Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lets see the Apes!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2014 | 07:26 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brykwil
Yes they can!Not sure about the pullback to stock. What i do know is there all day comfortable.
In these pics bars are all the way forward

Vin/stock

that is so, unbelievably, bad ***. what kind of mirrors are those?

Old 09-10-2014 | 08:11 AM
wt street bob
Cruiser

Thanks Brykwil, those are exactly what I want!! Awesome looking Limited!!

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:23 AM
Brykwil
Tourer

Originally Posted by JiXeR
that is so, unbelievably, bad ***. what kind of mirrors are those?
Thanks Brother,BikeMaster Diamond Spike Chrome Mirror. I picked them up at Cycle Gear. $35.00 each there a year old and 20,000 miles later still look new.

Old 09-10-2014 | 09:25 AM
Brykwil
Tourer

Originally Posted by wt street bob
Thanks Brykwil, those are exactly what I want!! Awesome looking Limited!!

Old 09-11-2014 | 07:55 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

Originally Posted by Brykwil
Thanks Brother,BikeMaster Diamond Spike Chrome Mirror. I picked them up at Cycle Gear. $35.00 each there a year old and 20,000 miles later still look new.
i'm extremely jealous of your bike man. haha. i was worried when i bought my limited that i was going to be stuck with an 'old man' bike. but you have shown me that's not the case!

also, what seat is that? i've been looking for a good solo seat.

Old 09-11-2014 | 08:00 AM
JiXeR
Tourer

also, how did you manage this?

is that a fender replacement?

Attached Thumbnails lets see the Apes!-screencap.jpg  
Old 09-11-2014 | 06:41 PM
Brykwil
Tourer

also, how did you manage this?

is that a fender replacement?
Stock fender,Paint match saddlebag filler strips from Harley. And I used flat bar to make the license plate mount.

Old 09-11-2014 | 06:53 PM
Brykwil
Tourer

i'm extremely jealous of your bike man. haha. i was worried when i bought my limited that i was going to be stuck with an 'old man' bike. but you have shown me that's not the case!

also, what seat is that? i've been looking for a good solo seat.
LMAO,,,The Limited is the best of both worlds with all the bells and whistles's.Le Pera bare-bones is the really low profile seat good for 50 miles before things start hurting.
The other solo seat is a Mustang seat, all day comfort with backrest and the option of a removable passenger seat.

Last edited by Brykwil; 09-11-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 09-11-2014 | 09:52 PM
Microdoted
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jb27

13" LA Choppers Prime Apes. Stock clutch/brake cables. Soldered my own wire extensions. Ended up changing out the stock mirrors as they were somewhat obscured by the switch housings. These bars are a touch shorter than Yaffe 12" mbb's but are a few inches wider. I'm 5'-10" tall and they are just below shoulder level. Pretty comfy. Low speed maneuvering took a little getting used to, but otherwise happy. Like any bars with a bend, internal wiring was a PITA. This was first set I ever did so next time should be easier. I also went with the Screamin Eagle TBW to make running its wires a little easier. I bought them from a local shop M&M Leather. Great place.
just bought the exact same setup.... how tight is that brake and clutch cable? did it reduce your turn radius any? im fine with the wiring, but not positive on how to bleed the abs or clutch, so im trying to avoid that if i can.

Old 09-11-2014 | 10:22 PM
jb27
Tourer

Originally Posted by Microdoted
just bought the exact same setup.... how tight is that brake and clutch cable? did it reduce your turn radius any? im fine with the wiring, but not positive on how to bleed the abs or clutch, so im trying to avoid that if i can.
I don't think it reduced my turning radius at all. I cut the zip ties for the clutch/brake cables under the fairing and just re-routed things a little with them. No need to bleed abs or clutch. I've put on about 500 miles since I put the bars on and no issues. Bars still go to full lock both sides.

Last edited by jb27; 09-11-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Quick Reply: lets see the Apes!