Sponsored by:

Radio update works but a few problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 08:51 PM
bigrobtemp
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Radio update works but a few problems

So I did the update and it has worked ok until tonight. When I start up the bike the radio is now off every time. It always was on and now it decides to be off? Anyone else having this? Also at one start up the volume would not work? Shut it off to get gas and when I started it back up the volume worked again?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:02 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by bigrobtemp
So I did the update and it has worked ok until tonight. When I start up the bike the radio is now off every time. It always was on and now it decides to be off? Anyone else having this? Also at one start up the volume would not work? Shut it off to get gas and when I started it back up the volume worked again?
I'm not experiencing any of those issues with 1.18.1.

One new bug I AM having is with he Map zoom +/- buttons. Hitting the - button the first time, zooms the Map all the way in. Subsequent - pushes zoom out as designed.

Last edited by offthewall; 08-29-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:29 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Have had all 3 of the issues posted.

Add to the list. Blank screen on start up. Music will play and no display. Turn off bike wait a minute and it will work again

Old 08-30-2014, 05:32 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
One new bug I AM having is with he Map zoom +/- buttons. Hitting the - button the first time, zooms the Map all the way in. Subsequent - pushes zoom out as designed.

I noticed this last night after I did the update, does it do that every time you start up or was it just once after your update? Thanks...

Old 08-30-2014, 05:53 AM
hogowner69
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am also experiencing he radio being off no matter how I leave it or shut of the bike....have more of a wait before the radio even displays

Old 08-30-2014, 08:10 AM
RG Pilot
Road Warrior
Received 301 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by offthewall
I'm not experiencing any of those issues with 1.18.1.

Same here.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Harttoo
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 153 Likes on 125 Posts

My display is so dim when I start in morning,I can barely see it.Going into setup and screen brightness and turn automatic on and off solves it until night when I start ,the screen is as bright as it gets and I have to go thru the automatic off and on again.I reinstalled last night,curious to see what happens.

Old 08-30-2014, 08:27 AM
jdunn01
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Updated mine yesterday and went for a long ride and used the nav. This was the first time I have actually downloaded a map and used it like this. Once I got where I was going had lunch and was headed back I could not get the nav to quit recalculating or turn it off. Pulled over and checked and for some reason it lost my "Home" setting. After entering my address in the "home" setting it quit.

Not sure if it was related to update or not but if you have the problem of it interrupting the radio and not being able to turn off nav check your home setting.

Old 08-30-2014, 09:17 AM
IUOE ROB
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 255 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by Harttoo
My display is so dim when I start in morning,I can barely see it.Going into setup and screen brightness and turn automatic on and off solves it until night when I start ,the screen is as bright as it gets and I have to go thru the automatic off and on again.I reinstalled last night,curious to see what happens.
I noticed the same last night after the update, going for a shake down ride now so we'll see what happens...

Old 08-30-2014, 01:17 PM
offthewall
Stellar HDF Member
Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by IUOE ROB
I noticed this last night after I did the update, does it do that every time you start up or was it just once after your update? Thanks...
I don't know if it happens on EVERY start up but it has happened EVERY time I've gone to zoom the map (5-6 times).

Quick Reply: Radio update works but a few problems