreed. The Rushmore is a new platform and it's going to take some time to work out the bugs that HD couldn't identify with all their testing prior to bringing them to market. Those bugs don't bother me; it's just part of the experience of the first year or so of such a new bike, and they don't in any way diminish the pleasure of owning the bike. It helps that I have such a responsive and skilled dealer to take care of the problems (Thunder Tower West in Atlanta).

Old 09-12-2014 | 01:37 PM
Gwaxley
Road Warrior

This thread is about Harley's -New Clutch Recall- like it says New clutch on a new bike that not only has a new clutch but a holelota New stuff. And all of this new stuff we like and asked for. I personally have wanted a Harley for too long to let a little thing like this clutch master cylinder seal kit stand in the way me loving my bike. If you've read any thing about the Rushmore you would know that the production was speed up to a 3 year production process to give us what we wanted and asked for. So yes the recall may be disappointing to so but surprising no. With a new and initiative product I don't think so and what has been a recall it's a simple and permanent fix, look at any new and innovative co. oh may be Apple or many others. So maybe you don't love the notion of riding an American made motorcycle has much as I do, not too many people on this forum is going to pay you on the head or wine with you about a little recall. But they will tell you if you don't have respect for the brand or just want a bike to ride, park and never just set and stare at its mystic, thin by all means go get you an Indian or Honda or what ever. I know my dealer is looking for good used Harley's he can't keep them on the show room floor. I'm out

Old 09-12-2014 | 01:44 PM
68 XLCH
Road Warrior

Dealer called me today and asked if i could make it in tomorrow at 2 for the recall fix.

Thanked him for the call, hopefully good weather.

Old 09-12-2014 | 01:56 PM
roadpop
Tourer
From: Living 33yrs in Sunny Florida !!! Living the retirement dream....Love it!!!

I've been in the retail automobile business since 1971 and have seen a multitude of recalls over the years..every manufacturer has constant recalls that accrue over time..and the reason basically is so we have safer and more dependable rides..if you look into most recalls it takes very few complaints to trigger one..maybe one or two..would you rather the factory just waited to make repairs as they fail..they can only do so much R&D and if you only have a handful fail out of all the new bikes they sell,how can you really bash the factory..did anyone get hurt because of this recall? Not sure,... everything we do can be defined in percentages and this is a very very small number of failures..I think the new 14 Limited is in a class by itself

Old 09-12-2014 | 03:18 PM
roadkinglobo
Supporter

Well stated!

Quick Reply: ****New clutch recall issued 9/8/14****